SquadBuster
+9|5729|uk
what is the best res to choose on bf2 for a monitor that runs 1680x1050?

since bf2 seems to have every res eccept that one in the vid options.
just bought this display and that has quite peed me off.

hope they add it in 1.5 that is deffo coming out and isn't a load of bullshit, i know a guy that knew this guy who sold a couch to this woman who used to go out with a guy thats dad works for DICE and he said it's coming out sometime before 2015 if all goes according to plan.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
There's a way to manually set a custom res, gimmie a sec

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=80298

4th post in there

Last edited by FatherTed (2009-02-21 09:34:31)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6149|Wisconsin
Yup do what Ted said.
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6162|14072
I tried to do what Ted said, but my game crashes right away.. anybody know whats up?

My Monitor
E8400
HD Radeon 4800 Series
4GB RAM
hintakaari
+113|5910

Runs_with_sciss0rs wrote:

I tried to do what Ted said, but my game crashes right away.. anybody know whats up?

My Monitor
E8400
HD Radeon 4800 Series
4GB RAM
if it crash, that means something is not right

......EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050
MysteryJake
+12|6178|California

hintakaari wrote:

My Monitor
E8400
HD Radeon 4800 Series
4GB RAM
if it crash, that means something is not right

......EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050 +restart 1
If you don't want to watch video's on startup.
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6162|14072
I got it work by doing the same thing, I just deleted the old icon on the desktop and replaced it.

I played for about 10 minutes with it, it looks great.  Then I crashed to desktop, I hope it's not a common thing.

edit: Seems everyone in the server crashed as well LOL. That +restart thing is awesome, thank you for telling me.

Last edited by Runs_with_sciss0rs (2009-02-21 11:15:25)

H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5838|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
prob a hacker, theyre that common now lol the multihacks can crash everyone to desktop
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6162|14072
Yea, that's what I was thinking. I saw in the messages "Banning [player] for hacking" Then the server crashed I guess.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6680|England. Stoke
Will this also set that res, for things like SF and mods like PR and AIX?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum

coke wrote:

Not entirely sure, been a long time since i played BF2. You may have to add that line into each of the shortcuts for the various mods.

Last edited by FatherTed (2009-02-21 12:49:48)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6119|San Antonio, Texas

coke wrote:

No, as PR, AIX and SF all use different shortcuts to run the mod. So you'll have to add the resolution line to every shortcut.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5875|CA

SquadBuster wrote:

i know a guy that knew this guy who sold a couch to this woman who used to go out with a guy thats dad works for DICE and he said it's coming out sometime before 2015 if all goes according to plan.
Wait, what?
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
Also, when using widescreen resolutions, you might want to try out this widescreen fixer.
It'll adapt your FOV to your forced widescreen resolution, so you actually have any use of that extra inches.
(Note that the menus and the HUD is not affected by the forced resolution and will still be stretched.)

It's (semi-officially) safe to use with Punkbuster up to v1.32, but I've been using the latest versions for the last few weeks without any PB issues.
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6467|UK , Birmingham
800x600 in css and bf2. max res in WoW 1680x1050
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6478
add in the

......EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050

and it should do it.  I have a 1680 x 1050 screen and that does the trick for me.  You add it to the shortcut, so for every shortcut (SF/AIX/POE/etc) you'll want to add it also.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black

SquadBuster wrote:

i know a guy that knew this guy who sold a couch to this woman who used to go out with a guy thats dad works for DICE and he said it's coming out sometime before 2015 if all goes according to plan.
You must be trolling.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5514|Toronto
Boxxy style trollin, or just regular everyday annoyance trollin? tis a difference.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6814|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Finray wrote:

SquadBuster wrote:

You must be trolling.
They see me trollin'.....
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6536|Area 51

I got it work by doing the same thing, I just deleted the old icon on the desktop and replaced it.

I played for about 10 minutes with it, it looks great.  Then I crashed to desktop, I hope it's not a common thing.

edit: Seems everyone in the server crashed as well LOL. That +restart thing is awesome, thank you for telling me.
It looks great you say? Looks fucking hideous @ 1680 x 1050. Everything stretched out and shit.
fanatic
+20|6126|Texas

globefish23 wrote:

Also, when using widescreen resolutions, you might want to try out this widescreen fixer.
It'll adapt your FOV to your forced widescreen resolution, so you actually have any use of that extra inches.
(Note that the menus and the HUD is not affected by the forced resolution and will still be stretched.)

It's (semi-officially) safe to use with Punkbuster up to v1.32, but I've been using the latest versions for the last few weeks without any PB issues.
+1 for widescreen fixer

Adjusting the resolution on the bf2 icon only stretches it, widescreen fixer actually increases the field of view for a widescreen display

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard