Ryan
+1,230|6841|Alberta, Canada

I played the demo on Xbox. I got 13 kills, 4 deaths, then my trial ran out. Fuck that.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5482|Bolingbrook, Illinois
Battlefield 1943 Weapons in Bad Company 2?
The Battlefield 1943 twitter dropped a small hint today about the weapons you can use in Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Think you're a Bad Ass with BF1943 weapons? What if I said you'll be able to use your Semi-Auto Rifle, Sniper Rifle, or SMG in BFBC2!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BF1943 Twitter
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6106|Birmingham, UK

sexecuti0ner wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

Has anyone got this on PS3 here?
My PSN is ShortRnd, what's yours?

SonderKommando wrote:

I have it on PS3
PSN: Sonder752
added
I'm "razorandy" i'll add you when i next go on

And Sonder i tried to add you but it said your name doesn't exist

Nintendogamer wrote:

got it today, i am horrendous at flying the planes, managed to crash taking off. but its a great game.
I was like that at first too but then i got the hang of it
specops10-4
+108|6741|In the hills
I just got it this morning for my PS3 but it keeps telling me I can't connect to EA server.  Anyone else have this problem / know how to fix it?  Looks awesome

Last edited by specops10-4 (2009-07-22 09:28:51)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6268
I really enjoyed the trial on the 360. It was far more fun than Bad Company's terrible multiplayer.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6658|The darkside of Denver

SEREVENT wrote:

sexecuti0ner wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

Has anyone got this on PS3 here?
My PSN is ShortRnd, what's yours?

SonderKommando wrote:

I have it on PS3
PSN: Sonder752
added
I'm "razorandy" i'll add you when i next go on

And Sonder i tried to add you but it said your name doesn't exist

Nintendogamer wrote:

got it today, i am horrendous at flying the planes, managed to crash taking off. but its a great game.
I was like that at first too but then i got the hang of it
my bad. PSN is Sonder75 no 2... I will add u fellow ps3 users after uni tonight!
HaiBai
Battlefield 1943 Theme Music
Community member Norm360 recorded the Battlefield 1943 theme music and converted it to MP3 for download. Now you can put it on your iPod and even make a ringtone out of it!

Download Theme
HaiBai
Battlefield 1943 Shatters Sales Records
EA DICE announced today Battlefield 1943 has sold over 600,000 copies on both Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 making it the fastest selling day one and week one game on each console.

EA’s Battlefield 1943 Shatters Sales Records for Download-Only Games

Becomes Fastest Selling Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation Network (Download-Only) Game

STOCKHOLM - DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) studio, today announced that Battlefield 1943™ is the fastest selling day one and week one download-only game worldwide on Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace. It is also the fastest selling day one and week one download-only game on the PlayStation®Network in North America. Overall since its launch on July 8th, Battlefield 1943 has sold over 600,000 copies on Xbox LIVE Marketplace and the PlayStation Network.

“We are honoured by the reception that the game has received so far,” says Gordon Van Dyke, Producer on Battlefield 1943. “Watching and participating in this non-stop multiplayer action has been a real treat for us and we can’t believe how fast our fans reached 43 million kills. We can now truly say that we have set a new standard for what can be done in the downloadable games category and gamers recognize the endless value that Battlefield 1943 provides for just $15.”

Battlefield 1943 is an award-winning First-Person Shooter multiplayer game that G4tv.com says is “…a steal. Great sound, great graphics, great fun, and great price.” IGN even says that “Battlefield 1943 is an impressive package that sets a new standard for digital titles.”

Battlefield 1943 is an all-new download-only multiplayer action game that brings DICE’s first-class WWII action to gamers. The game introduces two thrilling modes where 24 players can compete across four classic WWII Battlefield maps: Wake Island, Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima and Coral Sea. These maps are inspired by the award winning Battlefield 1942™ game, and have been redesigned and reengineered from the ground up using the DICE Frostbite™ engine allowing players to wreak havoc and destruction via land, sea or air.

After the worldwide community challenge officially began on Friday, July 10 at 19:43 CET, the Coral Sea map is now unlocked for both the Xbox LIVE and PlayStation communities. The Xbox LIVE community reached the goal of 43 million kills in just 5 days, with the PlayStation community hitting the mark in 8 days.

Battlefield 1943 is now available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace and the PlayStation Network for 1200 MS Points or $15. Gamers who already played the trial and their time expired can access the free 30-minute trial version again on both Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network as of July 18.

For more information on Battlefield 1943 please visit www.battlefield1943.com. Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/OfficialBF1943.

HaiBai
Battlefield 1943 and BC2 at Comic-Con
The Battlefield Blog posted some pictures from San Diego Comic-Con where fans can play Battlefield 1943 as well as Bad Company 2.

Hello from Comic-Con 2009 in sunny San Diego!

The team from EA DICE is all setup at the EA Gaming Lounge with 16 playable consoles of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and our latest hit, Battlefield 1943. We're running the same demo of BC2 that was available to press at E3, but this time it's open to everyone, free of charge! You don't even need a Comic-Con badge!

The reception here has been tremendous. Battlefield producer Gordon VanDyke flew all the way from the DICE office in Sweden to be here. Come see if his play lives up to his mouth! You can even score free Battlefield t-shirts and try out Dragon Age: Origins and Left 4 Dead 2!. You don't want to miss it.

And for those of you who still have yet to purchase the smash hit Battlefield 1943 from Xbox Live Arcade or the Playstation Network, be sure to take advantage of our limited-time, Comic-Con promotion. We're giving away free redeem codes for Battlefield 1943 if you pre-order Bad Company 2 from one of our on-site kiosks. That's a $15 value and will definitely help tide you over until Bad Company 2 drops in early 2010.

You can find the EA Gaming Lounge at the Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter Hotel, 401 K street, across from the convention hall. We're here from 2PM to 9PM Friday and Saturday and 12PM to 5PM on Sunday.

https://i29.tinypic.com/5vzrjc.jpg

https://i29.tinypic.com/15g32tf.jpg

BF Blog
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6658|The darkside of Denver
Damn, wish I could go.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6737|Toronto | Canada

Is it going to be released for PC at any point?

Oh, nvm read the site.  Autumn 2009
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51
Guys guys guys,

Should I get BF1943 for mah Ps3 or wait for the pc version? I can't decide
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466

RDMC wrote:

Guys guys guys,

Should I get BF1943 for mah Ps3 or wait for the pc version? I can't decide
DICE said that the PC version isn't going to be a direct port, but will have gameplay changes to meet PC expectations, so I'd wait for it.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6433
Anyone know where I can pre order or buy this except EA store? Just wanna know my options.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6128|Carnoustie MASSIF
I absolutely LOVE this game. Been playing it on my mate's PS3, and I think it's fantastic.

I love the maps, I love being able to fly a plane about with ease, I love the destructible scenery, I love the tanks, I think it's a fan-fucking-tastic game.

On the other hand, there are a few problems with the rendering, sometimes doesn't always show up. Also, not being allowed to snipe players on the enemy carrier! What's that about.

On the whole, brilliant game, well done EA.

9/10.
HaiBai
BF1943 Top Selling Downloadable Game for July
GamerBytes posted a list of the top downloadable games for July and Battlefield 1943 tops the charts on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3

https://i28.tinypic.com/iny4ag.png

https://i30.tinypic.com/330z9jr.png

(GamerBytes via Kotaku)
HaiBai
GC 2009: Battlefield 1943 Hits 1 Million
Also announced at Gamescom today was that Battlefield 1943 has passed 1 million downloads.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Battlefield 1943, DICE's downloadable shooter released earlier this summer on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, has passed 1 million downloads. We learned before that it was the fastest selling Live Arcade game back when it was over 600,000 copies, but it seems the game hasn't lost much momentum.

As an update to DICE's Battlefield 1942, 1943 is a more stripped down version with fewer maps, but still maintains that core gameplay elements of character classes and controllable vehicles. It sells for $15 through Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IGN
HaiBai
Battlefield 1943 Pushed to 2010
In an interview with G4TV, Battlefield 1943 producer, Gordon Van Dyke broke the news that the game would be pushed back to early 2010. The good news is PC players will see support for DirectX 9 & 10, 32 player matches, VoIP, peripheral support, and ranked server hosting.

Thanks to all who sent this in.

G4: Why is Battlefield 1943 launching later on the PC? In retrospect, was this the right decision?

Dyke: We haven't released a Frostbite [DICE's game engine] built game on PC, so going into this project we lacked a starting foundation we had on Console. There are also many different and unique only challenges to the PC that has lead to us pushing the release even further to Q1 CY 2010 [early next year]. This was a hard pill to swallow, but it was absolutely needed to ensure the features and functionality that PC Players have come to expect from Battlefield on PC are not missing. Things like support for DirectX 9 and 10, higher player count (up to 32-player matches), wide peripheral support i.e. Joysticks for flying, VoIP, and ranked server provider hosting. So it was and still is the absolutely right decision, for quality sake, to not release until it is ready.

G4: Is it easier to gauge the success of Battlefield 1943 because people are paying for it vs. free-to-play Battlefield Heroes? Could this have worked as a free-to-play game?

Dyke: Both games are so different in their respective business models I don't think it is possible to compare them. However both are proving to be a success because of the amazing talent and leadership at DICE. Read the rest...

HaiBai
Gamescom Interview with Gordon Van Dyke
The guys at BF-Games.net had the chance to interview DICE Producer, Gordon Van Dyke at Gamescom last week. The interview touches on everything from the Battlefield 1943 delay to possibility of Bad Company 2 lan support.

BF-Games (Translated)
HaiBai
PAX 2009: BF1943 Producer Talks Lack of DLC
During Penny Arcade Expo this last weekend, Joystiq spoke with DICE producer Gordon Van Dyke about the lack of DLC.

We spoke with Battlefield 1943 producer Gordon Van Dyke at PAX and asked him why there hasn't been any DLC at all for the game so popular it crashed servers and broke sales records. The main reason? DICE is busy. Apparently it's working so hard on the next two Battlefield games that it doesn't have time to show BF1943 any extra love at all, which is a bit perplexing given the popularity of the title.

Gordon told us, "We don't have any immediate plans right now, but it's not ruled out. There's a lot of pressure on the team for Battlefield 3 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 ... we don't want to stretch things too thin and and make something that's not up to quality. Battlefield 1942 is a huge game with a lot that we can pull from. We just want to make sure we keep our options open, and make sure that the decision we land on is what's best for everyone. We don't want to be that company that pushes out DLC just for DLC's sake."

So it'd rather be the company that pushes out sequels just for sequels' sake? ZING! We kid, of course, but we'd still like to see more maps and modes come to Battlefield 1943 like ... yesterday. Hey, hire some interns already!

Joystiq
HaiBai
SLI Support in Battlefield 1943?
The guys on the EA UK Forums discovered, graphics card manufacturer, EVGA posted up a new SLI enhancement patch, which lists Battlefield 1943 as one of the supported games. In the past, DICE has worked with NVIDIA not only to support Battlefield games, but PhysX support in Mirror's Edge.

Battlefield 1943 for PC is scheduled to be released early 2010.

New Profiles from NVIDIA in 190.62 driver:

• Enables SLI support for Wolfenstien Multiplayer
  • Enables SLI support for Allods: Online
  • Enables SLI support for Battlefield 1943
  • Enables SLI support for BioShock 2: Sea of Dreams
  • Enables SLI support for Cities XL
  • Enables SLI support for Death to Spies: Moment of Truth
  • Enables SLI support for Empire: Time of Troubles
  • Enables SLI support for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
  • Enables SLI support for Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
  • Enables SLI support for Mini Ninjas
  • Enables SLI support for Risen
  • Enables SLI support for Saboteur
  • Enables SLI support for Star Wars Clone Wars: republic Heroes
  • Enables SLI support for Tales of Monkey Island

EVGA
HaiBai
Interview with Former DICE General Manager
GameIndustry.biz sat down with former DICE general manager, Sean Decker. The interview talks about his transition from DICE to EA Los Angeles and how the PC gaming platform is changing among other topics.

Q: How's business at EALA?

Sean Decker: It's good, very good - we have a lot of people working on a lot of great stuff, obviously Command & Conquer is what we're showing here [at Gamescom]. I've been at the studio all of four months now - I was the general manager at DICE, so I'm kind of figuring it out.

They've made great Command & Conquer games year after year, so for me I'm coming in half-way through a game, seeing where things are, which is fantastic.

Q: So why the move from DICE - was that something you wanted to do, or did the company suggest you'd be good in LA?

Sean Decker: It's pretty much both - my family's from the US and we lived in Sweden for six years. It was a long time, but the other thing is that my original role at EA was with Westwood, so Command & Conquer was the first franchise I'd ever worked on. Obviously I did shooters at DICE, and there are some other games there that fit with EALA's portfolio. Read the rest...

HaiBai
Battlefield 1943 PC Available for Pre-Order
The Battlefield 1943 twitter quietly announced you can now pre-order the game for PC on the EA Store for $14.99.

BF1943 coming to PC featuring 32 players, joystick support, server browser, & more PC goodness! Reserve your copy now at EAStore.com

EA Store
HaiBai
BFCast Episode 1 Released
A new Battlefield Podcast called BFCast released their first episode today, which features an interview with DICE Producer, Gordon Van Dyke speaking on a range of topics.

In this episode of BFCast, Brandon and Aaron interview Gordon E. Van Dyke, a DICE Producer working on Battlefield Bad Company 2. The questions focus primarily on Gordon’s past, such as how he got into the industry and how he got into DICE specifically, and also on his personal interests, such as his favorite Battlefield game and his favorite Battlefield moment. And of course some info related to the new Battlefield games. The interview was originally intended to last only twenty or thirty minutes, but ends up taking an hour, so be prepared for a long episode. One more thing is, we did have some technical difficulties with one of the recordings, so my voice is a bit weird in the intro and conclusion. So have a listen and give some good feedback! We would also like to thank DJ-Recoil from newgrounds for the Battlefield US Theme Remix.

Listen Here
HaiBai
BF1943 Nominated for Best Downloadable Game
Battlefield 1943 has been nominated as Best Downloadable Game of the year at the Spike Video Game Awards. If you would like to vote for Battlefield 1943 click the image below. Results will be announced on December 12 on Spike TV.

https://i49.tinypic.com/s638ll.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard