Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6819|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

I thought you were gunna get serious?

As the letter points out. It isn't the poor that drives the economic engine. It is the achievers, the builders. Giving money to the poor does nothing for the economy. Giving it to those that will build businesses that provide jobs, is what drives our economy.
And who gives the businesses the money to pay their employees, lowing?

THE CUSTOMERS

As the Reapster says - giving money to the poor works because they SPEND IT - they spend it on the products that are produced by the companies that, and this is the only correct thing you've stated all thread, do indeed drive the economy.

NO CUSTOMERS (or only 'potential customers' with no money)=NO INCOME=NO COMPANY
The poor spend money? How so, the poor, by definition, have no money.

I love how you want to "GIVE" the poor money. Any chance you support people actually EARNING money? Who do you suppose are the big "GIVERS" to the poor, and where do these "GIVERS" EARN their money to just GIVE away to the poor? Do ya think these giver might want a say in what happens to the money they earn? MAybe these earners might want to keep it for themselves or put it to a better use like re-investment into what they have build. Just guessing
So what is your solution for the poor an unabled lowing? ... let them just starv to death?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

So?  This is a fake letter that's all over the internet, and even if it was true, who cares it still is a generalization.
I am asking you to ponder the fact that it is real people that build businesses and make real sacrifices for their businesses to grow. I am asking you to ponder that, even if the letter is not true, that its contents is true.  I want you to ponder how the entitlement administration is going to affect small businesses all over the country.
I see where you're coming from.  Isn't it you the one thta's constantly lecturing about personal responsibilities, yet you are going to place the blame on a new administration the very same day it's taking the office.
I remember his campaign, I remember he is a liberal, thsat is why I said "IS GOING TO AFFECT" and not "what it has affected."
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6162|what

lowing wrote:

I love how you want to "GIVE" the poor money. Any chance you support people actually EARNING money? Who do you suppose are the big "GIVERS" to the poor, and where do these "GIVERS" EARN their money to just GIVE away to the poor? Do ya think these giver might want a say in what happens to the money they earn? MAybe these earners might want to keep it for themselves or put it to a better use like re-investment into what they have build. Just guessing
The rich, by definition, have lots of money.

I love how you want to "GIVE" more money to the rich. Any chance they actually spend some of that saved up cash? Where do you suppose the money flows to when its "GIVEN" to the poor, and where do the poor SPEND their money? Do ya think these poor people are going to buy from other poor people? Maybe they can just magically survive with no money at all and give it to the rich to put it to a better use like another beach side resort to retire into. Just guessing.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6009|...

Varegg wrote:

So what is your solution for the poor an unabled lowing? ... let them just starv to death?
Create jobs for the poor. Giving them money solves nothing.

I suppose you mean the disabled? government support, or, if they're able to work - make them (there are lots of jobs one can still perform when in a wheelchair.)

seriously disabled - government support. How does the government generate money? taxing. How do you make sure, as a government, that you can tax more money? by letting businesses expand. This will enable them to generate more money, which is in direct relation to how much the government can tax. Not only that, they provide jobs.
inane little opines
Varegg
+2,206|6819|Nårvei

dayarath wrote:

Varegg wrote:

I suppose you mean the disabled? government support, or, if they're able to work - make them (there are lots of jobs one can still perform when in a wheelchair.)

seriously disabled - government support. How does the government generate money? taxing. How do you make sure, as a government, that you can tax more money? by letting businesses expand. This will enable them to generate more money, which is in direct relation to how much the government can tax. Not only that, they provide jobs.
Last time i checked you are not lowing
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

And who gives the businesses the money to pay their employees, lowing?

THE CUSTOMERS

As the Reapster says - giving money to the poor works because they SPEND IT - they spend it on the products that are produced by the companies that, and this is the only correct thing you've stated all thread, do indeed drive the economy.

NO CUSTOMERS (or only 'potential customers' with no money)=NO INCOME=NO COMPANY

My solution? Easy, take care of the "unabled" and let the "unwilling" starve. See how reasonable I can be?
More importantly, your lack of argument against my post, is it because you agree with it even if you hate to?
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)

TheAussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

I love how you want to "GIVE" more money to the rich. Any chance they actually spend some of that saved up cash? Where do you suppose the money flows to when its "GIVEN" to the poor, and where do the poor SPEND their money? Do ya think these poor people are going to buy from other poor people? Maybe they can just magically survive with no money at all and give it to the rich to put it to a better use like another beach side resort to retire into. Just guessing.
Exactly.

A single individual poor person may not have very much available cash at any particular time, but a) there are millions of them and b) they don't have very much spare cash because they spend all the cash they can get, JUST SURVIVING!

Give money to a poor person and it will go straight into the economy.

Give money to a rich person and it will go straight into their pocket.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6009|...

TheAussieReaper wrote:

No, he's on about that you should "GIVE" money to small businesses, companies and so on.

I love how short sighted you actually are. How does giving money to the employer solve ANYTHING? that's just a temporary boost in how much they can spend. The stability of their job is WAY more important, give them a durable source of income which they can spend.
inane little opines
Varegg
+2,206|6819|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

My solution? Easy, take care of the "unabled" and let the "unwilling" starve. See how reasonable I can be?
More importantly, your lack of argument against my post, is it because you agree with it even if you hate to?
I adressed the OP on the previous page but here is a resume: The letter is fake aka hardly worth discussing.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6009|...

Varegg wrote:

no but I'm defending his point of view on this one.

Varegg wrote:

I adressed the OP on the previous page but here is a resume: The letter is fake aka hardly worth discussing.
how does the letter being fake make it not worth discussing? ALOT of employers find themselves in this position. The letter may be fake, but it is very related to the current state of the economy.

Last edited by dayarath (2009-01-20 06:17:32)

inane little opines
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

Varegg wrote:

dayarath wrote:

Varegg wrote:

I agree actually. Create jobs, not gift bags
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Why? Even if it was not written to a group of employees, its contents make sense and does apply to small business owners and company builders

Can you not argue on the fact that it CAN be true?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6162|what

lowing wrote:

Why? Even if it was not written to a group of employees, its contents make sense and does apply to small business owners and company builders
No it doesn't. Small business owners such as dayarath's mother don't have the luxury of firing everyone and living life in a beach side resort.
PureFodder
+225|6295
Inequality is at it's highest post war level.
Taxes on the top few percent are about their lowest in the post war period.
Productivity has consistantly grown throughout the post war period, but since the 80s the majority of workers have seen wage stagnation despite producing significantly more money for their bosses.
Hours worked by employees are at their highest levels in the post war period, despite this their wages have stagnated. Unpaid hours have skyrocketed.

Basically, to the person in the letter:

Your father had to build his business in far more difficult circumstances than you and yet he did it without crying or running away to Mexico. Grow a pair and get back to work. Nobody forced you to set up a business. If you hate it that much then don't do it. Believe me, there are plenty of less whinging people who will be happy to take your market share.

@Lowing, you blame unemployed people for somehow causing great harm to the US, and yet most analysts will say that unemployment has been approximately the desired level through most of the last 20 years. The FED had often taken steps to increase unemployment by raising interest rates because too many people had jobs.

Rich people are literally better off paying around 5% of the potential workforce to stay at home than they would be if they all had to work.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6009|...

TheAussieReaper wrote:

No it doesn't. Small business owners such as dayarath's mother don't have the luxury of firing everyone and living life in a beach side resort.
That's just about the most irrelevant part of the whole letter. And I seriously doubt that any small business owner is capable of even doing that. Long before their company fails many have already stuck their whole pension / savings into what was left of it.
inane little opines
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

TheAussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Maybe not, but there are plenty of small business owners that can sell out and do just that. So apparently this letter was not written by dayrath's mother. So now what?
Varegg
+2,206|6819|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

No ... you can't asume a fake situation and debate it like it's true ...

The case you describe and the situation we are in right now is a very untypical situation and untypical solutions are debated, both workers and businesses will have to tighten their belts in the times ahead ...
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6655

lowing wrote:

The economy doesn't pose a threat to your job. What does threaten your job however, is the changing political landscape in this country.
The political landscape over the last 8 years is what created this problem. A "conservative" administration has increased the size of government more than ever and let spending get out of control. We're $10 trillion in debt and nearing a $1 trillion deficit. You can only inflate a bubble so much before it pops. Sucks for you. Just make sure you're blaming the right person.

Also, this tax policy alone is not going to affect your business as much as you think. With bailouts, stimulus checks, and new tax policies, we're essentially taking water from one side of the lake and pouring it into the other. Your taxes are higher, but your 2.2 million customers have more buying power.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2009-01-20 06:28:19)

Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

As someone who is in the process of starting up in business, I say it's total and utter bollox.

If the government wants to give me (the business) money, fine, but what am I going to do with it?

Buy company assets - forever locking that money up.

But, as some who is poor, I can also say it's total and utter bollox.

If the government wants to give me (the poor person) money, fine, but what am I going to do with it?

Buy food - realising that money into the economy.

Money needs to move for it to have power. Static money (assets) becomes increasingly worthless.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6162|what

TheAussieReaper wrote:

dayarath wrote:

And I seriously doubt that any small business owner is capable of even doing that. Long before their company fails many have already stuck their whole pension / savings into what was left of it.

lowing wrote:

Maybe not, but there are plenty of small business owners that can sell out and do just that. So apparently this letter was not written by dayrath's mother. So now what?
Wow you guys are giving such conflicting arguments, it's hard to tell what your trying to prove.

Last edited by TheAussieReaper (2009-01-20 06:29:38)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

PureFodder wrote:

Inequality is at it's highest post war level.
Taxes on the top few percent are about their lowest in the post war period.
Productivity has consistantly grown throughout the post war period, but since the 80s the majority of workers have seen wage stagnation despite producing significantly more money for their bosses.
Hours worked by employees are at their highest levels in the post war period, despite this their wages have stagnated. Unpaid hours have skyrocketed.

Basically, to the person in the letter:

Your father had to build his business in far more difficult circumstances than you and yet he did it without crying or running away to Mexico. Grow a pair and get back to work. Nobody forced you to set up a business. If you hate it that much then don't do it. Believe me, there are plenty of less whinging people who will be happy to take your market share.

@Lowing, you blame unemployed people for somehow causing great harm to the US, and yet most analysts will say that unemployment has been approximately the desired level through most of the last 20 years. The FED had often taken steps to increase unemployment by raising interest rates because too many people had jobs.

Rich people are literally better off paying around 5% of the potential workforce to stay at home than they would be if they all had to work.
Can't find where I said this --------------> "blame unemployed people for somehow causing great harm to the US"

Don't make the mistake of thinking unemployment and financial irresponsibility are one in the same. Simply at the basic level, I blame people for not paying their bills.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

TheAussieReaper wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

dayarath wrote:

And I seriously doubt that any small business owner is capable of even doing that. Long before their company fails many have already stuck their whole pension / savings into what was left of it.

lowing wrote:

Wow you guys are giving such conflicting arguments, it's hard to tell what your trying to prove.
No I didn't say close the doors and retire on the beach. I said SELL OUT and retire on the beach.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6009|...

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Your taxes are higher, but your 2.2 million customers have more buying power.
and for how long? when does the government money run out- and on top of that, will it be enough buying power to make small businesses expand?

Because of the media scare, I even think that most people will end up trying to save that money instead of spending it.
inane little opines
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6162|what

lowing wrote:

No I didn't say close the doors and retire on the beach. I said SELL OUT and retire on the beach.
Such a huge change of terms.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6009|...

TheAussieReaper wrote:

He and I are not the same person and not even in the same country.
inane little opines

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard