Spidery_Yoda
+399|6279
Email from Robin Walker. They're going to try and make it so people actually know what random crap the server they're joining is running. They tried this before with the tag system, but idiot server owners still try and hide their game-breaking modifications from people to get their server full.

Valve will also start running official vanilla servers. Great news. I'm sure i'm not the only one that has a LOT of trouble getting into a vanilla game these days. It's far more difficult than it should be. I wonder if their upgrades to the master server will also stop false player counts .

Robin wrote:

We're working on improving our master server system to deal with this kind of thing. Our goal isn't to shut down custom servers, but to have them correctly identified so that users can find the game that they want to play. We're also planning on running a set of official servers which will be running unmodified game rules.

Robin.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s … p?t=816222

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-03-05 07:34:43)

Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6444
I hope they fix the player spoofing thing. It annoys me when I join a server saying it's near full and it's actually totally empty.
Kez
+778|5712|London, UK
raaaaaaaaaaaaaar i hate the servers that have 32 players but i join them because they have a 24/7 of maps that i like such as badwater and goldrush

need more 24 players - more of a reason to get bf2s server
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6411|dm_maidenhead
Awesome. Any yay for vanilla servers. Stock map rotation servers are the best.
Kez
+778|5712|London, UK

Peter wrote:

need a bf2s server here
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6469|UK

Kptk92 wrote:

Peter wrote:

need a bf2s server here
Yeah probably cheaper than running the BF2 servers which no one uses.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6674|NT, like Mick Dundee

Bad luck to you guys.

Here in Aus due to the nature of the PC internet gaming market we have a few major providers that run the most popular servers.

Many of which are running stock rotations of valve maps with 24 players and no mods.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6469|UK

Flecco wrote:

Bad luck to you guys.

Here in Aus due to the nature of the PC internet gaming market we have a few major providers that run the most popular servers.

Many of which are running stock rotations of valve maps with 24 players and no mods.
Don't you guys have to pay like 5 million quid for games or something like that?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6477
I also hope this ends all the servers that list as having 19/24 but actually have 0/24.

Those suck
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6674|NT, like Mick Dundee

Eh? No... The amount we pay for games has nothing to do with the local server providers. It's got to do with the games publishing industry being cunts to us in general thanks to the exchange rate. When the currency is strong the price we pay for games can get close to almost twice what people in the US pay for them. When it's weak we still pay extra. Gotten to the point where the major PC gaming publications now encourage people to order online.

Internode, Gamespace, Gamearena, ICONZ (Kiwi bunch) etc. etc. run most of the servers that are regularly populated in the AU region. They are basically subdivisions of our ISPs specifically targeted at gamers.

Internode is the most popular for TF2 at the moment (I think). They run about 30 servers with various map rotations, most of which are 24 man servers. Some are just gold/dust spam fests, some are payload only, some have a few select maps in rotation, some run the full gamut of valve maps and there's 1 or 2 currently dedicated to Egypt/Junction. I spend almost all my time on TF2 on these servers.

Gamearena are similar, except they have a regularly populated arena server running too, and a 24 man -nocrit, -nodmgspread CP maps server.

Only problem I have with both lots is they don't have enough admins.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard