Spidery_Yoda
+399|6287
Yeah Oasis. I really wish DICE would port a bunch of BC1 maps into BC2. They weren't really anything special but BC2's map selection is poor.

Oasis, Valley Run, Harvest Day and Final Ignition were all enjoyable.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-05-19 05:53:37)

mooneyno1
Carl Gustav <3333
+16|5980|Sheffield
Ahhhh I forgot about the last 2 bases/parts of the Oasis map, it was really nice. If they imported that into BC2, it would quickly become a favourite.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6016|Vortex Ring State
lol, for the console people, it would be all "Mapathy" again lol.

tbh, I'm pretty sure destruction 1.0 maps are not compatible without a bit of work.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6287
Why would that be? The only changes in Destruction 2.0 are to the objects in the level, and so all they'd need to do would be to replace all the buildings with the updated versions? Surely?

Well obviously there would be more to it than that but i'm sure its not rocket science. But this is DICE we're talking about so maybe it is beyond their capability.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-05-19 07:03:46)

JadedDope
Arizona Bound.
+16|5188|Between your mama's legs.
when are teh new maps coming out?
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|6014

JadedDope wrote:

when are teh new maps coming out?
There won't any be new maps anytime soon, map pack 3 is just Nelson Bay and Laguna Alta for Squad Rush/Squad DM.

Last edited by Nordemus (2010-05-19 10:05:54)

Trotskygrad
бля

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Why would that be? The only changes in Destruction 2.0 are to the objects in the level, and so all they'd need to do would be to replace all the buildings with the updated versions? Surely?

Well obviously there would be more to it than that but i'm sure its not rocket science. But this is DICE we're talking about so maybe it is beyond their capability.
exactly bro. All they can do is turn out new gamemodes on the same maps.

And maybe make a new map if we're lucky.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6406
I don't understand why they don't make big map packs with 10+ maps for $10.
Release the map pack 3 or 4 months after the game comes out.
Surely they'd turn a profit.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|6014

west-phoenix-az wrote:

Half the people would not buy it and it would cause problems with some servers suddenly not allowing players who do not have it etc.

They should release an mapcreator/worldbuilder or something. Modders would make several maps which would be tested and put in a poll. The top two or three will get released as free DLC.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6329

The lack of modding, battlerecorder, and freecam really annoys me
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6303|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

ebug9 wrote:

The lack of modding, battlerecorder lan, and freecam patches really annoys me
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5501|Bolingbrook, Illinois
if they implement this microtransaction shit into bf2, im gonna be pissed
Trotskygrad
бля

HaiBai wrote:

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

1.5 was the last patch.

however, I think ebug's thing is moar urgent tbh.

All the machinimas have been filmed from the back of an ATV on hardcore with no hudguns tbh.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5375|London, England

west-phoenix-az wrote:

It took them how many years to release Blue Pearl?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
thepilot91
+64|6253|Åland!

JohnG@lt wrote:

west-phoenix-az wrote:

wake island 2007 ....7, 7777777777! ,
and tampa , oh ...jalabad , but their first one is and will always be the favourite
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

thepilot91 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

west-phoenix-az wrote:

and tampa , oh ...jalabad , but their first one is and will always be the favourite
Wake Island was quite possibly the worst map in the entirety of BF2.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6684

JohnG@lt wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

For medic whores, it sucked (unless piloting).  For every other class, it was awesome.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ilocano wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

For medic whores, it sucked (unless piloting).  For every other class, it was awesome.
It was terrible for everyone not piloting the J-10.

I can't tell you how much abject rage that map caused me whenever I was on the US team. Spawn raped, RIBs destroyed on sight, planes and helos shot down within 5 seconds of launching. It was just a complete and utter mess.

Same thing happened on Dragon Valley if the PLA took the north base quickly but that didn't happen nearly as often.
-Frederick Bastiat
Trotskygrad
бля

JohnG@lt wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I can't tell you how much abject rage that map caused me whenever I was on the US team. Spawn raped, RIBs destroyed on sight, planes and helos shot down within 5 seconds of launching. It was just a complete and utter mess.

Same thing happened on Dragon Valley if the PLA took the north base quickly but that didn't happen nearly as often.
Yeah makes you wish the carrier had some battleship support to level them PLA bases.

Tbh, carriers were the worst idea in BF2.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5501|Bolingbrook, Illinois

Trotskygrad wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

1.5 was the last patch.

however, I think ebug's thing is moar urgent tbh.

All the machinimas have been filmed from the back of an ATV on hardcore with no hudguns tbh.
whoops, i meant to write bf3, not bf2 lol
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6360

Trotskygrad wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Yeah makes you wish the carrier had some battleship support to level them PLA bases.

Tbh, carriers were the worst idea in BF2.
Was the most decent China map though. When not piloting that is. Loved the AK-47. I´m a ground pounder.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6341|Graz, Austria
The big problem with Wake Island 2007 was the placement of the AA sites.
They were too far away from the flags, right in the middle of nowhere with no cover to hide nearby.

Why they didn't place them next to the villages, or even on the roofs accessible with ladders is beyond me.
No one would stay near the AA sites long enough to have a drastic effect against the jets, for fear of getting snuffed out immediately.
I would only occasionally jump into an AA placement, fire the two rockets and then run. No use at all to wait for the thing to reload or even repair it.

So, it's not only hard to make the landing and capture a flag for the US side, but also defend it properly against air assets.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6287
What astounds me about Wake Island is why they didn't make the carrier gun absolutely deadly to aircraft. It just made no sense. They wanted to keep J-10s and Z-10s away from the carrier, and yet all they give it for defense is a pea shooter that gets destroyed instantly. They should've made the cannon instantly destroy aircraft, or completely invincible. Make it incredibly overpowered and the jets will stay away, allowing the USMC to take off. It's only a small area of one map so who cares about balance. The thing is specifically there to keep aircraft away and it was never any good at it.

The missiles all had a mind of their own as well...
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6398|the land of bourbon
wake needed a mobile AA vehicle.  stinger sites are crap, and usually behind trees.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6670

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

What astounds me about Wake Island is why they didn't make the carrier gun absolutely deadly to aircraft. It just made no sense. They wanted to keep J-10s and Z-10s away from the carrier, and yet all they give it for defense is a pea shooter that gets destroyed instantly. They should've made the cannon instantly destroy aircraft, or completely invincible. Make it incredibly overpowered and the jets will stay away, allowing the USMC to take off. It's only a small area of one map so who cares about balance. The thing is specifically there to keep aircraft away and it was never any good at it.

The missiles all had a mind of their own as well...
wrong wrong wrong

The carrier should have been pilotable.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard