ColCarnage
taw
+283|5603

Poseidon wrote:

JoshP wrote:

i like itunes tbh

nice organisation, simple, plays mp3 and m4a which are the only formats i use

"smartplaylists" (auto playlists where you set up a load of criteria and songs that match them get in the playlists) are also useful and work well

and it works with my 3 ipods and isn't ugly like winamp, i also like the quickview thing where you have a box at the top containing a list of all your genres artists and albums. However on W7 i do occasionaly swap between WMP and iTunes, WMP12 and iTunes are just as good as each other really, WMP12 does most things that iTunes doesn't and vice versa, so when you have both it's pretty good

(inb4 LOLITUNES IZ GAY HURR)

Poseidon wrote:

Anyone who's so vehemently anti-iTunes that they have to actually bash the users of it must have had something crawl up their ass and die.
o/

It does what it needs to do.
o/\o berk left you hangin
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6635|UK
Hrm. It seems that WMP has them but they're not Global - in that you have to have WMP as the active window for them to work. How silly.

https://i41.tinypic.com/wkjxxz.png
JoshP
Banned
+176|5697|Notts, UK

FatherTed wrote:

QQ; why don't my keyboard hotkeys work with anything that isnt wmp?
well ted all i know about is itunes, (and i presume you're talking about a dedicated play/pause, forward, backwards etc key on your keyboard), and for that you need to go "enable full keyboard navigation" in preferences, it's on the first tab in preferences, at the bottom
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum

JoshP wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

QQ; why don't my keyboard hotkeys work with anything that isnt wmp?
well ted all i know about is itunes, (and i presume you're talking about a dedicated play/pause, forward, backwards etc key on your keyboard), and for that you need to go "enable full keyboard navigation" in preferences, it's on the first tab in preferences, at the bottom
<3 u +1
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5710|College Park, MD
Is there a way to have WMP support m4a?

And why do people bother with FLAC? Takes up more space in your music player...

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2009-01-31 21:14:31)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5939|Somewhere out in Space

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

/agree

FLAC is overrated.  Until you can get it to the size of a 320, and unless you have a umpteen thousand dollar system, why bother?
Defiance
+438|6679

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

/agree

FLAC is overrated.  Until you can get it to the size of a 320, and unless you have a umpteen thousand dollar system, why bother?
The same reason I was tempted to pick up $500 earbuds. Sound quality is everything and TB drives aren't that expensive.

Secondly, FLAC is not overrated. It is hands down the best codec for perfect music storage. It's not the best for portable devices, I put 320 kbs mp3 there but if you have expensive speakers, an expensive soundcard, preamps, amps, earbuds who's value could feed a family for months, you need a damn good source file and FLAC is it.

If you don't want to use it, no one's stopping you, but you don't have an argument against it's purpose.
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5989|Toronto
What about WMP 10? I think it's much, much better than 11.
I like pie.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5697|Notts, UK

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Windows 7 + WMP 12

ColCarnage wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

o/

It does what it needs to do.
o/\o berk left you hangin
aw crap
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5939|Somewhere out in Space

Defiance wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

/agree

The same reason I was tempted to pick up $500 earbuds. Sound quality is everything and TB drives aren't that expensive.

Secondly, FLAC is not overrated. It is hands down the best codec for perfect music storage. It's not the best for portable devices, I put 320 kbs mp3 there but if you have expensive speakers, an expensive soundcard, preamps, amps, earbuds who's value could feed a family for months, you need a damn good source file and FLAC is it.

If you don't want to use it, no one's stopping you, but you don't have an argument against it's purpose.
Good job repeating what i just said.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

Update: I think I have just fallen in love.

http://www.mediajukebox.com/

I can't find anything wrong with it.

Nice design ( yeah, its actually acceptable ) and it has everything I need. It's not a memory hog and loaded all my library perfectly.
It already has Last.fm support built in ( which was an issue for Media Monkey, which is at Number 2 on my list ) and has smart playlists, organisation is fast, album art retrieval is easy, album display is REALLY good.

If you don't like the default skin, it has close replicas of iTunes, WMP and some other nice skins ( you can also change around the default skin by adding "skin effects" ).

All views of the player are highly customisable as well. It also has integrated support for Amazon MP3 store, so you can instantly download to the player on the player.

I honestly can't find anything wrong with this player. It destroys anything else.

I recommend you guys try it out. It's really good.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6657

By organisation you mean it puts all your music into folders by artist like iTunes?
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6362|West NY
...I use WMP for when I'm just uhm...checking...a song file, because iTunes takes some time to load and can be a bit resource-intensive, but your Pros/Cons seem to not mention anything about the aforementioned.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

Noobpatty wrote:

...I use WMP for when I'm just uhm...checking...a song file, because iTunes takes some time to load and can be a bit resource-intensive, but your Pros/Cons seem to not mention anything about the aforementioned.
I didn't do the pros and cons for iTunes.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6657

I'm looking at my nice clean iTunes interface compared to this and it's making me sad.
Computer_Guy
+54|6705
Foobar2000 is where its at, especially for those large libraries
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

ghettoperson wrote:

I'm looking at my nice clean iTunes interface compared to this and it's making me sad.
iTunes is shit. It hogs memory, theres all this "sign in" shit to use their special features, it doesn't support FLAC natively, all the music you get off it is pretty poor quality ( not encoded in LAME ) and half of the "oooo nice shit" is completely useless.

It may be nicer than Jukebox or any of the other media players out there ( except WMP ), but it's certainly not better.

You want to use it? Fine. But it's not a better all round media player than any of the other suggestions given here. I would most definitely use it if it didn't have those niggles. It rapes the computers memory when you have a huge library and are trying to search for stuff.

Foobar2000 is the purist way. It's easy to import all your music and dump it on there and start listening, but it fails at having advanced features. It's also pretty piss poor with navigation and setup "out of the box". I want to be able to play my music and enjoy a media player from the installation. I don't want to go rumaging through the web to find some "decent" plugins. Yeah, sure, you can make it look great if you have time, and it has support for a lot of things, but so do many of the other open source players.

It seems that Songbird has updated their version and it now supports "automatic media folder update". Interesting. I wonder how the memory leakage is going. That's a big plus for Songbird, if everything else is alright.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6740|St. Andrews / Oslo

anyone got any awesome foobar skins and plugins?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6750|FUCK UBISOFT

you never did AIMP, TeenSpirit, or Jet Audio.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6281
Is songbird compatible with windows 7?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

Yes, it is.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6281
Ah. Last time I checked (wasn't too long ago, like 2 months ago) it wasn't. Will definitely check it out then.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6747|Toronto | Canada

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

Is songbird compatible with windows 7?

Winston_Churchill wrote:

https://i46.tinypic.com/fayamw.jpg

https://i46.tinypic.com/2rcvb75.jpg

Songbird + 1 hour of configuration.  I like it quite a bit actually.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 3#p3026663

<3 Songbird.  Sexiest player ever
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6641

songbird is too laggy, and can't handle my library keeps crashing
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

Songbird is pretty shit. It's not optimised nor is it fast. It's nice, sure, but it fails miserably with large libraries and can't monitor more than one folder at a time.

Media Monkey is 100x better.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard