Poll

Vote for your choice for Biggest Letdown!

Grand Theft Auto IV19%19% - 29
LittleBigPlanet4%4% - 6
Spore43%43% - 64
Fallout 38%8% - 12
Far Cry 224%24% - 36
Total: 147
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/osgood35nyi/GOTY.png

Welcome to the BF2s Video Game Awards 2008, brought to you by Poseidon and Miggle. Vote for your favorite!

This category is for: Biggest Letdown!

Happy voting and thanks for participating!

Polls will close at 10:00 PM EST on January 31st.

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-01-28 19:10:29)

Stimey
­
+786|6119|Ontario | Canada
Spore.
Wasn't expecting much, but I got absolutely nothing. Glad I didn't pay for that game.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691

Stimey wrote:

Spore.
Wasn't expecting much, but I got absolutely nothing. Glad I didn't pay for that game.
Yeah. Too bad really... the idea had HUGE potential.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

Spore - for so many reasons.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
LBP...wasn't the supposed innovation of the millenium it was made out to be. I hate hype.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

I hate hype.
loled.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

I hate hype.
loled.
Well, I hate TOO much hype. I don't mind some, certainly (and obviously)... but the hype for games like LBP, KZ2 and Gears 2 kill it for me.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85
Spore for letdown of the decade.
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6170|New Austin, Not
Where is Mercs 2 lol
Stimey
­

Rohirm wrote:

Where is Mercs 2 lol
Fuck off. Mah Bro and I had the greatest time ever with that game.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Shadow893
lel
+75|6691|England
FarCry 2 because I haven't played Spore
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

I'm going for Spore. Getting that game in the mail was getting a Wonka ticket in a regular candy bar...until you actually started playing single player. Cell stage was over before I finished a single mug of cocoa, and opposing creature balance was tipped way too much against your favor, even during a reattempt in easy mode. I bought the expansion because I still like modeling aliens without being distracted by the rigorously-distracting functions of 3ds Max. But every time I play it, I'm reminded of of all the fun I should be having actually making my creatures interact with the game world.

Self-perpetuating fail.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina
Gta Iv.

LBP a letdown?  Why?  Coz it didn't sell 5M copies?  It sold more than 2M already.  And I bet people voting for it didn't play the game.  It's really a great game.  Meh.

Last edited by sergeriver (2009-01-28 02:03:45)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone
Fallout 3 ~ the hype, the reviews the praise... then... what?

A substandard RPG with poor story and ever so frustrating guns which just don't work.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

DrunkFace wrote:

A substandard RPG with poor story and ever so frustrating guns which just don't work.
Uh?

DrunkFace wrote:

No if and/or buts about it. 08 kind of stunk for games releases, only 2 games worth playing at all were GTA IV and FO3.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone

sergeriver wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Uh?

DrunkFace wrote:

No if and/or buts about it. 08 kind of stunk for games releases, only 2 games worth playing at all were GTA IV and FO3.
Substandard may have been the wrong word... below average may have worked better. But from what people have been saying and the praise it has had I expected it to be brilliant. And it just wasn't even close. Playable yes, somewhat enjoyable yes... but frustrating and pretty poor story compared to other 'good' RPGs I've played.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

DrunkFace wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Uh?

DrunkFace wrote:

Substandard may have been the wrong word... below average may have worked better. But from what people have been saying and the praise it has had I expected it to be brilliant. And it just wasn't even close. Playable yes, somewhat enjoyable yes... but frustrating and pretty poor story compared to other 'good' RPGs I've played.
Yet you said the only 2 games worthy from 2008 were GTA IV and Fallout 3.  Tbh, 2008 was the best year for gaming so far.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
Oh wow, a poll without Fallout 3 in it? Do you realise that you pretty much have the same games in every single poll? I mean I guess I'm not surprised seeing as it's "brought to us by Posiedon and Miggle"
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6488|Gogledd Cymru

Shut up Skittles you don't know much about games anyway.

Last edited by The Sheriff (2009-01-28 07:26:22)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
ahahaha
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

Ehem ...
<------ this tbh
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6550|Scotland
Would have to say GTAIV, what's the point getting a fucking game what won't run without looking quite crap with a good system.

I don't care if it's designed for next gen systems, I want a game to run now. Not buy it and have to wait.

E6850 and 4870 btw.

Far Cry 2 was second, all though good and quite fun. Checkpoints and a few other things spoil it.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum

White-Fusion wrote:

Would have to say GTAIV, what's the point getting a fucking game what won't run without looking quite crap with a good system.

I don't care if it's designed for next gen systems, I want a game to run now. Not buy it and have to wait.

E6850 and 4870 btw.

Far Cry 2 was second, all though good and quite fun. Checkpoints and a few other things spoil it.
Looks pretty on the xbox
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6550|Scotland

FatherTed wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

E6850 and 4870 btw.

Looks pretty on the xbox
Exactly, it looks fine on the PS3 and Xbox, yet a PC with more power and capable of playing games with way better graphics can't handle it.

Stupid move in my opinion, I don't care if the game looks bloody awesome with a new PC next year, Your going to be done the game by then and there will be games that look better.
Stimey
­
Ya Rockstar really fucked up the PC port.
­
­
­
­
­
­

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard