Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6477

Uzique wrote:

Stunlocking in my TF2?

Nice one for removing another grain of skill-sand from the rapidly declining hour-glass. Great to know that to empower the Scout-playing 'skilled players', they gave them a gameplay mechanic that completely disables the other player's ability for a period of time. Anyone else remember a day when Valve said they would retain the competitive balance by never adding any speed-slowing, class-disabling effects? Lol, what an idealised dream-era that was...
Uzique, just give up.

Need I remind you?

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2009-02-17 17:39:22)

d4rkph03n1x
+131|6758

Uzique wrote:

Stunlocking in my TF2?

Nice one for removing another grain of skill-sand from the rapidly declining hour-glass. Great to know that to empower the Scout-playing 'skilled players', they gave them a gameplay mechanic that completely disables the other player's ability for a period of time. Anyone else remember a day when Valve said they would retain the competitive balance by never adding any speed-slowing, class-disabling effects? Lol, what an idealised dream-era that was...
I think leagues should remove the use of unlocks altogether to be honest.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6279
Remember the with the Heavy Update, a few playtesters leaked the info on all the unlocks so we knew about them before the reveal. I'm glad Valve has plugged that particular leak. It's much better when its a suprise
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

Time to reinstall TF2.
Dookie0119
+43|5787
Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6477

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Remember the with the Heavy Update, a few playtesters leaked the info on all the unlocks so we knew about them before the reveal. I'm glad Valve has plugged that particular leak. It's much better when its a suprise
Yeah. Also remember how at first no one liked any of the ideas for the Heavy's equipment? Then everyone got to play with them and they all loved them. Except for Natasha because that was glitched, but now Natasha is great.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6279

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Yeah. Also remember how at first no one liked any of the ideas for the Heavy's equipment? Then everyone got to play with them and they all loved them. Except for Natasha because that was glitched, but now Natasha is great.
Really? I thought everyone was of the opinion that the Heavy got boring uninspired unlocks that bring nothing new or interesting to the class.

Natascha's buffs have now made it viable (and fun) to use, but the other 2 still suck. Sandvich is useful, but its just a health pack. KGB sounds fun in theory but how often does it get used? Never, because of how slow the Heavy is.

Compare this to the Kritzkrieg, Ubersaw, Flare Gun, Axtinguisher, Airblast (and now Sandman). All those unlocks were fresh, exciting and brought new play mechanics into the game. What did the Heavy get like that? Nothing.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-02-18 07:05:03)

Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6477

Sidsnot wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Sidsnot wrote:

Ye the Medic is the thick one.
The medic is probably the smartest one there.
Engineer is smartest
The Medic is a Nazi Scientist. Engi is a red-neck.

Medic>Engi
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6279

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Sidsnot wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Engineer is smartest

Medic>Engi

Engineer Bio wrote:

The Engineer

This amiable, soft-spoken good ol' boy from tiny Bee Cave, Texas loves barbeque, guns, and higher education. Natural curiosity, ten years as a roughneck in the west Texas oilfields, and eleven hard science PhDs have trained him to design, build and repair a variety of deadly contraptions.
I think the Engineer wins.

Edit: Oh btw sorry i'm not deliberately trying to argue with everything you say. It's starting to look like that . Just bringing in alternate viewpoints

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-02-18 07:38:51)

Sidsnot
Banned
+93|5571|Stoke, England

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Sidsnot wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Engineer is smartest
The Medic is a Nazi
End of

Engi is smartest
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5973|London, England

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Sidsnot wrote:

Engineer is smartest

Medic>Engi

Engineer Bio wrote:

The Engineer

This amiable, soft-spoken good ol' boy from tiny Bee Cave, Texas loves barbeque, guns, and higher education. Natural curiosity, ten years as a roughneck in the west Texas oilfields, and eleven hard science PhDs have trained him to design, build and repair a variety of deadly contraptions.
I think the Engineer wins.

Edit: Oh btw sorry i'm not deliberately trying to argue with everything you say. It's starting to look like that . Just bringing in alternate viewpoints
He was TRAINED by PhD's but the medic HAS one
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5797|Catherine Black
No, he has PhDs, which enable him to build the turrets..
You can't be trained by a PhD. A PhD is not a teacher etc

God, l2english.

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479

Finray wrote:

God, l2english.

A PhD is a qualification that you own, I think the Engi bio is simply trying to state that he is ridiculously well-educated in just about every area of science that there is. The knowledge acquired during his PhD studies allows him to be a masterful engineer and inventor of sentries, dispensers etc.

Jesus how is that so complicated to understand.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5797|Catherine Black

Uzique wrote:

Finray wrote:

God, l2english.

A PhD is a qualification that you own, I think the Engi bio is simply trying to state that he is ridiculously well-educated in just about every area of science that there is. The knowledge acquired during his PhD studies allows him to be a masterful engineer and inventor of sentries, dispensers etc.

Jesus how is that so complicated to understand.
So tl;dr, what I said?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6477

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Stunlocking in my TF2?

I think leagues should remove the use of unlocks altogether to be honest.
I think a better move would be if instead of removing parts of the game, leagues remove themselves.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6279
Still no update .

It's getting late.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6477

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Still no update .

It's getting late.
Dude, it's only like 2:00 pm where Valve is.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6279
Yeah I know. I know there's plenty of time.

I'm just getting flashbacks of the Heavy Update where Monday came and went without an update, and they changed it to 'Monday-ish'.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6477
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6279
Yay community maps. And yay an arena one.

Can't actually see the page though its loading so slow. I just know them from their names.
Kez
+778|5712|London, UK
Meh. Maps.

Well, thats the worst one out of the way.

That leaves the unlocks, the achievements and a 'Meet the..' Video?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6279
And the official map and game mode.....

Assuming both are done.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-02-18 14:15:18)

Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6477
I get the feeling the shit will go down as such:

Tomorrow: Sawn-Off replacement
Friday: Achievables and Mauser replacement
Monday: Official map
Tuesday: Vid.

In other news rapid fans have DoS'd the site.

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2009-02-18 14:18:09)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6279
Why do you keep calling it a Mauser?

https://world.guns.ru/handguns/mauser_c96_bolo.jpg

?

And yeah I hope we get unlock info before more map info too. Although i'd prefer having the meet the Team video before anything else. Give me something to watch over and over again while i'm waiting for news .
Kez
+778|5712|London, UK

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

And the official map and game mode.....

Assuming both are done.
Oh yeah.

Meh, hopefully the Official map ties in with the new Game Mode..

A mauser lmfao Docta you plank

Last edited by Kptk92 :D (2009-02-18 14:20:32)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard