Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6761|Scotland

I have been following this for quite some time, not really in depth per se, but one of my partners keeps bugging me about it.

I looked into it and I must say, if these guys pull this off, then WOW ( pun intended ) will be it be a good game.

I was never really into MMORPGs, but this looks real nice. Not like WoW ( not hatin', just expressin' ) where most of the things are done by clicking and waiting. This is more "you're in the action, do what you must" sort of scenario.

You can build empires, armies, your own weapons, go out to sea... Basically anything you can dream of.

Like I said, if they pull this off, it could be massive.

It was meant to be released yesterday, but they delayed the date till February ( I still doubt it coming out then ) and they have just started private beta today...

I must say, if there is any game this year which could be immense, it is this.

I would like to post more, but it's best if you just browse the site yourselves, it's very interesting, if somewhat lacking in content.

Galleries are here
http://www.darkfallonline.com/gallery/visuals

And
http://www.darkfallonline.com/

I suggest you check it out, even if you aren't an MMORPG fan.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6535|Boston, MA
Sounds pretty cool but I don't think my computer would be able to handle it.

Any word on the specs? Also any idea what the monthly fee would cost? I'd assume the regular $15/month. As much as I'm enjoying not paying a monthly fee since I stopped playing WoW almost a year ago, I might get this one since it sounds my skill oriented.
Stimey
­
+786|6125|Ontario | Canada
Nothing is gonna topple WOW.
Looks cool though.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6761|Scotland

According to beta testers, it can run on low end PCs very well. Nothing has been mentioned about the fee just yet.

I think that the designers claim it's a very "scalable" game and can be run on a number of system, even shit ones.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6551
Wikipedia claims it is an open beta. Was about to sign up and the site started to timeout.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6761|Scotland

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Wikipedia claims it is an open beta. Was about to sign up and the site started to timeout.
People started getting pissed at Adventurine because they promised beta today and they weren't going to do it till someone started giving them DOS attacks. Lulz.
The server is getting fucked atm by lots of haters.

It's not an open beta. You have to physically sign an NDA form and scan it and send it to them before you can even play it.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6737|St. Andrews / Oslo

It's made by Norwegians, you know
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Ioan92
+337|5728
But why nobody does something more plausible? I mean I could get into those games if it wasn't for the utter fantasy gayness.

Why no modern or realistic futuristic? Can someone explain me why those game have such pussy gay settings? I'm lost.

You can build empires, armies, your own weapons, go out to sea... Basically anything you can dream of.
But can u raep?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6505|so randum

Ioan92 wrote:

But why nobody does something more plausible? I mean I could get into those games if it wasn't for the utter fantasy gayness.

Why no modern or realistic futuristic? Can someone explain me why those game have such pussy gay settings? I'm lost.

But can u raep?
check EVE. It's almost conceivable.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Ioan92
+337|5728

FatherTed wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

But can u raep?
Nice thanks.
SizzlingMidget
+39|6305|UK
Lol, I have been following this game since january of 2006.  Should be a lot of fun if they deliver on everything that they promise.

Last edited by SizzlingMidget (2009-01-22 15:05:17)

iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6551

Ioan92 wrote:

But can u raep?
Because the main demographic is nerdy roleplaying people who are drawn to that setting. Anarchy Online was a more futuristic mmorpg revolving around firearms but still couldn't escape from having spell casting, people turning in to giant wolves, etc...
Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
+56|6279|Outside your Back window

Ioan92 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

But can u raep?
Nice thanks.
Im with you on that one, I dont want to fuck about with spells and pixies and elves. And i dont want to be in a land called Mordor or faggotopia.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6505|so randum

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Nice thanks.
Im with you on that one, I dont want to fuck about with spells and pixies and elves. And i dont want to be in a land called Mordor or faggotopia.
No, you want to be in massive spaceships firing missiles at each other, and warping around
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6551

FatherTed wrote:

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

Nice thanks.
No, you want to be in massive spaceships firing missiles at each other, and warping around
That game looks a bit slow and boring tbh. All I ever see are stationary ship models making flare effects. I know there is more to the game than that but I wouldn't call it action packed.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6505|so randum

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

That game looks a bit slow and boring tbh. All I ever see are stationary ship models making flare effects. I know there is more to the game than that but I wouldn't call it action packed.
sa'll about playing with mates
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6767

Ioan92 wrote:

because people buy that crap for some reason.  dont make sense to me either.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6411|NSW, Australia

but do you have to pay monthly?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6761|Scotland

XxRavenxX wrote:

but do you have to pay monthly?
Nobody knows yet.
Mugen
+19|6004
isn't it supposed to hit shelves in a couple of weeks?
and nothing is known about any eventual subscriptions?

yea, in that case it'll surely deliver everything they've promised, just like WAR, AoC, uh well nearly most of the muhmmorpehgers
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6761|Scotland

Mugen wrote:

isn't it supposed to hit shelves in a couple of weeks?
and nothing is known about any eventual subscriptions?

yea, in that case it'll surely deliver everything they've promised, just like WAR, AoC, uh well nearly most of the muhmmorpehgers
Don't put it down just yet. It's going to release in a month.
SizzlingMidget
+39|6305|UK
Yes you will have to pay monthly, should be around the standard fee for MMOs atm, whatever that happens to be.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6137|Scotland!
I was excited about this when it was hyped like 5 years ago

the movement looks terrible and the graphics must be outdated by now. i'll give it a miss.
Kurse
The Black Wizards
+16|6738|California
Looks really generic from all the videos I saw. As much as I'd love to see something other than WoW succeed, I don't think Darkfall will find any more success than AoC did.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard