GR34
+215|6545|ALBERTA> CANADA

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

GR34 wrote:

linux? try?
how would that help when I can't even get in BIOS
oh sorry dident see the pary about bios I was saying maybe its some thing with xp and not with the computer
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6414|Finland

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

goddamnit... the pc failed to post at my brothers place and now that I dragged it to my place, it booted just fine : O 

time to get the mobo out in the open....
when the POST freezes, if you leave it for some time, or reset it, do you then, after a while, hear the HDD spin up?
it freezes before detecting cpu and the drives. but now it doesn't freeze at all it boots just fine. I checked the caps and they are all right. I'll do more testing tomorrow but so far the issue has been completely random....

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2009-02-24 15:56:21)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

goddamnit... the pc failed to post at my brothers place and now that I dragged it to my place, it booted just fine : O 

time to get the mobo out in the open....
when the POST freezes, if you leave it for some time, or reset it, do you then, after a while, hear the HDD spin up?
it freezes before detecting cpu and the drives. but now it doesn't freeze at all it boots just fine. I checked the caps and they are all right. I'll do more testing tomorrow but so far the issue has been completely random....
The reason I ask is that's what my spare P4 build does occasionally, but not all the time - it'll get as far as the logo screen and just sit there - sometime the HDD will spin up and it'll just continue, sometime the HDD spins up and I have to reset to get it continue and sometimes the HDD doesn't spin up and I have to switch off and try again later - and I've no idea why - and I've had other issues with stuff randomly not working properly on it (but the PSU checks out OK) - your symptoms sound kinda similar...

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2009-02-24 16:05:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard