Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

Sydney wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Sydney wrote:

My ipod has wifi
Yes. They showed up very late with wifi.

Does you ipod automatically sync your podcast whenever you get near a mcdonalds or any wifi hotspot?
I've never used podcasts, in fact I'm not even quite sure what the hell podcasts are other than some sort of internet radio show perhaps?

Also, usually the only two places I connect to wifi is at home or at school.
It's fresh updated content for whatever you like. Mine revolves mostly around tech, photography, and space.

How well does your FM tuner work? Can you tag songs over broadcast radio and then have them automatically download to your device when you connect to itunes/marketplace?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
JoshP
Banned
+176|5706|Notts, UK

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Peter wrote:

Lol 2.5 inch. iPod has got you beat there. 3.5 is especially as I watch quite a lot of films.
My player costs 1/3 of the Touch. It's mainly an audio player, the video and picture features are merely extras.

JoshP wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

compared to this from Apple...
http://images.apple.com/ca/ipodclassic/ … 080909.jpg

I think Freezer wins. Specially when talking about batteries.
Except he only has 5 albums so he doesn't really need long battery life

lolol
Sigh. If you do know where I can find music that I like in some kind of quality, do share.
http://what.cd
and waffles
l2internet tbh

Last edited by JoshP (2009-02-08 17:05:00)

Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6419|dm_maidenhead
Well for me the video features were major. If I just wanted audio I would have stayed with my red 2G nano.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6169|what

Peter wrote:

Well for me the video features were major. If I just wanted audio I would have stayed with my red 2G nano.
For me it was the capacity + video features.

120gb is enough of space for videos and all of my 40gb+ worth of music. And I've found free converters that rip from dvd to ipod mp4 format which is perfect.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6487

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Peter wrote:

Lol 2.5 inch. iPod has got you beat there. 3.5 is especially as I watch quite a lot of films.
My player costs 1/3 of the Touch. It's mainly an audio player, the video and picture features are merely extras.

JoshP wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

compared to this from Apple...
http://images.apple.com/ca/ipodclassic/ … 080909.jpg

I think Freezer wins. Specially when talking about batteries.

lolol
Sigh. If you do know where I can find music that I like in some kind of quality, do share.
I told you in the other thread: Waffles/What.cd. What sorta lame-ass excuse is that? You can't find music up to your quality standards so you only have 5 albums? How about a goddamned record store?

Last edited by Uzique (2009-02-08 17:14:13)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6169|what

Freezer has 5 albums and has his ipod play over 2 days straight.

Repeat much?
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6214|Winland

Uzique wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Peter wrote:

JoshP wrote:

lolol
I told you in the other thread: Waffles/What.cd. What sorta lame-ass excuse is that? You can't find music up to your quality standards so you only have 5 albums? How about a goddamned record store?
Now get me into one of those.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Repeat much?
Does the ipod have something similar to the Zune social? Where you can see what your friends have been playing?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6419|dm_maidenhead

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Peter wrote:

For me it was the capacity + video features.

120gb is enough of space for videos and all of my 40gb+ worth of music. And I've found free converters that rip from dvd to ipod mp4 format which is perfect.
Yeah I found those 'free' converters too
JoshP
Banned
+176|5706|Notts, UK

What.cd rulez wrote:

Trading, selling or offering invites in public is strictly prohibited, and will get you permanently banned.
I quite like my What.cd account, so, nope

Plus if you're going to be all pretentious and faux-elitist, you're not going to get an invite to a private tracker particularly easily....
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6487

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Now get me into one of those.
Still not an excuse though is it, the local music shop will let you "get in" any day of the week from 8am until 6pm. Go go go. There is no excuse to limit your collection to 5 pristinely-perfect FLAC albums, on the basis that you cannot find anymore. You can even get FLAC rips on popular file-sharing sites, ffs.

... To echo my sentiments on this silly 'debate' from the other thread: I simply do not care. Digital media is all pretty trash compared to other analogue forms- so I do not gripe much over quality or codec-support and whatnot; even with the top-end audio hardware and using earphones worth as much as an iPod I still see very little difference between codecs and audio quality on the mainstream mp3 players. As for space, another null argument- most modern digital music enthusiasts have more music than any of the big players currently accommodate for, thus it is an irrelevant criteria. As for all the extra-additional Wifi, radio, internet, toilet-flusher, pregnancy tester etc.etc. ad infinitum/ad absurdum crap... who cares? I want something that slips in my pocket and plays an album whilst I'm walking along. People that fuss over the auxiliary features of an mp3 player grate on me in the same way that people argue about which mobile phone is better based on how many useless gadget-faggit stuff they tack along with it.

So, in short, I will deal with my widely-supported and perfectly acceptable-quality iPod until the next mp3 Messiah comes along. I don't care about the alternatives or the competitors, let me know when one of them releases a 250-500Gb player with sound support / compression settings that actually leave me saying "Wow, this mp3 player malarky is almost a full substitute for ye olde Walkman".
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6169|what

Kmarion wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Repeat much?
Does the ipod have something similar to the Zune social? Where you can see what your friends have been playing?
He doesnt have any friends, he lives inside a closed off room surrounded by dead and dying components trying to bring them back to life by exchanging old parts for slightly less old parts in the middle of a frozen lake like a Dr. Frankenstein eating ice cones alone without an Igor.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

Uzique wrote:

. As for all the extra-additional Wifi, radio, internet, toilet-flusher, pregnancy tester etc.etc. ad infinitum/ad absurdum crap... who cares? I want something that slips in my pocket and plays an album whilst I'm walking along. People that fuss over the auxiliary features of an mp3 player grate on me in the same way that people argue about which mobile phone is better based on how many useless gadget-faggit stuff they tack along with it.
To each is own Uzique. Some of use wifi (wireless sync), tuners, etc. We also have something that slips in our pocket and plays an album whilst we walk along.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Repeat much?
He doesnt have any friends, he lives inside a closed off room surrounded by dead and dying components trying to bring them back to life by exchanging old parts for slightly less old parts in the middle of a frozen lake like a Dr. Frankenstein eating ice cones alone without an Igor.
I would just be curious.. given the conversation.

There is only one problem for me. My daughter gets a hold of my zune and plays what little girls would play given the opportunity. So my friends harass me when they see some of my recent plays..lol

The favs are mine though.
https://i44.tinypic.com/nqscq0.jpg
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6592|London

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Repeat much?
you hear that? that's the sound of freezer's soul dieing. good job reaper, good job
JoshP
Banned
+176|5706|Notts, UK

Kmarion wrote:

There is only one problem for me. My daughter gets a hold of my zune and plays what little girls would play given the opportunity. So my friends harass me when they see some of my recent plays..lol

Hahaha
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6214|Winland

Aries_37 wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

you hear that? that's the sound of freezer's soul dieing. good job reaper, good job
Not really, I've said that at least 20 times myself.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

JoshP wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Hahaha
Try explaining to a bunch of guys why you have played Justin Timberlake 197 times..lol.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6592|London

Kmarion wrote:

JoshP wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Hahaha
Try explaining to a bunch of guys why you have played Justin Timberlake 197 times..lol.
such lies, but it's ok we won't judge you like they do

Spoiler (highlight to read):
but timberlake?? honestly, man
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

Aries_37 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

JoshP wrote:

Hahaha

Predictable.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6195|Wisconsin

Sydney wrote:

1st gen 32GB Touch here.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6724|67.222.138.85

Kmarion wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Predictable.
That's what she said, to you, because you are boring.
Overdose
+13|6131|Fort Worth, TX

max wrote:

80GB Gen5.5

I hate the damn thing but it was the only player with loads of space at the time

I want drag & drop and loads of codec support
i have the 30GB gen5.5 and i got rockbox. Its awsome it plays all my flac files for me, but it doesn't have good video support.
rockbox.org
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

Predictable.
That's what she said, to you, because you are boring.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
JoshP
Banned
+176|5706|Notts, UK

Overdose wrote:

max wrote:

80GB Gen5.5

I hate the damn thing but it was the only player with loads of space at the time

I want drag & drop and loads of codec support
i have the 30GB gen5.5 and i got rockbox. Its awsome it plays all my flac files for me, but it doesn't have good video support.
rockbox.org
Ooh, imma try this on my 1st gen nano (only one of the headphone channels works, so I use it as an alarm clock, lulz)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard