Announcement

blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|5980
https://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5210/marketph9.png

Net Applications' Web Browser stats for January 2009 show Apple's Safari hit a new all-time high with 8.29% share of the browsers visiting Net Applications' network of websites worldwide. The data is aggregated from 40,000 websites that are predominantly ecommerce or corporate sites.

Net Applications' January 2009 Web Browser Stats:

Microsoft Internet Explorer: 67.55% (vs. MAY 2006: 84.20%)
Mozilla Firefox: 21.53% (vs. MAY 2006: 10.55%)
Apple Safari: 8.29% (vs. MAY 2006: 3.26%)
- iPhone: 0.48%
- iPod: 0.11%
Google Chrome: 1.12%
Opera: 0.70%

market share

Last edited by blademaster (2009-02-02 18:05:03)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,760|5488|what

Poor Netscape.

Before FF it was my browser of choice.

I've always hated IE.

I will say though regarding the stats, if it's taken from 40,000 websites that are predominantly ecommerce or corporate sites, they are probably accessed from within corporations that don't allow foreign browsers.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

"coz you a far cry from acclaim nigga ubisoft"
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|5941|Greenwood, IN
I like how Chrome passed Opera quickly. FF is still the way to go at this moment in my opinion.  Chrome is not bad but it has one flaw.  It won't work in Windows 7.  Thats a big flaw if you ask me.
andy12
Banned
+52|5992
They're pretty much all the same now, you just have various "I want to be different" crowds pointlessly choosing random browsers.

Truth suit, on.
Brasso
member
+1,549|5966

andy12 wrote:

They're pretty much all the same now, you just have various "I want to be different" crowds pointlessly choosing random browsers.

Truth suit, on.
You have absolutely no idea what you're saying.

Truth suit, on.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
andy12
Banned
+52|5992

haffeysucks wrote:

andy12 wrote:

They're pretty much all the same now, you just have various "I want to be different" crowds pointlessly choosing random browsers.

Truth suit, on.
You have absolutely no idea what you're saying.

Truth suit, on.
I think you'll find it's a bitter pill to swallow. But all are remarkably similar and serve the same purpose. It equates to the "I've got a mac and I'm special" thought process.

I've been here longer than you, so on that note, I'll be using my super awesome IP tracking browser to hunt you down and install IE on your comp

wat

watwatwat
Brasso
member
+1,549|5966

andy12 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

andy12 wrote:

They're pretty much all the same now, you just have various "I want to be different" crowds pointlessly choosing random browsers.

Truth suit, on.
You have absolutely no idea what you're saying.

Truth suit, on.
I think you'll find it's a bitter pill to swallow. But all are remarkably similar and serve the same purpose. It equates to the "I've got a mac and I'm special" thought process.

I've been here longer than you, so on that note, I'll be using my super awesome IP tracking browser to hunt you down and install IE on your comp

wat

watwatwat
Firefox - extensions
Chrome - pure speed/omnibar
IE - compatibility
Opera - speed/speed dial

refute it.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2009-02-02 18:28:42)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
andy12
Banned
+52|5992

haffeysucks wrote:

andy12 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:


You have absolutely no idea what you're saying.

Truth suit, on.
I think you'll find it's a bitter pill to swallow. But all are remarkably similar and serve the same purpose. It equates to the "I've got a mac and I'm special" thought process.

I've been here longer than you, so on that note, I'll be using my super awesome IP tracking browser to hunt you down and install IE on your comp

wat

watwatwat
Firefox - extensions
Chrome - pure speed/omnibar
IE - compatibility
Opera - speed/speed dial

refute it.
Anything more specific than "speed", "pure speed" and "compatibility"? Really, just think about it. It's like 5 different brands of Cookie, they're all delicious with minor differences. Bad example since cookies don't have a condescending "mines better then urs lol" eaterbase
Brasso
member
+1,549|5966

andy12 wrote:

Anything more specific than "speed", "pure speed" and "compatibility"? Really, just think about it. It's like 5 different brands of Cookie, they're all delicious with minor differences. Bad example since cookies don't have a condescending "mines better then urs lol" eaterbase
so you would eat a cookie made out of sawdust just because it's considered a "cookie?"  i'll take the cookie that i can personalize to my liking.  personally i don't care about speed and most webpages are compatible with firefox, so personally that's what i use.  i don't think i ever said once what you or anyone else should use.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
jsnipy
...
+3,275|5858|...

good to see IE shrinking in share
san4
The Mas
+311|6024|NYC, a place to live
The thing that makes IE unique is it can't be uninstalled.
GCFC
Davide Santon
+45|5264|NY/CT

haffeysucks wrote:

andy12 wrote:

Anything more specific than "speed", "pure speed" and "compatibility"? Really, just think about it. It's like 5 different brands of Cookie, they're all delicious with minor differences. Bad example since cookies don't have a condescending "mines better then urs lol" eaterbase
so you would eat a cookie made out of sawdust just because it's considered a "cookie?"  i'll take the cookie that i can personalize to my liking.  personally i don't care about speed and most webpages are compatible with firefox, so personally that's what i use.  i don't think i ever said once what you or anyone else should use.
kev - get em =]

andy -but yea there are alot of differences
time the loading time on those browsers and tell me they're the same
tell me that you can add all the same add-ons that you can on one that you can add to the others
for some people that use internet explorer cuz they like microsoft and think they make good stuff let them
they arent bothering you from being any less retarded and single minded than you already are
dont come running your mouth comparing web browsers to cookies, you look like a fool
no one cares how long you've been here, doesnt make your argument right or even valid for that matter

have a nice day
oh and firefox ftw
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|5936|132 and Bush

haffeysucks wrote:

andy12 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

You have absolutely no idea what you're saying.

Truth suit, on.
I think you'll find it's a bitter pill to swallow. But all are remarkably similar and serve the same purpose. It equates to the "I've got a mac and I'm special" thought process.

I've been here longer than you, so on that note, I'll be using my super awesome IP tracking browser to hunt you down and install IE on your comp

wat

watwatwat
Firefox - extensions
Chrome - pure speed/omnibar
IE - compatibility
Opera - speed/speed dial

refute it.
There is no refuting it. It's what is most important to each individual user. Speed is tops for me, so I use opera. The only thing I really miss is the ff spell checker. There is an inline addon for Opera but it is not as good.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6183|"Frisco"

Naturn wrote:

I like how Chrome passed Opera quickly. FF is still the way to go at this moment in my opinion.  Chrome is not bad but it has one flaw.  It won't work in Windows 7.  Thats a big flaw if you ask me.
Uhm. Well considering that Windows 7 isn't even released yet, I'd probably consider that a fairly minor drawback.

I can tell you that the type of site you visit really changes these demo graphics. For example, this and the battlefield sites are almost all over 50% firefox and IE6 is all but dead. Gamers tend to be much more up to date.

Visit something like pogo.com though...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|5936|132 and Bush

I'm installing 7 on one of my machines right now.

https://i42.tinypic.com/23vlweb.jpg

And holy hell is it taking a long time.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
andy12
Banned
+52|5992

GCFC wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

andy12 wrote:

Anything more specific than "speed", "pure speed" and "compatibility"? Really, just think about it. It's like 5 different brands of Cookie, they're all delicious with minor differences. Bad example since cookies don't have a condescending "mines better then urs lol" eaterbase
so you would eat a cookie made out of sawdust just because it's considered a "cookie?"  i'll take the cookie that i can personalize to my liking.  personally i don't care about speed and most webpages are compatible with firefox, so personally that's what i use.  i don't think i ever said once what you or anyone else should use.
kev - get em =]

andy -but yea there are alot of differences
time the loading time on those browsers and tell me they're the same
tell me that you can add all the same add-ons that you can on one that you can add to the others
for some people that use internet explorer cuz they like microsoft and think they make good stuff let them
they arent bothering you from being any less retarded and single minded than you already are
dont come running your mouth comparing web browsers to cookies, you look like a fool
no one cares how long you've been here, doesnt make your argument right or even valid for that matter

have a nice day
oh and firefox ftw
Lol single minded, I'm the only one here that doesn't have a fanboy opinion. Retard...
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|5774|King Of The Islands

What has this got to do with cookies?
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|5835|so randum

Cheez wrote:

What has this got to do with cookies?
dno cheez m8 but i want one
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
cospengle
Member
+140|5822|Armidale, NSW, Australia

andy12 wrote:

...cookies don't have a condescending "mines better then urs lol" eaterbase
Iced Vovos ftw!

Nice topic, but as previously mentioned, it was a biased sample. I'd like to see what the proportions are for a linux site, microsoft, hotmail etc., and  most importantly, some pron sites.
GCFC
Davide Santon
+45|5264|NY/CT

andy12 wrote:

I've been here longer than you, so on that note, I'll be using my super awesome IP tracking browser to hunt you down and install IE on your comp

andy12 wrote:

Lol single minded, I'm the only one here that doesn't have a fanboy opinion. Retard...
andy12
Banned
+52|5992

GCFC wrote:

andy12 wrote:

I've been here longer than you, so on that note, I'll be using my super awesome IP tracking browser to hunt you down and install IE on your comp

andy12 wrote:

Lol single minded, I'm the only one here that doesn't have a fanboy opinion. Retard...
That was a joke, I use FF...

Am I really gonna track his IP and install a probably already installed browser? Really.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,610|5956|London, England

andy12 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

andy12 wrote:

They're pretty much all the same now, you just have various "I want to be different" crowds pointlessly choosing random browsers.

Truth suit, on.
You have absolutely no idea what you're saying.

Truth suit, on.
I think you'll find it's a bitter pill to swallow. But all are remarkably similar and serve the same purpose. It equates to the "I've got a mac and I'm special" thought process.

I've been here longer than you, so on that note, I'll be using my super awesome IP tracking browser to hunt you down and install IE on your comp

wat

watwatwat
Gotta agree with this, there was a time when Firefox was different and was a big deal. Now they're all the same, I suppose if you didn't switch to Firefox back when IE was really shit during the IE6 days, you really won't see a big deal if you do it now. I only use FF cos I'm used to it know, cos I was one of the people that migrated during the "IE6 is quite possibly, completely ridiculous" days
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6020|West Yorkshire, U.K
60% of Internet Explorer users are ignorant to all other Web Browsers, am i right?
Brasso
member
+1,549|5966

Kurazoo wrote:

60% of Internet Explorer users are ignorant to all other Web Browsers, am i right?
no, shut up.  it's people like you that make people like andy12 think that people like haffeysucks don't choose a browser simply because of preference.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|5910|London

haffeysucks wrote:

Kurazoo wrote:

60% of Internet Explorer users are ignorant to all other Web Browsers, am i right?
no, shut up.  it's people like you that make people like andy12 think that people like haffeysucks don't choose a browser simply because of preference.
I think there's a misunderstanding here...

he's simply saying that most IE users don't know other browsers exist. Don't know about the exact statistics but he's probably right

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2022 Jeff Minard