Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5985|Perth, Australia
The main reason i feel that dice owes me content is because there was insufficient content to begin with. 6 conquest maps is hardly enough to work with, especially when only one of them encompasses the full battlefield experience.

I don't mind buying an expansion pack when one comes out but they had better add some more maps in the meantime.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5476|Ventura, California
Oh and 4 men squads is messed up, needs to be six and make it squad leader spawn.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6288|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Oh and 4 men squads is messed up, needs to be six and make it squad leader spawn.
I quite like that you can spawn on any squad member, and for obvious reasons, having 6player squads AND all squad respawn would be imba
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
thepilot91
+64|6238|Åland!

FloppY_ wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I quite like that you can spawn on any squad member, and for obvious reasons, having 6player squads AND all squad respawn would be imba
feels like the point with being the squadleader is kinda pointless as it is for the moment
FloppY_
­

thepilot91 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

feels like the point with being the squadleader is kinda pointless as it is for the moment
There are no squad leaders at the moment tbh...
thepilot91
+64|6238|Åland!

FloppY_ wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

There are no squad leaders at the moment tbh...
indeed , liked it better in bf2 where there was some kind of hierarchy , and not so much n00bfriendlyness , I mean now days you can take out 3 guys in a row and thinking :YES 1 left , piece o' cakez , BANG all three squadmembers spawn M60 on the remaining halfdead nub
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney
I randomly discovered an exploit on one of the maps the other day, I ended up inside a rock and couldn't get out till I back tracked.

I assure you I didn't make any use of it, I was a little afraid someone would think I was deliberately in there and get me banned tbh so I left as quickly as I could.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6465|cuntshitlake

Jaekus wrote:

I randomly discovered an exploit on one of the maps the other day, I ended up inside a rock and couldn't get out till I back tracked.

I assure you I didn't make any use of it, I was a little afraid someone would think I was deliberately in there and get me banned tbh so I left as quickly as I could.
it's useless because you can't shoot through the rock from the inside

But you remind me of all the cool undiscovered-by-most-people exploits in this game. Should fire it up some time just for those.

Last edited by DUnlimited (2010-06-11 05:40:08)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney
Oh you can't? Well that's a good thing then. I didn't even try firing a bullet, I just wanted to get out of there.
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.
So I sold my games to buy this, better be good.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6680|Middle of nowhere

jord wrote:

Dont worry, its probably the worst game you'll ever play.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England

jord wrote:

I enjoy it. I honestly don't understand 99% of the complaints people have. People die when I shoot them, vehicles are balanced, and the maps are rather glitch-free. Sure, we could use some more maps at this point but I'm sure they're working on that.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.

genius_man16 wrote:

jord wrote:

One of the games I sold to buy it was call of juarez, so I doubt it.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore

jord wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

jord wrote:

One of the games I sold to buy it was call of juarez, so I doubt it.
Lol, touché my friend. Touché.
thepilot91
+64|6238|Åland!

JohnG@lt wrote:

jord wrote:

I enjoy it. I honestly don't understand 99% of the complaints people have. People die when I shoot them, vehicles are balanced, and the maps are rather glitch-free. Sure, we could use some more maps at this point but I'm sure they're working on that.
It's not a BF game it's a more linear version of COD ... yeah sure it could be even worse but it should have been ALOT better
GullyFoyle
+25|5389
twitter.com/Bazajaytee:  "No update on the BFBC2 PC today, sorry guys."
twitter.com/Bazajaytee:  "Onslaught has been announced but there is nothing to discuss about it on PC until we find out if we can do it."
twitter.com/Bazajaytee:  "The PC version has maps enabled server side and they will be enabled up to an including Map Pack #3 after patch release."

Bazajaytee wrote:

No update on this today unfortunately, I have updated the changelog with the most recent version though - Client R8 / Server R12 are in QA
Edit: As you noticed this patch didn't release on time and we are currently fixing some crashes on some maps which has been found by QA. Once we have a new release date I'll update this post and probably make more posts about the new release date.

We will perform another synchronized client/server update.

The client update will be roughly 500MB in size.

Changelog:

Server - Some potential sources for lag/rubberbanding have been eliminated
Server - The old reserved slots has been replaced by a kick-on-demand system like in BF2
Server - Log file for server admins: all remote admin interface commands/events are logged
Server - Log file for server admins: major server events + all chat messages are logged
Server - Idle kick is controllable
Server - Profanity filter can be disabled
Server - Teamkill-kick system is controllable
Server - Ticket counts and bleed rate are controllable per-level
Server - Infantry only mode available per-level
Server - Initial spawn delay and respawn delay are adjustable
Server - Server description can be up to 400 characters, and use "|" for line breaks
Server - Banlist can contain up to 10.000 entries
Server - reduced latency in packet handling

Admin Interface - fixed the player.onKill spam that occasionally happened
Admin Interface - ensured that player.onJoin events always report the player name
Admin Interface - events triggered when people spawn
Admin Interface - much more info on kills
Admin Interface - detailed stats are reported at end-of-round

Gameplay - Various minor level bugfixes
Gameplay - Helicopter handling has been tweaked
Gameplay - Weapon tweaks have been implemented based on PC public feedback
Gameplay - Tracer dart gun speed has been changed from 300 m/s to 200 m/s
Gameplay - Fixed technical hang when a crate was armed outside of the combat area
Gameplay - "Victory is near" message was shown for the wrong team on Valparaíso, this has been fixed
Gameplay - Countermeasures can be fired when driving a helicopter
Gameplay - The brightness of the pilot view in the Russian helicopter has been reduced
Gameplay - Advanced Spotting scope works better
Gameplay - Knifing people in the back works again (we backed out the change that we had done for Server R11)
Gameplay - Hit box for moving targets expands based on the speed of the targets movement
Gameplay - G36 now has crosshair when in Hardcore mode

Server Browser - Servers are sorted into 3 categories: Normal, Modified, Hardcore depending on their settings
Server Browser – Added support for retrieving update progress
Server Browser - Now refreshes information
Server Browser - Join queue system when attempting to join a full server
Server Browser - All settings are automatically saved between sessions
Server Browser - Pings are sent via an alternate mechanism, which should work for non-Administrator users as well

Client - Fixed DX9 issue, which likely caused graphics glitches and perhaps crashes
Client - Fixed some crashes
Client - Toggle/hold crouch is user controllable
Client - Toggle/hold zoom is user controllable
Client - Vsync bugfixed for DX10/DX11
Client - Rewritten how settings are written to disk; this should reduce/eliminate the spawn lag
Client - Fixed bug where a player could join a server before the stats has been downloaded causing faulty stats in "EOR- unlock progression"-screen
Client - New chat system allows chatting when dead (but not during end of round) and keeps a 100 lines log
Client - Improved Play Now functionality
Client - Removed K/D ratio and Skill Level filters in the leaderboards
Client - Any points you get while being dead will be added to your score
Client - Reduced negative mouse acceleration
Client - Increased health on the Cobra to match other vehicles
Client - More informative disconnection/kick reasons
Client - Support for SPECACT kits in all game modes
Client - Support for Map Packs so PC gets future VIP maps at the same time as consoles

Manual, for server administrators: http://static.cdn.ea.com/dice/u/f/bf...inistrator.zip
Last edited by Bazajaytee; Today at 09:26 AM.
BFBC2 PC Update - Hmmm...:  "Gameplay - Hit box for moving targets expands based on the speed of the targets movement"

Last edited by GullyFoyle (2010-06-14 06:31:11)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England
Wait, so moving... is bad?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
GullyFoyle
+25|5389

JohnG@lt wrote:

Yeah...prepare to be "tactical", in COD parlance!
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5239|Cleveland, Ohio
i wish they would fix the ps3 post patch mess.
FloppY_
­

JohnG@lt wrote:

Hmm tbh if you keep moving, the current hitboxes are crap since you will shoot people in the ass with blood spewing yet doing no damage...

I don't understand why DICE is incapable of doing hitboxes when inferior games are so good at it...
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore

FloppY_ wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Hmm tbh if you keep moving, the current hitboxes are crap since you will shoot people in the ass with blood spewing yet doing no damage...

I don't understand why DICE is incapable of doing hitboxes when inferior games are so good at it...
QFT

Seriously, you'd think after BF2 they would realize hitboxes are /kind of/ an important part of a shooting game.

Edit: Wait, so hitboxes get bigger when you're moving now? That's stupid. Now it takes less skill to hit a moving target as sniper. Le sigh.

Last edited by genius_man16 (2010-06-14 06:55:48)

GullyFoyle
+25|5389
I went back and compared the latest PC patch change log to the original, here are the additions:

• Gameplay - Tracer dart gun speed has been changed from 300 m/s to 200 m/s
  • Gameplay - Hit box for moving targets expands based on the speed of the targets movement
  • Gameplay - G36 now has crosshair when in Hardcore mode
  • Client - Increased health on the Cobra to match other vehicles
  • Client - Support for SPECACT kits in all game modes
  • Client - Support for Map Packs so PC gets future VIP maps at the same time as consoles
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6811|Marathon, Florida Keys

GullyFoyle wrote:

"Gameplay - Hit box for moving targets expands based on the speed of the targets movement"
The fuck.
That is the stupidest thing ive ever heard.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6329|Australia

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

GullyFoyle wrote:

"Gameplay - Hit box for moving targets expands based on the speed of the targets movement"
The fuck.
That is the stupidest thing ive ever heard.
GullyFoyle
+25|5389
BFBC2 Vietnam?!?

EA INVITES PLAYERS TO JOIN THE "GUN CLUB"
Numerous awards for players with new loyalty program EA

Los Angeles (California) - On June 14, 2010 - Electronic Arts Inc.. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today unveiled the Gun Club, a loyalty program that rewards players when they indulge in their favorite activity: playing their favorite titles. Gun Club members receive benefits such as the content is unlocked, an early access to test betas and demos, plus the latest news and exclusive contact with the development teams. The Gun Club brings together some of the biggest commercial and critical success in the world, including Battlefield: Bad CompanyTM 2, Medal of HonorTM and a brand new expansion pack for Digital Battlefield: Bad Company 2 taking place in Vietnam. Other titles will follow, including offers for Battlefield HeroesTM and Dead SpaceTM 2.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard