Becket
+2|6187
The official «Battlefield 1942» trailer
(Click the videowindow for HD-quality options)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Lwuyf1gRk[/youtube]
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

theDude5B wrote:

Sidsnot wrote:

Looks too much like heroes.
hmm.... was hoping for something a bit more realistic.
Then play ArmA2. Battlefield ain't it.
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Then play ArmA2. Battlefield ain't it.
Battlefield shouldnt be alike TF2 either.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6288|eng
If it's based on the Frostbite engine we're all fucked cos it's a shit engine
#rekt
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6465|cuntshitlake

Mint Sauce wrote:

It is and if this is not BF3, BF3 will be based on frostbite too.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6644|can

Mint Sauce wrote:

Anything is an improvement over bf2's engine...
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
I don't get why this thread is more popular than the BF BC 2 thread. Technically, that's supposed to be the game everyone is talking about. This game, is more like a mini game. Yet most people seem to be more interested in this, that DICE guy even talked about how BC2 will be bigger etc.. and on the PC, yet most people still prefer to talk about this. I guess it's easier to complain about this game hence it has more posts. Some of you guys, really are bitches.

This is not BF3, it was never supposed to be BF3. If anything, BF BC 2 will be more like BF3. But I think some of you are abit too much of a retard to even know that (that or, you don't even know about BF:BC 2) - Again, showing your level of retardedness.

Frostbite, it really ain't shit. Especially compaired to BF2's engine. I mean considering what it can pull off on low RAM consoles like the PS3/360. It'd probably be able to do alot on a PC

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-02-06 04:44:34)

venom6
Since day One.
+247|6560|Hungary
Looks very nice, but 24 players online? Yeah that sux...

Why dont they gain it to the typical 64 players or more for like 74 players? I really hope they will add more maps like Africa and Europe!
No wait they will relase booster packs with a few maps? No thx!
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6225|Escea

Mekstizzle wrote:

I don't get why this thread is more popular than the BF BC 2 thread. Technically, that's supposed to be the game everyone is talking about. This game, is more like a mini game. Yet most people seem to be more interested in this, that DICE guy even talked about how BC2 will be bigger etc.. and on the PC, yet most people still prefer to talk about this. I guess it's easier to complain about this game hence it has more posts. Some of you guys, really are bitches.

This is not BF3, it was never supposed to be BF3. If anything, BF BC 2 will be more like BF3. But I think some of you are abit too much of a retard to even know that (that or, you don't even know about BF:BC 2) - Again, showing your level of retardedness.

Frostbite, it really ain't shit. Especially compaired to BF2's engine. I mean considering what it can pull off on low RAM consoles like the PS3/360. It'd probably be able to do alot on a PC
I think its because BFBC 2 is due next year, and this is supposed to come out in the summer I think. Only seen one screenie of BFBC 2 at the moment, that snowy one on the site.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6225|Escea

Download only eh? Unless I get hooked to PSN, computer for me. How much does Braid cost anyone know?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
Tbh I know people knock the 12 vs 12 aka 24 player gameplay but when I've played BF:BC it's always seemed like I was in the action moreso than even BF2 at times, probably cos more of the maps are urban types and the fact that they're also probably abit better laid out for more concentrated action. Dunno how this will translate to Wake Island for 1943 but we'll see, like I said before, chances of it being more than 24 on PC is quite high
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone

Mekstizzle wrote:

Maybe because 1942 was awesome and theres still a large number of people who would love to see a remake done, while BC sucked and no one gives a shit about it and couldn't care less about a sequel?

IDK, maybe thats just me.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
http://kotaku.com/5148080/battlefield-1 … ed-upgrade

Kotaku preview.

They say it's gonna be around $15-20, there are 3 classes, and there's unlimited ammo.

...sounds fun.
Stimey
­
+786|6122|Ontario | Canada
Also, players have auto-health and unlimited ammo.
­
­
­
­
­
­
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone
players have auto-health
WTF is 'auto-health'. Sounds like console gayness if you ask me.

they wanted every class to be able to fight in every situation. Every class has weapons to fight against the biggest tanks and armor.
Sigh, wheres the variety, risk and reward and teamwork aspect in this.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Every new bit of info about this game just ruins it just that little bit more

Last edited by DrunkFace (2009-02-06 09:41:41)

TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6644|can
Thank you console faggots.
Sidsnot
Banned
+93|5564|Stoke, England

Stimey wrote:

unlimited ammo.

wtf...
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6225|Escea

TrashBlinD wrote:

lol hate
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
Apparentely they want it to be a "pick up and play casual game".

No wonder.
Stimey
­
+786|6122|Ontario | Canada

Poseidon wrote:

Apparentely they want it to be a "pick up and play casual game".

No wonder.
Thats whats making all the money nowadays.
Unfortunately.
­
­
­
­
­
­
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum

TrashBlinD wrote:

If it's anything like BF2, it'll be quite different on consoles.

EA/DICE do make a distinction between their PC and Console games
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6350|Belfast

Sidsnot wrote:

Stimey wrote:

unlimited ammo.

wtf...

thank god that this is download only

BC2 all the way
andy12
Banned
+52|6659

M.O.A.B wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

lol hate
What can you expect on a PC game forum...
masterbakery
+4|6001|London
What a pile of console shite.

Once again EA continues to drive Dice into the dirt.

This is just taking Heroes, a decent free idea, and trying to plough more money into the machine.
And it's probably why they're taking so long on that game. 

24 players?  Cartoon graphics again?

Is this what the BF2 community wants?
No.  It's what the 11 year old PS3 crowd wants.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard