Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6527|Brisbane, Aus

good news for spies, & another natasha fix.

Gameplay changes

Added a duck timer that prevents duck spamming while running around on-ground

In-air, players are only allowed to duck once before they touch ground again

Fixed several bounding box issues with jumping, falling, and rocket jump air-walking. Bounding box should be much more accurate there now

Increased backstab check so that Spies can side-stab again

When disguising, Spies now always start showing the primary weapon in their disguise, and can then switch it with the last-disguise key

TF2 Fixes

Fixed flamethrower loophole that resulted in the flame effect being stuck on while the flamethrower wasn't really firing

Fixed exploit that allowed players to circumvent the force-fire timeout on the pipebomb launcher

Fixed a bug that caused Natasha's slow on hit effect to be inverted from 75% to 25%

Restored sawmill_logs.mdl file, fixing some user maps that used it

Fixed some localization issues with Scout achievement strings

Removed the "Final" phrasing in the map loading screen

Engine fixes

Fixed a server crash on startup under Linux

Fixed a buffer overflow issue related to network string tables

Gamestats uploading is now done asynchronously. This fixes the client timeout issues on map changes

CP_Junction

Fixed an exploit where engineers could build a teleporter exit in an invalid area

Fixed a few bad overlay assignments and other minor issues
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Yeah all good changes. Also its the 5th not the 9th. 9th is my birthday .

Glad Natascha is working again, and Spies can now stab people with their backs to walls.

They seemed to have forgotten to do the much needed fix 'remove Sandman' though. Maybe that'll be in the next update.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-03-05 16:09:23)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Yeah all good changes. Also its the 5th not the 9th. 9th is my birthday .

Glad Natascha is working again, and Spies can now stab people with their backs to walls.

They seemed to have forgotten to do the much needed fix 'remove Sandman' though. Maybe that'll be in the next update.
For the last time, there isn't anything theoretically wrong with the Sandman.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Theoretically, lets say both players can aim, and are right next to each other, and fire at the same time. The sandman user wins this battle 100% of the time (crits and facestabs not taken into account), unless he meets a sniper who HS's him. The other player cannot retaliate.

How is that nothing theoretically wrong?

Of course in reality nobody has 100% aim, but since this counts for both the scout and his opponent it cancels out.

Edit: What I did there was basically steal what this guy said, but couldn't find the link at the time. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s … p?t=812342

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-03-05 16:24:43)

Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6372|dm_maidenhead
Natascha good. Sidestab good. 9th is my friend's birthday too

BUT seriously wtf with the crouch thing. I mean really why. If I can only crouch once on a double jump now I'm going to be pissed off. Who cared about that anyway? And the timer. Lame.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
There was a script about that allowed players to be in a constant state of crouch-uncrouching that caused their hitbox to be all over the place while they moved at normal speed. Pretty bad exploit.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6527|Brisbane, Aus

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Yeah all good changes. Also its the 5th not the 9th. 9th is my birthday

Peter wrote:

9th is my friend's birthday too
lol wups, happy b'days for then
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6372|dm_maidenhead
So they avoided the problem instead of fixing it?
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6405
Have they fixed that bug where you can crash servers with the spy?

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Theoretically, lets say both players can aim, and are right next to each other, and fire at the same time. The sandman user wins this battle 100% of the time (crits and facestabs not taken into account), unless he meets a sniper who HS's him. The other player cannot retaliate.

Of course in reality nobody has 100% aim, but since this counts for both the scout and his opponent it cancels out.

Edit: What I did there was basically steal what this guy said, but couldn't find the link at the time. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s … p?t=812342
Didn't read any of that post except
"You need to get laid" Is this an offer? If so, very well, I accept.
lol
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6439

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

By in theory, I meant the stunning enemies. Maybe the stun lasts too long though, maybe.

However in pratice, even if the stun lasts a bit to long, the likelyhood of you hitting anything that isn't a spun up heavy is pretty low. You have a rate of fire of 6 RPM, a slow projectile, significant drop, a highly visible round that is easy to see, all making the thing difficult to aim and easy to evade.

Also the Scout loses his double-jump when he has it. And while yes when he has the FaN, he regains a good amount of that ability, you must remember that you could either have triple-jump, or have out the Scatter-gun which has a much better DPS than the FaN.

So I would just shorten the stun, and maybe add a (brief) delay between when the "hit ball" key (why isn't it Mouse 2?) is pressed and the ball is hit. Maybe he could like throw the ball up into the air and then hit it.

This would make The Sandman even less efective as shots would need to be aimed, timed and lead.

Also it should be noted that against the Demoman, Soldier, Pyro and Heavy, the Scout will never really have enough time to be ensured a kill, unless he gets a crit. Those classes have enough health and firepower that if both them and the Scout were to engage, the not-scout gets stunned and the scout goes in to kill him, the not-Scout will likely recover with enough time to kill the Scout, and not be dead.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6431|UK
I'm sure their going to alter the sandman with some tweakings. They are probably just testing it now.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

Wow, that flamethrower thing's been there since the start. I'm kinda sad to see it finally fixed.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada
Back-to-the-wall cowards will feel my knife's wrath again.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

Ty wrote:

Wow, that flamethrower thing's been there since the start. I'm kinda sad to see it finally fixed.
Same.

Also my personal recommendation to fix junction is as follows: Fuck it off entirely. Seriously the guy who designed that map has a massive hard-on for demomen.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
dill13
+67|6164

Fenix14 wrote:

Increased backstab check so that Spies can side-stab again
why so the spy has 270 degrees of backstab again and they didnt totally fix face stabs,radom spam with knife now wins mellee fights 9/10 times again. I wish they fix the flamethrower exploit were you can burn the same person twice with one flame if the have their back to a wall. Essentially if they have backburner doing 4 times the damage they should be.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Oh dear the Steam forums have threads saying that:

Natascha STILL doesn't work

and

You can't crouch jump at all or something stupid like that (Valve have said they're working on that already)

Just read some more too. That crouch timer sounds horrible.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-03-05 19:08:01)

Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6439
I haven't found a problem with the crouch-jump, and Natasha works like it used to.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Guess it may just be a case of the Steam forums making mountains out of molehills again like always then.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

Fucking crouch spammers, ruining the damn game, nerf the crouch
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6439

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Guess it may just be a case of the Steam forums making mountains out of molehills again like always then.
That's official forums for ya'

The trash cry, the not-trash are on unofficial forums.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
No the crouch jump IS broken. There's plenty of jumps I always use that simply don't work anymore. And it feels clunky as hell. It's BF2 all over again.
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
Not been on yet, not being able to crouch jump is a crime
Sidsnot
Banned
+93|5533|Stoke, England
Noooooooooo!

Fail more valve
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6439
You can crouch jump.

I do it all the time. You just can't crouch spam when you're in mid-air. Crouch jumping still works.
Sidsnot
Banned
+93|5533|Stoke, England

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

You can crouch jump.

I do it all the time. You just can't crouch spam when you're in mid-air. Crouch jumping still works.
oh right

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard