SGT_BlueHawk
+5|5583|U.S.A.
I find it utterly annoying that most servers choose to use autobalance. I might be all alone in this, but it's the truth.

Last edited by SGT_BlueHawk (2009-02-03 06:56:04)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6481|cuntshitlake

It's utterly annoying when noob sideswitch too.

I still prefer off since I play with mates most of the time.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
SGT_BlueHawk
+5|5583|U.S.A.

DeathUnlimited wrote:

It's utterly annoying when noob sideswitch too.
What's sideswitching exactly? Like lane changers on the highway, always going back an forth? Can't you lock that on the server? Like for example, "Lock Teams" once you choose. Age of Empires had this feature and that's an OLD game!

Last edited by SGT_BlueHawk (2009-02-03 07:08:52)

MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6017|Aberdeen, Scotland
Autobalance is there to stop teams getting ridiculously imbalanced...however, it does a pretty shitty job, as it often takes a long time to move people, and can only do so when a player is dead.

If you don't want to be switched, join a squad, as 'lone wolves' are the first to get switched.

Some people, especially on Euro Forces servers, will switch to the same team at the start of every round...on a normal server with autobalance this isn't a big problem, but on a server with 'random teams', you can end up with one team twice the size of the other. Unfortunately many people are too selfish to move and fix the teams themselves, risking a -2 defecit and a suicide, hence the need for autobalance
SGT_BlueHawk
+5|5583|U.S.A.
I guess autobalance is OK for the purposes of fair-play, but for people like me, who want to remain on a specific team all the time, this can be extremely aggravating. I find myself spending the first few minutes (maybe 5 or more) just looking for a server that won't kick me to the other side. Oh well, not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but it's still rather annoying.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6672

I like autobalance, just so long as there aren't a bajillion afk players on one side. I guess what I'm trying to say is that autobalance is great when used in conjunction with kicking idlers.

And I also like it since clanmates can't stack the teams by switching all around. Yes it's fun playing with your buddies, but you won't get any better by teaming up against a bunch of noobs. I personally find it more fun to go up against my buddies and play against the more experienced players because it gives me practice, and usually I give them a run for their money and piss them off a bit.

The game is much more ridiculously fun when it's a close match. It's absolutely boring and annoying when you're getting completely dominated, or even when you're completely dominating the other team. There's not much to do and no effort is involved.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6017|Aberdeen, Scotland
Absolutely agreed with everything you said there mtb

Bluehawk, that's kinda the point...if everyone just wanted to play the same side round after round, ie EU maps/PLA on Wake etc, then the game would get stale very quickly...just relax and play on the other side, you'll get to the one you want eventually
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6672

Also, I've played on some servers where the teams are exactly the same after each round, and while it does promote squadwork and teamwork, if you're constantly getting stomped, it's annoying.

And then there are other servers where teams are randomized after each round, so you'll great rounds and terrible rounds.

Basically what it comes down to is the spread of your good and bad rounds. Play on one where teams are the same, you'll have loads of great rounds in a row, and loads of shitty rounds in a row. Play on a server with random teams, it's possible to have a good time every other round and a bad time every other round.

Sorry for rambling about non-autobalance issues, but I suppose you could think of it this way, bluehawk: You wanna play on the EU side? Then first you've gotta put in your time on the MEC side Those are the breaks.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2009-02-03 15:00:41)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard