GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6370
don't ya fucking hate it when you found a great Youtube clip but the sound is disabled?

makes me wanna go https://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:p2rb9nKk4lDtaM:https://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/gw/images/thumb/3/3e/Shoop.png/50px-Shoop.png Youtube.

The Discussion is, is youtube going to far?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

No.  Copyright is copyright.
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6370

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

yeah but like 98% of the bf2 clips got Licenced music on it.

its annoying.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6576|London
Sure we've had this discussion before on at least 2 different subforums

But youtube are doing what they must. It's the money grabbers applying the pressure that are retarded.
andy12
Banned
+52|6658
People add them as fast as youtube remove them, copyright isn't a real law.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

andy12 wrote:

copyright isn't a real law.
Lol why?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
Youtube has been killed by all this copyright shit, wished they went back to the old days where Simpson clips where in abundance
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

these fucking dinosaurs at the record companies need to get with the god damned motherfucking goat-raping times

Instead of preventing people from listening to music, they should make it easier for us to get music we like legally. Some songs on YouTube have links to buy them on the Amazon and iTunes music stores. Some have advertisements for a few seconds at the bottom of the video. THAT's understandable. Muting a video or deleting all the videos with that song? Not understandable.

Scenario 1:

I hear of a band
I go to YouTube to find the band
I listen to their stuff, like it, and go buy their CD or download the song via iTunes
I become a diehard fan and go to their shows

Scenario 2:
I hear of a band
There are no videos with studio versions of their songs
I lose interest and they get no money from me, or I maintain interest and obtain the music illegally

Which do you think would be the more desirable scenario for these greedy pigs?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

^ this.

I think people are just angry because they're getting caught.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
If I like an album that I download, I buy it. Otherwise I delete it. As for games, I pretty much always pay for them.
andy12
Banned
+52|6658

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

andy12 wrote:

copyright isn't a real law.
Lol why?
Because it's the internet and nobody gives a shit, hence why it's the most broken "law" ever.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

these fucking dinosaurs at the record companies need to get with the god damned motherfucking goat-raping times

Instead of preventing people from listening to music, they should make it easier for us to get music we like legally. Some songs on YouTube have links to buy them on the Amazon and iTunes music stores. Some have advertisements for a few seconds at the bottom of the video. THAT's understandable. Muting a video or deleting all the videos with that song? Not understandable.

Scenario 1:

I hear of a band
I listen to their stuff, like it, and go buy their CD or download the song via iTunes
I become a diehard fan and go to their shows

Scenario 2:
I hear of a band
There are no videos with studio versions of their songs
I lose interest and they get no money from me, or I maintain interest and obtain the music illegally

Which do you think would be the more desirable scenario for these greedy pigs?
I know the most realistic scenario-
You hear of a band
You go to Youtube/songza/lala/pandora/last.fm to find the band
You listen, like it, and download from p2p and pay nothing.
Either way, record company gets no money.

Yes, the record companies need to think proactively and find creative ways to charge for content they own.  That still doesn't excuse copyright infringement.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

You hear of a band

Yes, the record companies need to think proactively and find creative ways to charge for content they own.  That still doesn't excuse copyright infringement.
That's happened since the dawn of the internets though. All the companies are doing now is alienating those of us who still buy music.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

You hear of a band

That's happened since the dawn of the internets though. All the companies are doing now is alienating those of us who still buy music.
Really? 

"They don't have their music on youtube vids.  That's it, I'm not buying another album from them!"

Really?
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

You hear of a band

Really? 

"They don't have their music on youtube vids.  That's it, I'm not buying another album from them!"

Really?
Yeah, that was my point. If I can find a band's music on YouTube to hear it, and I like it, then I'm more inclined to buy their shit. Don't assume that everybody's got loose morals and that nobody pays for music anymore.

Also, it wasn't "OMG THEY DONT HAVE THEIR MUSIC ON YOUTUBE IM NOT BUYING ANY MOAR LEL"

It was more like "Hm, I can't seem to listen to their work. I'm sure as hell not gonna buy the album only to be disappointed. Guess I'll either forget about them or pirate it."

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2009-02-02 15:24:39)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Searching for a band on youtube =/= complaining about a BF2 vid without music
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Never encountered this before. Can someone link me to a youtube video that has been fucked please?
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6531|Boston, MA
Youtube sucked the day Google bought them out. Ever since Google bought them, they removed pretty much every single televsion clip ever. Now they're slowly weeding out every song on there. Now all that's left are the idiots who think that just because they have webcams, people want to listen to them. Other than that it's just trailers for stuff. So basically, now all youtube is, is advertisements and annoying people. It lost its appeal and is now like pretty much every other site.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

You can't even watch clips of family guy or whatever else without the douche author having to impose a soundtrack so that it avoid copyright. It is then considered a music video compilation by them...
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

Youtube sucked the day Google bought them out. Ever since Google bought them, they removed pretty much every single televsion clip ever. Now they're slowly weeding out every song on there. Now all that's left are the idiots who think that just because they have webcams, people want to listen to them. Other than that it's just trailers for stuff. So basically, now all youtube is, is advertisements and annoying people. It lost its appeal and is now like pretty much every other site.
The people that founded youtube started it as a business.  It was a natural progression that the inclusion of copyrighted content would be addressed in regards to youtube's business plan.  If you failed to understand that natural progression and instead thought youtube was created so that you could look up music videos and watch Simpsons TV clips I don't feel sorry for you.

Internet (and youtube) changed media.  It will take more than 1 year for record companies to adjust to the medium and create new revenue streams, so suck it up.  People bitching because youtube deletes copyright, record companies bitch because people use unlicensed material.  Both need to QQ.
andy12
Banned
+52|6658

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

The people that founded youtube started it as a business.  It was a natural progression that the inclusion of copyrighted content would be addressed in regards to youtube's business plan.  If you failed to understand that natural progression and instead thought youtube was created so that you could look up music videos and watch Simpsons TV clips I don't feel sorry for you.

Internet (and youtube) changed media.  It will take more than 1 year for record companies to adjust to the medium and create new revenue streams, so suck it up.  People bitching because youtube deletes copyright, record companies bitch because people use unlicensed material.  Both need to QQ.
So what you are saying is instead of sampling tracks on youtube we should download them for free? Well I don't know, having Lady gaga as a file is harder to delete than removing the cookies for the youtube search...
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Still wishing someone could link me to a fucked video. I would love to see what everyone is complaining about.
CrazeD
+368|6674|Maine
Google should just pay off those douche bags.

"here's a billion dollars if you quit your company bitch"
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

CrazeD wrote:

Google should just pay off those douche bags.

"here's a billion dollars if you quit your company bitch"
Or send the youtube CEO a hooker.

"Here's a bitch if you quit your company Bill"
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

andy12 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

So what you are saying is instead of sampling tracks on youtube we should download them for free? Well I don't know, having Lady gaga as a file is harder to delete than removing the cookies for the youtube search...
You can sample tracks at Amazon, Itunes, Lala, off a groups website, etc.  All those are legitimate.  What I'm saying is youtube wasn't created so 14 year-olds could watch music videos and Family Guy clips.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2009-02-02 16:20:26)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard