Roachy
+0|6697|University of Illinois
After about a whole boring Sunday of referencing the bejeezus out of tehsig.com, and also of frustration with it's MySQL crashing problems, I've emerged from the tons of tutorial and code pages, and I've emerged victorious.

My first sig. An extremely compact, but still very useful 600x100 image. All of the core stats carefully and lovingly packed into a small very personalized forum signature image. :]

Viola!

https://img.tehsig.com/usr_26771/tpl_0/image.jpg

What do you think?
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6784
why the name ?
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6758|New Hampshire
Coudn't you have just...you know...responded to a thread to see what it was instead of wasting a post?
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6784
TehSeraphim - whats your secret for winning loads more rounds than loosing?
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6758
Team switching i would surspect
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6784
yeah my thoughts exactly!

cheater cheater onion eater!
Roachy
This topic was simply to see what others thought. Wasting a post is posting in a topic just to be a dick.

Btw, nice default sig.

Last edited by Roachy (2006-01-30 15:12:30)

Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6735
yes... how do you keep your win/loss ratio so high? *whistles inconspicuously*
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6882|-
Back on topic please.
Ryan
+1,230|6877|Alberta, Canada

We are here to give him suggestion or compliments on his sig that he worked hard on, dont start calling hima c heater, maybe he just wins more than you guys.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6727
nice sig. A little flashy for my taste, but still good.
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6758|New Hampshire
As for the sig - it hurts my eyes lol - how the hell'd you do that anyway?
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6784
erm Ryan can you read?

i wasnt directing the cheating coment to the guy who made the post. maybe you should read before posting on this forum eh?

But again, why the name Roach?
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6787
This reminds me, many forums have a running "test" thread, where people can post their first, uhh, post.  Or check out posting their first picture, their sig, fiddle around with how a link looks, etc.
I know there is a "preview" button sometimes, like when you hit "post a reply" or "quote" someone, but a "test" thread works elsewhere also.

Oh, and so Trigger doesn't bonk me... ...as for Roachy's sig, I don't know anything about them, or how to make them.  But it seems you'll be wasting a lot of (our) bandwidth loading the greyed out things like Golden Scimitar and Navy Cross when you have 30 hours in the game so far.  Can't you make a sig showing on the things you've earned, or spare us the pics of things you haven't?
Roachy
theDude: I dunno, the name has been around since high school. Just one of those things. I think it was originally something that was a funny parody of a non-existent person super pot-head. However since then I've found it easier to adopt the insect as a logo, plus it makes for more fun in-game shit talking (i.e. "Damnit, I'm gonna stomp on you roach", or "Haha roaches can live through anything.")

everyone: the person with the kick-ass W/L ratio is not me (the original poster), but Seraphim. And there's no reason to believe that he's a dishonest player just because he has a nice looking W/L, especially when the War College Ribbon requires a 3:1 and his is only 2.3:1.

Rick_O_Shea: I seriously doubt that having the extra medals which I haven't acquired yet on the sig is detrimental in any way to the bandwidth. First of all its no different than if I did have them (same number of pics). And that's even if they were all separate pics. You see tehsig.com auto-compiles all the coded info for sig into one straight jpg for external download, so all the processing is done on tehsig.com's servers, and my sig is merely a single remote image. The only way it could make the page slower for viewing to you is if it were a heavier file-type (i.e. bmp) or if it were larger. And if you'll recall, my sig is probably the smallest around.

Also it seems like people are obsessed with shunning new topics. I mean seriously, what's to stop me from making a new topic when I feel like it? I just wanted some conversation in a thread of my own!

Oh well, anyway, I know the sig looks a bit flashy and bright, but the cool thing about it is that I can simply change the bg image to something darker (i was thinking maybe a 3d metallic plaque kind of thing) and the rest will stay intact.

Last edited by Roachy (2006-01-30 22:32:48)

Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6762|Madrid, Spain
I think your sig is buggy ..... ROFL
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6731|Germany
My sig is not hard work,but the achievement on it is(or just pure luck)....
Roachy
Lol, nice Blindfisch. That's really kick-ass.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6773|Toronto | Canada

testing sig

Edit: Yay it worked!!

Last edited by Winston_Churchill (2006-01-31 11:27:16)

M|STJimBob
+5|6651|Hayward,Ca.
test

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard