Poll

Are you going to get it?

Yes, can't wait!52%52% - 36
No, Screw Win7, I <3 my XP/Vista47%47% - 32
Total: 68
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

At this time, Windows 7 RC is internally being tested and the official release date is set for April 10, 2009. The Windows team is right on schedule with development, and if there are no significant problems over the next few weeks the April 10, 2009 release date will remain in tact.
Sauce
gnot<3
Leave blank to use forum default.
+45|5525
yes, cuz xp pro sucks & I always wanted to get vista. so why waste money on 2 OS in one year?

also the prices are gonna be steep tho, 330ish usd for retail and oem, not sure.
CrazeD
+368|6643|Maine

gnot<3 wrote:

yes, cuz xp pro sucks & I always wanted to get vista. so why waste money on 2 OS in one year?

also the prices are gonna be steep tho, 330ish usd for retail and oem, not sure.
Why waste money on an OS to begin with?
gnot<3
+45|5525

CrazeD wrote:

gnot<3 wrote:

hmm lets see, torrents are for poor people tbh. (except for music dl's )

inb4flamefest

2, cuz my buddy of mine that works @ a PC shop gave me xp pro for free

& 3, cuz im just cool like that, and I want to stroll up in bestbuy and be looked upon as a role model.
GR34
+215|6516|ALBERTA> CANADA
oh I will be "getting" it lulz.

Fo free
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
That quick? Jeez..
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

gnot<3 wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

gnot<3 wrote:

inb4flamefest

& 3, cuz im just cool like that, and I want to stroll up in bestbuy and be looked upon as a role model.
Never buy Operating systems or other expensive software from BestBuy. Retail versions will cost you a fortune. Order an OEM version online.
gnot<3
+45|5525

ebug9 wrote:

gnot<3 wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

inb4flamefest

Never buy Operating systems or other expensive software from BestBuy. Retail versions will cost you a fortune. Order an OEM version online.
well ebug, thx for the tip. you shoulda told me that when I bought my pc parts from a local retail store. parts cost me over 3 grand. /jk...

no rly, I don't really care about the price, so that doesn't concern me one bit. That's the only thing I'm ever gonna buy at a retail store (bestbuy) anyways.

It's like a ps3 being released, you don't wanna preorder and wait, do ya? Some principal applies to this, lol, (not really) but that's how I see it.
ElementalDragon
+6|5541
The problem with OEM versions is that AFAIK, they're not very partial to being installed on different setups.  if you upgrade somewhat often, or upgrade a lot of stuff at once.... i'm not sure MS will be able to do too much with helping you re-activate with the installation code.

I bought Windows Vista Ultimate retail.... and i plan on buying Windows 7 retail too when it's released.

Crazed:  why "waste" money?  cause it's much easier to have a copy that can be activated than it is to find cracks that tend to quite frequently stop working after a while.

And i hope you people don't think that Windows 7 is released in April.  it's only the Release Candidate.... i.e. a version that could quite possibly be RTM (Released To Manufacturing)..... at which point THEN the OS will be released a little while after that.  Probably won't see a purchasable version of W7 until the holiday season.
gnot<3
+45|5525

ElementalDragon wrote:

The problem with OEM versions is that AFAIK, they're not very partial to being installed on different setups.  if you upgrade somewhat often, or upgrade a lot of stuff at once.... i'm not sure MS will be able to do too much with helping you re-activate with the installation code.

I bought Windows Vista Ultimate retail.... and i plan on buying Windows 7 retail too when it's released.

Crazed:  why "waste" money?  cause it's much easier to have a copy that can be activated than it is to find cracks that tend to quite frequently stop working after a while.

And i hope you people don't think that Windows 7 is released in April.  it's only the Release Candidate.... i.e. a version that could quite possibly be RTM (Released To Manufacturing)..... at which point THEN the OS will be released a little while after that.  Probably won't see a purchasable version of W7 until the holiday season.
oh you bastard, I was just gonna say something about the w7 and it's release date...

anyways, listen 2 him and read this

the real release/date is gonna be set for this fall or Q4 of this year obviously.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

When I asked Steven Sinofsky, senior vice president for the Windows and Windows Live Engineering Group, if Microsoft Connect testers as well as MSDN and TechNet subscribers will get the RC before the public, Sinofsky told me no: "The build will be available broadly."
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone
Probably not
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Wallpaper
+303|5964|The pool
Ooooh, will be getting it definitely
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6168|Winland

No, I prefer waiting until my programs are mature, perhaps a year after the final release.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
CrazeD
+368|6643|Maine

gnot<3 wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

gnot<3 wrote:

inb4flamefest

1. No it's not. I'd rather not support Microsoft for their shitty software. Plus, I don't pay for such ridiculously overpriced software

3. You're not cool for going to best buy.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6538|NYC / Hamburg

I'll probs wait for RTM. Vista suits me fine
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6552|SE London

ElementalDragon wrote:

You don't tell them you upgraded lots at once. You say you just changed one bit of hardware, because it was faulty - faulty mobo is the best bet. You tell them your supplier has replaced it with a different version. You'll have no trouble.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5652
xp til i die
Amdi Peter
peut-ĂȘtre
+111|5519|paris
I'll stick with my XP.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Maybe if I build another system. Would be nice to get out of the whole windows cycle, its just the foss versions of some key programs i use just suck, the rest of work needing windows could be done on VMs. I get all my ms stuff legit and for free anyway. I just don't get excited over an OS anymore.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6418|Boulder, CO

Bertster7 wrote:

ElementalDragon wrote:

You don't tell them you upgraded lots at once. You say you just changed one bit of hardware, because it was faulty - faulty mobo is the best bet. You tell them your supplier has replaced it with a different version. You'll have no trouble.
Aye, I've been in that exact situation and they accepted it. All you need is the model of your old part and the model of your new one. They then just say "ok then you've got another install, have a good day!"

I'll just wait till I get a new pc, several years in the future most likely.
Typh00n
In Flames
+22|6515|42
Keeping Vista until their first Service pack comes to the 7. Or well, hopefully.

In any way I will buy OEM, a hell of alot cheaper.
GCFC
Davide Santon
+45|5900|NY/CT

Freezer7Pro wrote:

No, I prefer waiting until my programs are mature, perhaps a year after the final release.
smartest post in this thread
there's gonna be a shit load of problems when it first comes out
why not wait for the end of the year at least?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
No, XP does the job for me, and i can't afford a new OS
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone

phishman420 wrote:

xp til i die