+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

Gooners wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Gooners wrote:

I'm thinking of buying this guys :

Nikon D40x

and

Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens
Good deal if Nikon stands behind it. You might want something other than a tele though. I have the same lens and I could never use it as my primary. .. will it work with a Nikon?
Shiiiieeett, my dad picked it. He used to be into camera's and whatnot. We have a Canon EOS SLR (Not digital )

Wait, I chose the wrong lense :S lool.
Well at least we caught it first .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6623

Kmarion wrote:

Gooners wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Good deal if Nikon stands behind it. You might want something other than a tele though. I have the same lens and I could never use it as my primary. .. will it work with a Nikon?
Shiiiieeett, my dad picked it. He used to be into camera's and whatnot. We have a Canon EOS SLR (Not digital )

Wait, I chose the wrong lense :S lool.
Well at least we caught it first .
aha

We'll buy it soon. Not like next week hehe
zeidmaan
+234|6406|Vienna

Bought a Nikon D40 couple of days ago

Joined the flickr group just now.

I have few general questions for you with DSLRs.
With the camera I got this bag thats kind of like V shaped. Which means that the lens goes in first when I put it in the bag. Will this be a problem?
Also when I know I wont be using it for couple of days should I take the lens off maybe? Should I take the battery out? I will think of more questions
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6712|Sydney, Australia

zeidmaan wrote:

With the camera I got this bag thats kind of like V shaped. Which means that the lens goes in first when I put it in the bag. Will this be a problem?
Also when I know I wont be using it for couple of days should I take the lens off maybe? Should I take the battery out? I will think of more questions
Cool. Hope you are having fun with it.

Your camera bag should be fine. I think I know what you are talking about, and as long as the camera and lens fits in snugly there shouldn't be a problem.

I don't really bother taking my lenses off if I'm planning on not using the gear. If you just keep it in your camera bag, it'll be fine. Just make sure you have the lens cap on, to stop anything in your camera bag from scratching the front lens element.

Keep the battery in the camera. Hell, I leave my camera (EOS 40D) on, and let it stay in the sleep mode. That way, I can grab my camera and have it ready to shoot in less than a second.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

zeidmaan wrote:

Added

mcminty wrote:

That way, I can grab my camera and have it ready to shoot in less than a second.
Instead of 1.74 seconds? ..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
mcminty

Kmarion wrote:

mcminty wrote:

That way, I can grab my camera and have it ready to shoot in less than a second.
Instead of 1.74 seconds? ..lol
Yup.

According to canon the start up time is 0.15s. Damn fast!
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6303

I just got a Premium account
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6623

ebug9 wrote:

I just got a Premium account
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

I threw some Shuttle pictures from yesterday in there and a vid.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

Here is a quick little tip for those of you wanting to display your pictures at the maximum resolution (within the window size constraints).
http://stormsurge.us/fe/fe.htm

http://enlarger.myd3.com/
Xbone Stormsurgezz
zeidmaan
+234|6406|Vienna

since its the first day of spring how about we see some spring pictures...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

zeidmaan wrote:

since its the first day of spring how about we see some spring pictures...
Looks just like yesterday .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6303

I Just got back from Dominican today around 8:30pm. I posted a few pics tonight. I'll add the rest tomorrow
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

ebug9 wrote:

I Just got back from Dominican today around 8:30pm. I posted a few pics tonight. I'll add the rest tomorrow
Did you pool them?

If you would have gotten there a day earlier you might have seen the shuttle.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
mcminty

Kmarion wrote:

http://i.gizmodo.com/5182772/canon-rebel-t1i-hands+on-50ds-sensor-1080p-vids-899-
whatcha think mcminty?
I was gonna call some kinda belated april fools... but it is on www.dpreview.com.. so.. >_>

Looks like they have jammed an impressive amount of stuff in there. That being said, I'm happy with what I currently have.. I would prefer to spend my monies on new lenses or lighting gear.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6488

mcminty wrote:

That being said, I'm happy with what I currently have.. I would prefer to spend my monies on new lenses or lighting gear.
dam, my xsi is less than 5 weeks old, and my wife got her Xs (1000d) yesterday. we are sharing lenses, recently picked up a 50mm.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

mcminty wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

http://i.gizmodo.com/5182772/canon-rebel-t1i-hands+on-50ds-sensor-1080p-vids-899-
whatcha think mcminty?
I was gonna call some kinda belated april fools... but it is on www.dpreview.com.. so.. >_>

Looks like they have jammed an impressive amount of stuff in there. That being said, I'm happy with what I currently have.. I would prefer to spend my monies on new lenses or lighting gear.
I'm due for an upgrade.. I'm on the 3 year plan.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
mcminty

Kmarion wrote:

I'm due for an upgrade.. I'm on the 3 year plan.
Ah righty, that sounds like a decent upgrade then
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6528|Long Island, New York
I signed up. Don't have a good camera or anything but Icatch a lot of shots on my iPhone from when I'm traveling around.

Added a picture of the ESB I took when I was in NYC the other day.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

I signed up. Don't have a good camera or anything but Icatch a lot of shots on my iPhone from when I'm traveling around.

Added Poseidon
Xbone Stormsurgezz
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6303

I should've gotten some pictures today while it was bright and sunny. It's supposed to rain till Tuesday, then we're expecting scattered snow flurries on Wednesday No sun till Friday
Brasso
+1,549|6621

Poseidon wrote:

lawl empire state building.  how come you didnt visit me while you were at it?

Last edited by haffeysucks (2009-04-05 21:02:37)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6528|Long Island, New York

haffeysucks wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

because I don't think asking my teacher if I could see my azn internet friend in connecticut in the middle of a class trip would go over so well
Brasso
+1,549|6621

Poseidon wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

because I don't think asking my teacher if I could see my azn internet friend in connecticut in the middle of a class trip would go over so well
o lol
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard