sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina
The other day I was at a tourism convention and I couldn't help to hear what a jerk was saying.  He said "Jews are the main threat to world peace, take a look at what they did to Gaza".   So, I went "Excuse me?  What the hell are you talking about?  What Jews?  I'm Jew (yeah I used that).  You are confusing Israel and Jews.  Israel is a fucking country and Judaism is a Religion (I reckon to me it's more a heritage thing).  Then, the guy goes "well, I'm sorry, but your people are killing innocent Palestinians right now, so yeah, Jews are a threat and besides this war cost me a lot of money".  The war in Gaza brought a lot of cancelled trips to the Middle East, which translated in a huge loss for the industry.   I replied "listen Hitler I won't argue with a moron like you about generalizations and other stuff, but I kindly ask you to shut the fuck up or else".  The guy remains silent for a while and then he said "the true hurts I guess".  The thing is I couldn't make a scandal in front of all the people that know me in the business, so I left the place very pissed off. 

Now, even when this guy was a complete jerk I must admit Israel isn't helping the Jews cause.  In fact, their actions are incresing anti-Semitism, and this can't be accepted.  That's why a lot of Jews around the world are against the actions and crimes carried out by Israel.  Thanks Israel.

Last edited by sergeriver (2009-01-28 02:39:48)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

sergeriver wrote:

The other day I was at a tourism convention and I couldn't help to hear what a jerk was saying.  He said "Jews are the main threat to world peace, take a look at what they did to Gaza".   So, I went "Excuse me?  What the hell are you talking about?  What Jews?  I'm Jew (yeah I used that).  You are confusing Israel and Jews.  Israel is a fucking country and Judaism is a Religion (I reckon to me it's more a heritage thing).  Then, the guy goes "well, I'm sorry, but your people are killing innocent Palestinians right now, so yeah, Jews are a threat and besides this war cost me a lot of money".  The war in Gaza brought a lot of cancelled trips to the Middle East, which translated in a huge loss for the industry.   I replied "listen Hitler I won't argue with a moron like you about generalizations and other stuff, but I kindly ask you to shut the fuck up or else".  The guy remains silent for a while and then he said "the true hurts I guess".  The thing is I couldn't make a scandal in front of all the people that know me in the business, so I left the place very pissed off. 

Now, even when this guy was a complete jerk I must admit Israel isn't helping the Jews cause.  In fact, their actions are incresing anti-Semitism, and this can't be accepted.  That's why a lot of Jews around the world are against the actions and crimes carried out by Israel.  Thanks Israel.
I could have sworn you were once Catholic.

Anyway, yeah if your country is largely one race or religious group your entire race or religion is going to get blamed for whatever your country does.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

uevjHEYFFQ wrote:

I could have sworn you were once Catholic.
My mother's Catholic, my father is Jew and I'm agnostic.
Lisik
+74|6499|Israel

sergeriver wrote:

Thanks Israel.
You welcome.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

Lisik wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Thanks Israel.
You welcome.
Do you think you're funny?  People are being called things just because of what your country is doing.  I don't want to be persecuted for having a Jewish last name.  Keep the good things coming Israel.

Last edited by sergeriver (2009-01-28 03:02:01)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

sergeriver wrote:

People are being called things just because of what your country is doing.
That's nothing new. While I do sympathise you would have been better to not waste your time on someone who obviously has no f- idea what he is talking about.

You'd think being at a tourism convention he'd be a little more tolerant. lol
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

TheAussieReaper wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

People are being called things just because of what your country is doing.
That's nothing new. While I do sympathise you would have been better to not waste your time on someone who obviously has no f- idea what he is talking about.

You'd think being at a tourism convention he'd be a little more tolerant. lol
People will be tolerant as long as you don't touch their wallet.  This guy belongs to the tourism industry, and the war wasn't very good for tourism.  And you find jerks everywhere anyway.
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5859
you were correct in saying to him that Israel and Judaism are 2 separate things.

i went to the London protest 2 weeks back, there was about 100,000 people, i met many jews and Israeli's against the massacre in gaza, i had a chat with a few and seem to share the same disgust as many of us.

Last edited by rammunition (2009-01-28 03:39:05)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

You know 100,00 people equals 100 people right ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6409|'Murka

An underinformed prick who doesn't let facts stand in the way of his flawed opinion...

He's a perfect fit for the BF2S D&ST conspiracy club.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5859

Varegg wrote:

trust me, the police estimated 50,000 but they always under estimate the turn outs.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
If they say shit like that, hell why don't we say all Muslims were responsible for 9/11 and just make the whole ME a glass crater.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6367
Like in the bible

"The chosen people will always be tested with hardships and faith!"

wat?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
Israel is the jewish homeland, you can expect people to identify the actions of Israel with jews in general.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command
Sounds like your day went much like a lot of your threads here mate.

Sorry to hear that.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6540|Texas - Bigger than France
Serge, all you have to do is quit killing Arabs.

I'm with Dilbert on this one - most people don't make the distinction between Israel and Jews, and obviously the guy was talking about Israelis and not you personally.

lol @ "listen Hitler"

Remember the golden rule - most people have a stick up their ass.  Most of the time it's best not to disturb the stick.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
Meh, he has a point. Jews and Arabs though, not just Jews. Most Jews live in Israel or the USA, they're the ones that are causing the most problems with regards to problems in the ME. With AIPAC/Massive Jewish influence in US policy creating problems for the US in......alot of things in the ME/World. And Israel, no need to explain that. I think it's about 80% of Jews worldwide live in Israel or the USA, perhaps he is generalising alot and being stupid, and yes there have been quite alot of Jews protesting etc.. the fact still is that most Jews do infact support what Israel do (like I said, most Jews live in Israel/USA, and most of them are thoroughly pro Israel to the extent of extremism like their Arab brethren). Considering that Jews are a small % of the world population with regards to religion, they certainly cause alot of problems considering their size....
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6517|Πάϊ

Varegg wrote:

Actually it's more like the other way around. Around here at least, the police always announce less people so as to diminish the protests in the eyes of those who weren't there. It works like an avalanche and they know it. The more popular a cause, the more people are inclined to support it.
ƒ³
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6487|Gogledd Cymru

What Varegg meant by that is;

In mainland Europe they use a decimal point where we use a comma to separate thousands/millions/billions etc.

To him 100,000 is 100.000 and vice versa, nothing to do with the actual protest.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6517|Πάϊ
ooow naaaw i geddit!!!

see why youre member of the year <3
ƒ³
CameronPoe
+2,925|6553
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3533/3185894286_2e281d33ae.jpg?v=0

Buuuuuuurrrnnnn em....

I wouldn't worry Serge - the world is full of low intel douche nozzles.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-01-28 10:40:41)

Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6540|Texas - Bigger than France
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3533/3185894286_2e281d33ae.jpg?v=0

That lady is sure having fun.  Party party party
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5859
i had a chat with 2 Jewish women from this organisation at the protest, both where from london, they where telling me that they are against the attacks, aren't Zionists and stuff like that.

Last edited by rammunition (2009-01-28 10:59:18)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

The Sheriff wrote:

In mainland Europe they use a decimal point where we use a comma to separate thousands/millions/billions etc.

To him 100,000 is 100.000 and vice versa, nothing to do with the actual protest.
It's honestly fine with me if you crackheads write 10.000 as 100,00 ... a little confusing but then again i wasn't even nominated as member of the year
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England

Varegg wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

It's honestly fine with me if you crackheads write 10.000 as 100,00 ... a little confusing but then again i wasn't even nominated as member of the year
Writing 10.000 as 100,00. If by 10.000 you mean 10,000 and not 100,00. Cos then otherwise they're totally different numbers. Whereas 10.000 and 10,000 can be seen as the same number. 10.000 and 100,00 is definitely not. 100,00 is just wrong in any form anyway.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard