Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York
New Zealand tbh.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

mtb0minime wrote:

What's the general consensus in EU or Aus regarding yank accents anyway?

It's probably because it's my own accent (native Californian, which doesn't have any twists or strange ways of pronouncing anything [I think]), but it just seems so boring and neutral (though there is lots of slang).
New Yorkers especially, but East US you talk out of your nose. No offence, it's a very naval way of speaking.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Brasso
+1,549|6631

TheAussieReaper wrote:

it's a very naval way of speaking.
really?  i don't think so.  and we're not sailors you twat.

i'll record myself if you want, what do you want me to say?

phishman420 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

alright, let's organize something here.  what would be the best sentence or paragraph to read to demonstrate accents by people who are truly from that region?  i'll gladly do whatever accent i have (tbh, i don't see myself as having one but you might).

then we can put em on youtube or something.
lez do it. I don't think I have an accent either, so let's let other people be the judge.
from GA?  i want to hear this, you practically have to have an accent.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2009-01-28 15:21:41)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

phishman420 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

alright, let's organize something here.  what would be the best sentence or paragraph to read to demonstrate accents by people who are truly from that region?  i'll gladly do whatever accent i have (tbh, i don't see myself as having one but you might).

then we can put em on youtube or something.
lez do it. I don't think I have an accent either, so let's let other people be the judge.
The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plains
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6312

haffeysucks wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

"Hey sexy, lookin' for a good time?"
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Never met any New Zealander (or Zealander for that matter).  When I was in Western Samoa I met a Maori dude but he spoke English like an American.  He did teach me a haka though

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2009-01-28 15:35:50)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

ebug9 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

"Hey sexy Gooners, lookin' for a good time?"
imagine how everyone would pronounce Gooners. lol <3
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6633

TheAussieReaper wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Do it Haffey!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England

TheAussieReaper wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Sometimes I imagine everyone's posts as if it were being pronounced like how Dave Chapelle speaks

Check and mate
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Never met any New Zealander (or Zealander for that matter).  When I was in Western Samoa I met a Maori dude but he spoke English like an American.  He did teach me a haka though :awsn:
My flat mate is a Kiwi and the accent gets him a lot of attention from the ladies... lucky cunt!
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6645

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I like Aussie accents on chicks - really hot.  Same with South American, and I met this superhot chick from South Africa a few weeks ago and her accent melted me.  Too bad she had a boyfriend

I'll be in London in mid March, hopefully my SoCal accent (and my boyish good looks) will get me some tail.
Yeah same thing happened to me I was trying to get with this Latina chick but she had bf fucking hell
Too bad she had a boyfriend hmm
Wallpaper
+303|5994|The pool
West coast US, though I guess Im biased

Ataronchronon wrote:

I'm from NY (not the city) and it's kinda weird to think that I have an accent. What's it like?
Awl yawr vawelz awr awver prawnounced
A12345
+77|6470

haffeysucks wrote:

this is turning into a "what do you sound like?" thread, interesting...
phishman420
Banned
+821|5681

Qrite wrote:

ceslayer23 wrote:

NE United States
2 people from Ohio liking a Northeastern accent.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6739|Toronto | Canada

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Canadian (not newfie you faggots), because you have no accent and people can actually understand what the fuck you are saying.

/something
Yeah, apparently we have the least accent out of everyone.  Though our vowels are a lot softer and we say out differently...
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6645

phishman420 wrote:

Qrite wrote:

ceslayer23 wrote:

NE United States
2 people from Ohio liking a Northeastern accent.
yeah I lived in Ohio for a period of time then when I moved to Indiana everyone was like u have an accent Im like wtf no I dont lolz screw u I guess its how u pronounce certain words with a dialect

Last edited by blademaster (2009-01-28 15:45:56)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

I love women with Polish accents. I guess thats my fetish.
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5595|Dublin, Ireland
I like the accent the Scandanavians put on when they try to speak English, and South African.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6392|Southern California

Winston_Churchill wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Canadian (not newfie you faggots), because you have no accent and people can actually understand what the fuck you are saying.

/something
Yeah, apparently we have the least accent out of everyone.  Though our vowels are a lot softer and we say out differently...
Is noob from Canadia?  They definitely have one...

Pretty much everyone does, because we all have different ways of pronouncing things, even in the same language... So what ever is not your way sounds like an accent.

Girls accents really don't do anything for me... Its not usually a turn off, but not a + either...

But Irish people sound badass

(british people sound stupid, but thats mainly just because of all your dumb slang)
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6739|Toronto | Canada

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

/something
Is noob from Canadia?  They definitely have one...

Pretty much everyone does, because we all have different ways of pronouncing things, even in the same language... So what ever is not your way sounds like an accent.

Girls accents really don't do anything for me... Its not usually a turn off, but not a + either...

But Irish people sound badass

(british people sound stupid, but thats mainly just because of all your dumb slang)
I dont know, people from all over tell me I don't have an accent. Apparently Canadians are used for broadcasters all over since they are the easiest to understand, I think its kinda lame, I wish we had a sweet accent
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5981|Toronto
I used to have a massive french accent. I can still do it, but it's no longer detectable in most my speech. However, I've been told I can do a Russian one pretty good.
In the women, I like a Russian one, or perhaps other Eastern European. And they tend to be hornier.

Last edited by TSI (2009-01-28 19:15:06)

I like pie.
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6445|EE Chat
Californian. Not really the accent as much as the words, chicks out of California love it.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
I like most southern US accents. Something warm about 'em. I also like the 19th century western frontiersman accent. Something one of Twain's characters might have.

I also like something that isn't quite English, isn't quite Irish, it's just fucking Pikey.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum

Superior Mind wrote:

I like most southern US accents. Something warm about 'em. I also like the 19th century western frontiersman accent. Something one of Twain's characters might have.

I also like something that isn't quite English, isn't quite Irish, it's just fucking Pikey.
tinker!

Last edited by FatherTed (2009-01-28 19:58:54)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
Is for me mahhhh.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard