Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5784|Catherine Black

Peter wrote:

Are you beating him on story missions? Or just random challenges?

Edit: had a look. Wow, you actually beat one or two of his story scores.

Edit2:

Finray wrote:

Check this guys channel, he has awesome tactics on every level.
Oh, We decided taking paths from youtube videos was pretty much cheating
I didn't copy them exactly, he uses primarily gun towers, which I found much less efficent than my own strategies.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6527|Boston, MA
Are you guys even getting any golds? I got one gold so far and it was the level where they enter from the lower left, leave from the upper left, and the cores are in the top right where you can put a tower almost anywhere. Even then, I just barely saved the power cores a couple times.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

Are you guys even getting any golds? I got one gold so far and it was the level where they enter from the lower left, leave from the upper left, and the cores are in the top right where you can put a tower almost anywhere. Even then, I just barely saved the power cores a couple times.
I've got all golds.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Yoda I owned your score on Standing Order by about 2k
Using my own strat.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6431
Is it just me or is gun turret spam far too viable?
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6398|dm_maidenhead
@frankie I have all golds on story
@ swinub yeah pretty much
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6266
Yeah thats my only complaint really, Gun towers are too good, too all-purpose, too cheap.

@frankie Golds are easy enough to get on the 2nd run through the levels. Just keep using backspace until you can finish the level with all the cores .

@Finray, now i'm back from my weekend away i'm going to start attacking your scores
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6266
Ok i'm back in 1st on Focal Point . Now to try the others.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6661|NT, like Mick Dundee

My bro has this. Pretty good timewaster.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Ok i'm back in 1st on Focal Point . Now to try the others.
Damnit.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6527|Boston, MA

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

@frankie Golds are easy enough to get on the 2nd run through the levels. Just keep using backspace until you can finish the level with all the cores .
Ahh, that's how everybody's doing it, cheaters!!!
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6398|dm_maidenhead

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Ahh, that's how everybody's doing it, cheaters!!!
You didn't know about the backspace? D:
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6431
About command towers. Do they give a 25% boost in resources from dead enemies killed in the radius or the whole map? Is it worth having more than one command tower (bar for stealth detection)?
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6527|Boston, MA
I knew about it, I just never used it because I feel like it's kind of lame, I always go from the start until the finish, whether I win or lose.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Fat_Swinub wrote:

About command towers. Do they give a 25% boost in resources from dead enemies killed in the radius or the whole map? Is it worth having more than one command tower (bar for stealth detection)?
Only get resources within range.

Protip: Concentrate your firepower on one area, and upgrade those towers. You'll only need one command tower then, as that's where most if not all of the aliens will die.

Upgrade the tower to level 3, you'll get 45% more resources instead of just 25%.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6266
Yeah command towers are really good to have in your main kill zones. And I sometimes build them as 'spotters' for Meteor and Cannon towers for when there are a lot of stealth units.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Yeah command towers are really good to have in your main kill zones. And I sometimes build them as 'spotters' for Meteor and Cannon towers for when there are a lot of stealth units.
Fuckin' YEAAAAAAA beat your score on Focal Point by a good 1.5k

EAT ITTTTTTTTTTTTT

EDIT: I think that's my first sub-200 score. o.O

Last edited by Finray (2009-05-11 09:45:34)

FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6527|Boston, MA
Quick question - Does the laser recharge every wave or do you only get it once a stage? How often can you use it?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6266
You have as many lasers as you can fit in to the level. I don't know how long the charge is and unfortunately there's no visual indicator of how long you have to wait for it to charge. Echo (the dev that used to post on the steam forums) has it on his list of things to look at when they're finished with the Xbox version.

But yeah the charge takes a while but you can use it multiple times.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

You have as many lasers as you can fit in to the level. I don't know how long the charge is and unfortunately there's no visual indicator of how long you have to wait for it to charge. Echo (the dev that used to post on the steam forums) has it on his list of things to look at when they're finished with the Xbox version.

But yeah the charge takes a while but you can use it multiple times.
It's gay though

No resources = flail.

I think it takes about a minute, give or take, to load.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6266
Yeah thats why I use it as an absolute last resort, or sometimes if there's a large group of enemies at the core early on and i want to keep the cores there to stop them being spread throughout the level.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6571|London
Decent game. Just clocked it, mostly golds and I think I used the laser once in the whole game. Just wasn't really needed.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6266

Finray wrote:

Fuckin' YEAAAAAAA beat your score on Focal Point by a good 1.5k

EAT ITTTTTTTTTTTTT

EDIT: I think that's my first sub-200 score. o.O
And i've beaten yours. Only by about 60 points this time though so it should be easy enough to beat again. You're rank 116 and my new score is 112.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6431
Anyone care to share tips with me for early game typically when you have an open ended level? Usually I just put an inferno by the start and scatter a few gun turrets around trying to block/shape paths.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6266
Depends on the level. If possible I always find a way to get the aliens to go past a specific part two or more times to maximise the killing power of the turrets there.

Which level do you have in mind, if any?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard