+655|5783|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Im so jealous, I applied for a key twice and I still dont have one
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6706|Purplicious Wisconsin

Roc18 wrote:

Im so jealous, I applied for a key twice and I still dont have one
Me neither
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6542|CH/BR - in UK

I love this game - it's so playful and simple. I think I could play it on my netbook xD
(just got my beta key)

-kon
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6320

konfusion wrote:

I love this game - it's so playful and simple. I think I could play it on my netbook xD
(just got my beta key)

-kon
omg can i use it for a day? kthnxxxxx <3

But seriously, I'd like to try this game. What do I do, submit my request to ea somewhere?
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6400|Somersetshire
I gave Heroes another chance as i really disliked the last time I played it. I'm glad I did, I had a really fun time, which I didn't last time, it was very entertaining, shame that you can't delete or at least reset your characters
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6336
I want now
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6708
it's a lot of fun now... they fixed a lot of stuff... reminds me of 42 a little...   I can ask for some keys...no promises...
Love is the answer
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6429|Brisbane, Australia
yeah its pretty damn fun now

At first I was like , now im like
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6336
I JUsT RECEIVED MY BETA KEY!!! w00t!

Had given up all hope. BUt still gotta wait a few days cause my sister is here for a 6 day visit. SIX days . lol
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6708
Its a lot of fun... the second beta version is way better than the first one...
Love is the answer
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS
Much fun... There are so many little things which make this game really fun.

I'm going back to play it now.

Last edited by Spark (2009-03-21 03:32:23)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6431|King Of The Islands

Sisco10 wrote:

I JUsT RECEIVED MY BETA KEY!!! w00t!

Had given up all hope. BUt still gotta wait a few days cause my sister is here for a 6 day visit. SIX days . lol
And?
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5957|London, England

Cant get it to work and I havent heard a reason to
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Roc18
`
+655|5783|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
I Still Dont Have A Fucking Key
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6398|NSW, Australia

is it like tf2?
iNfinity.
+12|5636|Norway
I have the beta i find it kinda boring...
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5957|London, England

Mutantsteak wrote:

Cant get it to work and I havent heard a reason to
I have been playing the game ever since. Its fucking 6:47 right now and the game is awesome
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6262
I got my key the other day too. After a lot of hassle getting into a game (it kept putting me on an empty server) I played it for an hour or so.

Thoughts:

1)Where's the minimap
2)I really should've picked the Sniper class they seem really overpowered and everyone uses it
3)God damn this shotgun needs a lot of hits to kill someone

I loved the graphics of the environment. Hard to imagine its the 2142 engine. It looks really cool. The characters all look and sound lame though. All the sound effects are annoyingly 'cartoony'. They tried far too hard in that regard. The gameplay itself seems to be very shallow as well. I haven't played it since my first game yet (got to level 5 or so and tried 3 maps). Havent really felt the need to.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-03-22 06:16:34)

phishman420
Banned
+821|5673
what a horrible game. how many times do you have to shoot someone in the head to kill them
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

phishman420 wrote:

what a horrible game
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6400|Somersetshire

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Thoughts:

1)Where's the minimap

The game doesn't need one

2)I really should've picked the Sniper class they seem really overpowered and everyone uses it

the sniper rifle is only overpowered at range

try unlocking another shotgun, stock weapons are the all round weapons whereas you can get guns that are better at long or short range

The gameplay itself seems to be very shallow as well.

it's a free game, you really think they should have an compelling story line or something?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6262

It's Battlefield. They don't have storylines. They do however have deep engaging gameplay. Or rather did.

Edit: Just played some more.

The planes are absolutely terrible . They have the worst flying physics i've ever seen, and all they're good for is running over infantry. The tanks aren't much better. Each tank shell just launches infantry in the air and then you get det packs thrown on you.

Also the knife is annoying as hell. In Bf2 at least you could gun down any knifer with ease. Here you empty 5 shotgun shells into them and then die.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-03-22 19:37:41)

Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6400|Somersetshire

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

It's Battlefield. They don't have storylines. They do however have deep engaging gameplay. Or rather did.

Edit: Just played some more.

The planes are absolutely terrible . They have the worst flying physics i've ever seen, and all they're good for is running over infantry. The tanks aren't much better. Each tank shell just launches infantry in the air and then you get det packs thrown on you.

Also the knife is annoying as hell. In Bf2 at least you could gun down any knifer with ease. Here you empty 5 shotgun shells into them and then die.
This game isn't meant to be realistic, the gameplay is engaging for me, well it's fun, which makes me want to play more.

Planes are terrible, hence why more and more people are using them to ram tanks. Tanks are really good actually, you just got to know how to keep infantry away.
Use abilities to get away from the knifer

if you are a gunner, you have a sprint ability
Soldier(the guy with a heal) has the blast that pushes all things away from them
commando has a sprint and a knife

This game has been made so nothing is too over powered compared to everything else
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6708

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I got my key the other day too. After a lot of hassle getting into a game (it kept putting me on an empty server) I played it for an hour or so.

Thoughts:

1)Where's the minimap

I loved the graphics of the environment. Hard to imagine its the 2142 engine. It looks really cool. The characters all look and sound lame though. All the sound effects are annoyingly 'cartoony'. They tried far too hard in that regard. The gameplay itself seems to be very shallow as well. I haven't played it since my first game yet (got to level 5 or so and tried 3 maps). Havent really felt the need to.
It was made with the BF2 editor believe or not lol...... it's really simple but it is a lot of fun... the tanks are a blast...   the bf2 engine is the same engine as 2142...
Love is the answer
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6657|NT, like Mick Dundee

Can you rocket jump?

Are there nades? What guns are there?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard