13rin
+977|6472
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id … amp;page=1

Looks like Obama is going after guns.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

So if a person, totally not Macbeth, bought an assault rifle during the period what exactly would I have to do with it if an ban comes into place?
13rin
+977|6472

Macbeth wrote:

So if a person, totally not Macbeth, bought an assault rifle during the period what exactly would I have to do with it if an ban comes into place?
I think you'd be fine.  Bro just bought a 100rd drum mag for his AR.  Pre ban is good stuff.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I think you'd be fine.  Bro just bought a 100rd drum mag for his AR.  Pre ban is good stuff.
Then I support the ban if it allows only me to keep the guns I already have. /sarcasm
I'm not even going to try to actually debate this.
13rin
+977|6472

Macbeth wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Then I support the ban if it allows only me to keep the guns I already have. /sarcasm
No.  This is BS.  The reason for it is so that Mexican police can have an easier time against their criminals.  Let's make our counrty weaker to help another country's police force.  Garbage.

Did you know what the origional AR ban was about?

I think I'll drop a few grand on some more guns.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

No.  This is BS.  The reason for it is so that Mexican police can have an easier time against their criminals.  Let's make our counrty weaker to help another country's police force.  Garbage.

Did you know what the origional AR ban was about?

I think I'll drop a few grand on some more guns.
The first statement was sarcasm as indicted by the sarcasm tag.
Well at least you'll be stimulating the economy.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6709
It just keeps getting better... everyday it's like wtf? I can't believe they are doing that...
Whatever Nobama says... he does the opposite... 1 and done for this guy... 2010 and 2012 will be so important... God help us all

Take away guns from legal owners... great idea... I'm sure the Mexican gangs and US criminals will follow suit and drop off their guns also
Love is the answer
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6522|Global Command
We have all known Obama was going to repeal the ban. Scary part is this is just the beginning.

50. cal ammo will be next. Then fingerprint ammo. God only. Knows where it will stop.
13rin
+977|6472

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

It just keeps getting better... everyday it's like wtf? I can't believe they are doing that...
Whatever Nobama says... he does the opposite... 1 and done for this guy... 2010 and 2012 will be so important... God help us all

Take away guns from legal owners... great idea... I'm sure the Mexican gangs and US criminals will follow suit and drop off their guns also
He's such a one and done.  The logic of this administration is borderline retarded. His followers are.

ATG wrote:

We have all known Obama was going to repeal the ban. Scary part is this is just the beginning.

50. cal ammo will be next. Then fingerprint ammo. God only. Knows where it will stop.
I had a feeling too ATG.  This is yet another step on stripping an individuals' rights away.
ATG
Banned
At least he will likely legalize and tax reefer.

That'd be the fastest way to fuck over the mexicunt cartels.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5694|College Park, MD

ATG wrote:

I thought the cartels were into harder stuff
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
13rin
+977|6472

ATG wrote:

HA... Excellent!  Could be possibly the only positive to come from the O.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6772|Great Brown North
lol at the term "assault weapons" if it looks mean, ban it!

psssst, this is sarcasm, just so you know and i don't have to dig out the flame suit

Last edited by krazed (2009-02-26 17:02:21)

ATG
Banned

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

ATG wrote:

Marijuanna is the biggest cash crop grown in california. Fucking douchebag politicians. I hate them all.
Reciprocity
+721|6573|the dank(super) side of Oregon
I was expecting this but I'd love to ask Obama if he realizes that he's eroding his own moderate support.  There's so much other shit going on right now, nobody cares about guns, all this will do is hurt him.
13rin
+977|6472

ATG wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

ATG wrote:

Marijuanna is the biggest cash crop grown in california. Fucking douchebag politicians. I hate them all.
Andddd.  Outlawing tweed was aimed at stopping Mexicans from coming across the border in the 30's and stealing our jobs....  It ovbiously worked.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

DBBrinson1 wrote:

No.  This is BS.  The reason for it is so that Mexican police can have an easier time against their criminals.  Let's make our counrty weaker to help another country's police force.
Weaker against who, the British?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6752|San Antonio, Texas

AussieReaper wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

No.  This is BS.  The reason for it is so that Mexican police can have an easier time against their criminals.  Let's make our counrty weaker to help another country's police force.
The government. That is the whole point of the second amendment was to protect citizens against a tyrannical government.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6709|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
While I am against gun control to this extent, if he wants to go back to the old ban then things shouldn't be too bad.  Basically under the old ban, anything pre-ban could be bought and sold without any problems.  No new "assault weapons" (basically any semi-auto rifle with a capacity greater than 10 rounds, as well as a couple other odds and ends such as name changes for certain guns and the removal of bayonet fixtures) could be produced for civilians or imported.

On a lighter note, one of the more laughable reasons given in the article for this ban was that "grenades and automatic weapons" were turning up in the hands of the drug cartels.  Now then, I'm reasonably sure that grenades and automatic weapons were either completely illegal or highly controlled before, during, and after the ban and that the ban had no effect on these devices.  The only possible link to this would be that some of the weapons covered in the ban were being bought and modified for full auto.  However, this could be done with any semi-auto rifle, not just the ones covered under the ban.
ATG
Banned

DBBrinson1 wrote:

ATG wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Andddd.  Outlawing tweed was aimed at stopping Mexicans from coming across the border in the 30's and stealing our jobs....  It ovbiously worked.
No, it was outlawed because phamecutical companies bribed politicians. They didn't want mother nature as competition for all the chemical garbage they call medicine.

btw, I have not taken any medication, including pain pills when I had my vasectomy, in years.

I do make one exception; lots of antacid. All this economy bullshit has me sort of miserable and stressed out.
Reciprocity
I think Pelosi realizes the tenuous nature of her majority.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6438|The Land of Scott Walker
Brady Bill part 2, I expected such.  Ammo Accountability Act and this are a 1,2 punch.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6438|The Land of Scott Walker

krazed wrote:

lol at the term "assault weapons" if it looks mean, ban it!
This sums up the Brady Bill quite nicely ...
Reciprocity
I wonder how many of these cartel weapons were legally sold or given to the mexican government by our government. 

fucking mexicans.
13rin
+977|6472

AussieReaper wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

A unarmed society is a weak one.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard