Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271
Not properly.

Jump on a sentry? Doesn't work.

Use any of the crouch jump shortcuts that litter the maps? Like dustbowl 2-2 to get higher up without the stairs, 3-2 to get to the ledge leading towards the cap from Red's side, GR 1-1 to get onto the rails from the top of the hill etc etc. None of them work. It's broken.

Valve have said it's broken. I gave up trying to play in frustration before because of how horrible the movement feels now and because of my limited path options.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-03-06 10:23:32)

Sidsnot
Banned
+93|5563|Stoke, England
Noooooooooo!

Fail more valve
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
Why the fuck did that change even need to be made, honestly.

Fuck off Valve, introduce more random /fail elements, seriously.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271
It's because they were making the hitboxes for the models more closely while in mid air. I'm sure you'll agree that thats a worthwhile thing to do.

They just messed it up horribly and somehow failed to notice that they'd broken jumping and released the update anyway.

As for the crouch timer (which is completely unrelated to the problems i think), I agree. It feels horrible in mid air when you can only crouch once. Horrible.

But to be honest Uzique I agree. They've done nothing but made the game less fun to play recently. Hopefully it's just a temporary dip.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-03-06 11:10:17)

Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6403|dm_maidenhead

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Yeah all good changes. Also its the 5th not the 9th. 9th is my birthday .

Glad Natascha is working again, and Spies can now stab people with their backs to walls.

They seemed to have forgotten to do the much needed fix 'remove Sandman' though. Maybe that'll be in the next update.
For the last time, there isn't anything theoretically wrong with the Sandman.
Maybe not, but being stunned ruins the game.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6157|Vancouver | Canada

Peter wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Yeah all good changes. Also its the 5th not the 9th. 9th is my birthday .

Glad Natascha is working again, and Spies can now stab people with their backs to walls.

They seemed to have forgotten to do the much needed fix 'remove Sandman' though. Maybe that'll be in the next update.
You could technically say the same thing about the backstab, in a round-about way.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469

DefCon-17 wrote:

Peter wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

You could technically say the same thing about the backstab, in a round-about way.
Or anything really.

"It's not fun for the guy stunned"

Is no different than.

"It's not fun for the guy who got killed"

Getting pwnd in games isn't fun, however pwning people is. Same goes for stunning.

So really the only answer is "Don't die, or get stunned."
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271

DefCon-17 wrote:

The difference is a Spy has to work very hard to get his backstab, as does the Sniper to get his headshot. All the Scout has to do is left click when he sees somebody and the ball is fast enough that they can't dodge, and if it hits them anywhere thats it. They're dead in most cases.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271
http://store.steampowered.com/news/2321/

Team Fortress 2

* You can now duck twice in the air. Scout double jumps reset the in-air jump counts
    * Increased the jump velocity to account for the tuned bounding box sizes. Jump height should now match the prior-to-last-update heights
    * Added "tf_clamp_airducks" convar, set to 1 by default
          o Setting it to 0 will remove all constraints on ducking while in the air. Useful for servers running RJ challenge maps
Excellent. Lets hope thats it sorted then.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6157|Vancouver | Canada

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

The difference is a Spy has to work very hard to get his backstab, as does the Sniper to get his headshot. All the Scout has to do is left click when he sees somebody and the ball is fast enough that they can't dodge, and if it hits them anywhere thats it. They're dead in most cases.
..A very round-about way I mean.

I see your point though.

Although you have to admit, landing crazy Sandman hits is just so cool.

Edit: Maybe they should make it so you can only stun someone if they're quite a distance away, and only keep them stunned long enough for the Scout to catch up to them.
That way it'd be more of a "no retreating for you" weapon than a "I'll face you head-on and win every time" weapon.

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2009-03-06 18:18:41)

RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6407|NSW, Australia

imo, the sandman should have been a knock back weapon instead of a stun
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

Fuck the Sandman problems. I just got the second patch they put out to fix the jumping issue and now the game crashes every 5 seconds after joining a server. Animations don't load. Textures are missing.

This happened on 4 different servers ranging from 10-30 players on each on several maps.

@ Graven, don't comment on unlocks please. You don't even play proper TF2. Just surf.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271
Apparently thats because you connected to a non updated servers.

But that means there was a big problem with the patch. You could connect to non-updated servers. But I don't care. Valve knew they had to get this patch out fast, and I'm glad they did (assuming these horrible problems will phase out very soon as servers are updated). Just keep trying until you get one that works .
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

Fixed now. Probably what you said Yoda.

Annoying at the time though.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271
Well I just went jumping around on the maps and it seems to be back in working order (Yes Peter you can get behind the Watchtower signs again ). The crouching still feels wrong at times though. eg press crouch juuuuust before jump and you'll just crouch. You used to do a perfect crouch jump in that situation. Another thing is to get the crouch jumps that were broken in the last patch you have to press crouch immediately after jumping or I don't think it'll work. Holding crouch as Scout in mid air and trying to do a 2nd jump simply won't work. You have to let go. Overall it's still clunkier than before, but almost feels natural again.

Another interesting thing is sometimes I feel as though i'm jumping higher than before. Hmm might have been because everyone was jumping so low all day.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-03-06 20:17:13)

dill13
+67|6194

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Well I just went jumping around on the maps and it seems to be back in working order (Yes Peter you can get behind the Watchtower signs again ). The crouching still feels wrong at times though. eg press crouch juuuuust before jump and you'll just crouch. You used to do a perfect crouch jump in that situation. Another thing is to get the crouch jumps that were broken in the last patch you have to press crouch immediately after jumping or I don't think it'll work. Holding crouch as Scout in mid air and trying to do a 2nd jump simply won't work. You have to let go. Overall it's still clunkier than before, but almost feels natural again.

Another interesting thing is sometimes I feel as though i'm jumping higher than before. Hmm might have been because everyone was jumping so low all day.
holding crouch and trying to double jump never worked.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6440|King Of The Islands

Fixed flamethrower loophole that resulted in the flame effect being stuck on while the flamethrower wasn't really firing
Aww, I used to shoot randomly just so I could run around with it
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6403|dm_maidenhead

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

i did the behind the sign jump with the fail update. I was just wondering if you could get out again now they have fixed it.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5789|Catherine Black
Wait, why do you need to duck more than once in mid air?

Surely only one duck is needed to get onto boxes etc?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6403|dm_maidenhead

Finray wrote:

So much to learn.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5789|Catherine Black

Peter wrote:

Finray wrote:

So much to learn.
Yeah, my most played class is medic at 9 hours..

I play this game just to chill out, so I'm not that good at it. What good is crouching mid air?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6403|dm_maidenhead

Finray wrote:

Peter wrote:

Finray wrote:

So much to learn.
Yeah, my most played class is medic at 9 hours..

I play this game just to chill out, so I'm not that good at it. What good is crouching mid air?
Jump higher. Especially as scout. Crouching at the end of each jump. ie. 'jump crouch jump crouch' is higher than 'jump jump crouch'
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
Maybe Valve could change the way the Sandman is implemented, maybe when you're stunned you can still fight back, but you move way slower, aim slower, have your aim all weirded out and swing the melee weapon slower.

That way if a Scout has like, 2 HP left, The Sandman isn't an automatic life-saver.
Kez
+778|5704|London, UK
I think Sandman should just make an opponent 50% slower. Helps escaping which is a key use of the Sandman and also slows ubered opponents charging towards your base.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6403|dm_maidenhead

Kptk92 wrote:

I think Sandman should just not exist

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard