moshi01
+1|5561
Hey all,
I just got promoted to Corporal, and am having trouble deciding what unlock to pick.  I am stuck between the M95 and G3.  I will say I am not very good at sniping.  Will this M95 help with my sniping issues?  Is it worth it if I am not good at sniping? 
Thanks!
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5995|Aberdeen, Scotland
M95 is probably harder  to use, as the crosshairs are much thicker...the only 'good' thing about it is the ability to nail pilots out of helis through cockpit glass, although most people just use this to TK!

I've never liked the M95. Also, although it does do more damage against armoured infantry, you still need a headshot to take them out in 1 shot (assuming they are at full health).

Best way to choose unlocks is to take other people's kits and try them for yourself
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6350|West NY
If you've played Special Forces and get 2 unlocks per rank, unlock the m95 THEN the L96A1 (Second Sniper) if you plan on building up your sniping skill, the m95 has fat crosshairs you won't want to use compared to the L96A1's thin crosshairs and identical damage. Take the G3 if you're looking for a powerful assault rifle. It's a tad inaccurate compared to other assault rifles but you only need to shoot a target 2-3 ( /4 ?) times to the chest usually to drop them, making a great spraying weapon at close range. Remember to use your iron sights, though. Also consider getting the PKM, it's like a sniper rifle. Strangely the bullet path unrealistically jumps off target like any other light machine gun in the game but if you go prone, pull up your iron sights, fire once then wait a second then fire again you can snipe people from very far distances.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5991
Be pro and use stock weapons, you'll get better at the game.
MrAnderson

Noobpatty wrote:

pull up your iron sights, fire once then wait a second then fire again
Going semi-auto is always best, with rifles...esp. the m16, for some reason m16 bursts are useless compared to semi

Just get used to clicking fast while maintaining steady aim...works for pistols too.
Longbow
+163|6642|Odessa, Ukraine

MrAnderson wrote:

m16 bursts are useless compared to semi
Thats just you, not M16 bursts..
andy12
Banned
+52|6653

Hakei wrote:

Pretending to be pro because you use the same 2 weapons every round got old like 2 years ago.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6190|Schofield Barracks
M95 ftw.
MrAnderson

Longbow wrote:

MrAnderson wrote:

m16 bursts are useless compared to semi
Thats just you, not M16 bursts..
Well maybe, but I seem to be able to get far more reliable hits with semi rather than bursts, unless staying totally still while firing...
Hakei
Banned
+295|5991

andy12 wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Pretending to be pro because you use the same 2 weapons every round got old like 2 years ago.
Ahk, well if he doesn't like it he can just spam the E and rely on instant prone to carry him.
andy12
Banned
+52|6653

Hakei wrote:

andy12 wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Ahk, well if he doesn't like it he can just spam the E and rely on instant prone to carry him.
Or he could just use whatever weapons he feels like. Ya know, for fun?
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6459|cuntshitlake

andy12 wrote:

Hakei wrote:

andy12 wrote:

I have more fun with the game the better I get tbh.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Hakei
Banned
+295|5991

andy12 wrote:

Hakei wrote:

andy12 wrote:

I find more fun in using a weapon that doesn't require me to just hold my finger down to win - so much for letting him do what he feels like, I was simply giving him a suggestion as to how he could play - hardly forcing my close minded opinion down his throat.
andy12
Banned
+52|6653

Hakei wrote:

andy12 wrote:

Hakei wrote:

I find more fun in using a weapon that doesn't require me to just hold my finger down to win - so much for letting him do what he feels like, I was simply giving him a suggestion as to how he could play - hardly forcing my close minded opinion down his throat.
Well it's a thread on unlock advice, I don't think he was looking for "None, use the generic Ak101/M16" comment. Meh, see poker thread, I backed you up James.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6449|The Twilight Zone

DeathUnlimited wrote:

andy12 wrote:

Hakei wrote:

So you having no fun DU?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6195|Daqing Oilfields?

andy12 wrote:

Hakei wrote:

andy12 wrote:

Well it's a thread on unlock advice, I don't think he was looking for "None, use the generic Ak101/M16" comment. Meh, see poker thread, I backed you up James.
He's right, the fact that he mentioned getting better at all opened the door to a comment like Hakei's. No reason to go emo about it.
andy12
Banned
+52|6653

Miniman7474 wrote:

andy12 wrote:

Hakei wrote:

He's right, the fact that he mentioned getting better at all opened the door to a comment like Hakei's. No reason to go emo about it.
wat
Hakei
Banned
+295|5991

andy12 wrote:

Miniman7474 wrote:

andy12 wrote:

wat

moshi01 wrote:

I will say I am not very good at sniping.  Will this M95 help with my sniping issues?  Is it worth it if I am not good at sniping?
The guy said that he wasn't very good at sniping. Now either you can refute the fact that it hints at wanting to improve because those wasn't the exact words he said, or you can accept that my advice was based simply on him implying he wanted to get better at sniping (which - I also figured would be other aspects of the game, too (You can refute this again if you'd like))

If he'd said "I want to know which unlock to use, I don't care about getting good I just want to kill loads of noobs!" I'd have said the L85 and then the E." Miniman7474 was simply saying that I said what I said because he seemed to actually want to improve, not just run in and get as many kills as possible.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6459|cuntshitlake

.Sup wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

andy12 wrote:

So you having no fun DU?
Yeah feeling worse every time I play
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
DrunkenPirate
Rum Baron
+44|6689|Norfolk, England

All of the unlocks suck in my opinion,  use the stock guns and learn them.
These unlocks aren't better guns,  they are just alternatives.

DP, using M16's for the last 250,000 points.
Rs_Dragongod
+2|6263

DrunkenPirate wrote:

No, they don't suck.  They just require changing your playing style to fit different weapon strengths
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6195|Daqing Oilfields?

Rs_Dragongod wrote:

DrunkenPirate wrote:

No, they don't suck.  They just require changing your playing style to fit different weapon strengths
Yeah basically you don't have to have skill to use them.
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5590|Dublin, Ireland
Uninstalling BF2 and snapping the disk normally solves the problem for people who confused about unlocks.

<3 ~ Irish

Last edited by Oisín | Irishpride (2009-02-18 16:54:10)

andy12
Banned
+52|6653

Miniman7474 wrote:

Rs_Dragongod wrote:

DrunkenPirate wrote:

Yeah basically you don't have to have skill to use them.
And it takes a massive amount amount mental skill and cunning to use the same weapon and get good at it? STFU, people can use what guns they want. Some of the unlocks are worse than then stock shit anyway
Rs_Dragongod
+2|6263
So using the m9 or l96 when my stock is an SVD means I have less skill?

I love the SVD but theres just some situations when its not as useful as a bolt action.

Last edited by Rs_Dragongod (2009-02-18 16:59:55)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard