mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6662

So...? That's an example of good teamwork.

Tanks are not that imbalanced.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6507|so randum
UAV missile kills tanks quite well, as does 4 RPGs with tracer

unco-ordinated team loses to co-ordinated team non-shocker?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6582|London
RPGs seem pretty useless at range. They move at like half the speed of tank shells and accelerate downwards faster than they accelerate forward I've not noticed the tracer dart thing yet but I hope it comes out of a sniper rifle if it's going to be any good against a camping tank.

The problem isn't so much balance between teams. Both teams should get the same number of tanks. The problem is that tanks are so powerful that the team with the better tank crew will dominate the game even if the majority of the other team (the infantry) are better. Also I don't know what the map design on conquest is like but in rush the attacking team gets a huge advantage in terms of map layout and tank positioning due to the linear format and the fact that defending tanks need to stay near mcom stations to be effective.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6662

I seriously don't understand what you're arguing. The team with better teamwork wins while the team with worse teamwork loses? Umm.. yeah? So?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6674

Aries_37 wrote:

RPGs seem pretty useless at range. They move at like half the speed of tank shells and accelerate downwards faster than they accelerate forward I've not noticed the tracer dart thing yet but I hope it comes out of a sniper rifle if it's going to be any good against a camping tank.

The problem isn't so much balance between teams. Both teams should get the same number of tanks. The problem is that tanks are so powerful that the team with the better tank crew will dominate the game even if the majority of the other team (the infantry) are better. Also I don't know what the map design on conquest is like but in rush the attacking team gets a huge advantage in terms of map layout and tank positioning due to the linear format and the fact that defending tanks need to stay near mcom stations to be effective.
New to the game I guess.  While tanks are awesome with a competent team (repair + optics), there is not much you can do against a couple of mortar strikes hitting you one after the other.  Get a tracer dart on you, which any player can equip and shoot completely across the entire map), and a hail of RPG/CG will be coming your way.  And when I play sniper, I spot every vehicle that I can.

Aries_37 wrote:

So tanks are even more imbalanced in this than BF2.

Artillery being limited to the commander clearly wasn't putting enough random explosions on the map so all snipers get mortar strikes now.

I like how at level 1 you have absolutely nothing while high level players get like +25% damage and guns which are superior to yours in every way.

Where the hell is BF3
I created a new account a couple weeks ago.  I've already unlocked every Gadget.   Currently level 20.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6582|London
Well if tracer darts are effective they would go a long way to balancing things out.

Honestly it was kinda becoming mindless faceroll even though we only did it for a few rounds. Kinda like spawncamping Hotel on strike at karkand except you could do it on several maps and from much further away.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6293|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Aries_37 wrote:

I played some map where both team had 2 tanks.

We had 2 tanks sitting behind the crest of a hill like half a mile from their mcom stations raining shit on them for half the game while a couple of engineers farmed repair points off my tank. They literally could repair me faster than I could be damaged. No one is safe as buildings are destructable so you just level all the key buildings.

Short of parachuting onto me from above there was nothing anyone could do to stop me. After a few rounds the server died as their team gradually ragequit.
Yep..

If only they had two-three engineers working together to take you out... but people are dumb like that...

1 tracer + 3 engineers using it = dead tank
if you have anti-tracer (smoke) then they should use AT4

I can't see how a couple of engineers working together (tank driver + service men) are overpowered, because if the other team can't work together aswell, then of course you will win...

And as for the map you were playing, I think it's harvest Rush 1st cap..

The 1st cap should be easy and then gradually getting harder per base.... try taking on the 2nd or 3rd mcom on that level against decent engineers, I guarantee your tank will not make it there if spotted....

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-12-29 14:29:29)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6507|so randum
whats the map that culminates in some construction site over a bridge? really big bridge.

last 2 mcoms of that are fucking impossible
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FloppY_
­

FatherTed wrote:

whats the map that culminates in some construction site over a bridge? really big bridge.

last 2 mcoms of that are fucking impossible
Arica Harbour

And yes they are far from easy... If you haven't steamrolled up untill then, you are probably going to lose... I usually try to flank around the right which works very well, but if noone else does, you are fooked...
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6006|Vortex Ring State

Ilocano wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

New to the game I guess.  While tanks are awesome with a competent team (repair + optics), there is not much you can do against a couple of mortar strikes hitting you one after the other.  Get a tracer dart on you, which any player can equip and shoot completely across the entire map), and a hail of RPG/CG will be coming your way.  And when I play sniper, I spot every vehicle that I can.

Aries_37 wrote:

So tanks are even more imbalanced in this than BF2.

Artillery being limited to the commander clearly wasn't putting enough random explosions on the map so all snipers get mortar strikes now.

I like how at level 1 you have absolutely nothing while high level players get like +25% damage and guns which are superior to yours in every way.

Where the hell is BF3
I created a new account a couple weeks ago.  I've already unlocked every Gadget.   Currently level 20.
yeah that's why I think vehicles in general are UP, the magical ability of snipers to summon up explosions
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6674

What's magical about mortar strikes?  Could just as well be a spotter tagging a target for a Tomahawk.   

Tanks are just fine, if played right.  On Oasis, this random and I were completely dominating the defense.   Optics + constant spotting + effective cover + excellent repairing gunner = 30+ kill streak.  Only later in the map when we lacked sufficient cover did we get blown up.  With sufficient cover, mortars aren't that effective.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6507|so randum
i cant decide between optics and co-ax if im tanking around. optics helps for those long range tank v tank/building stuff i suppose but i find myself harrasing choppers and keeping snipers pissed off with the co-ax
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6361
is BF2 BC and BF2  BC VN out for PC ? and how about BF1943 ? I haven't been following real close so excuse me  !
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6674

FatherTed wrote:

i cant decide between optics and co-ax if im tanking around. optics helps for those long range tank v tank/building stuff i suppose but i find myself harrasing choppers and keeping snipers pissed off with the co-ax
Get a gunner, so you don't have to keep turning your tank.  Also useful to watch your back against those pesky C4 runs.

I actually go extra armor or that stronger round when defending.

BC-V tank flame throwers suck though.  Range needs to get extended like those in real life.  Takes forever to kill someone, and I often end up losing them in the fire/smoke.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5244|Cleveland, Ohio
ted has balls of steel
11 Bravo
Banned
as much as i hate hueys they are a little too easy to shoot down with a AK
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6674

11 Bravo wrote:

I love shredding them with the M60.
FloppY_
­

Ilocano wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Are they really that weak in Viet?
11 Bravo
Banned

FloppY_ wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

yes
FloppY_
­

11 Bravo wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

yes
soundsbadman
11 Bravo
Banned
not for those who enjoy ruining helo whore fun
FloppY_
­

11 Bravo wrote:

Without vehicles BC2 is a pretty horrible game tbh
11 Bravo
Banned

FloppY_ wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Without vehicles BC2 is a pretty horrible game tbh
i said whores...

not people who use them for the team
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6006|Vortex Ring State

Ilocano wrote:

What's magical about mortar strikes?  Could just as well be a spotter tagging a target for a Tomahawk.
it's magical simply because of the sheer number of explosions and the wide distribution of tagging devices

Failteamplaymechanic: Vehicles get more health the more people are in it, lol
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6674

Trotskygrad wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

it's magical simply because of the sheer number of explosions and the wide distribution of tagging devices

Failteamplaymechanic: Vehicles get more health the more people are in it, lol
Which way do you want it then?  your first example is BC2.  Second is Bf2.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard