Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6698|England, GBR
Right. The C4 Glitch.

I can't get my vet C4 at all. Everytime I go to detonate, it turns into another pack and throws it.

I die each time cos of that pack that throws via the glitch.

Someone help.
Electrolux
+2|6712
Same with me I need help! =RD=Volx does it with no problem! how can I do this?
T4rd
+44|6684|West Point, NY
I've had this happen also a lot of times.  It can get very frustrating because this mostly happens when I'm trying to drop C4 onto a tank off of a ledge/balcony and when I switch to the detonator and left click, it drops another friggin pack of C4 and then I gotta run further away and most of the time there's teammates around so I either gotta kill them too or wait til they leave.  Hope this is fixed in the next patch.
Donald O' Brien
+104|6712
I'm not saying this is the absolute truth, but I've noticed that most of the time you drop that extra 'glitch' pack, it actually doesn't exist.  If you wait a second, and look down, chances are it won't be there, because it was a glitch in animation, and not a glitch in the throwing.  Don't hold me to this, it's just an observation I've made...
JimmyFo
+1|6724
For me, it always drops and immediately detonates. I chuck one, right click and left click to detonate before the visuals change - what that does is drop two and detonate both, killing me since the other is at my feet. Sucks.
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6698|England, GBR
It seems to be ok if you leave it for about 3 seconds. Not always, but it minimises the chance of it happening.... But still two things:

1) It shouldn't happen regardless and needs fixing ASAP.
2) How the hell can you get 23 kills with it, never mind 33! - I really can't see getting 5 kills with a claymore or AT mine never mind anywhere near what VET or EXPERT requires.

To round it off... It sucks completely.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6709
procedure for quick detonating c4:
1. throw the c4
2. wait about half -3/4 of a second
3. press the right mouse and immediately left click. It will appear that you throw a second pack but the first will detonate. The second pack doesnt actually exist and will disappear pretty fast.

Go to an empty server and practice for a while. you'll get it.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6688
Sounds gay as hell . Thank god I didn't get this latest patch . If this is a glitchs that sucks . But if was a design change then who ever changed it should have to face a firing squad .
Giant_Squid500
+5|6680|U.S.A.
I get the exact same problem, and I would say about 80% of my C4 kills, I usually get caught in my own blast because of this glitch.
Like I can't even get the basic explosives because of this it seems. Like i'll do a jump throw and stick a tank with C4 then will throw another one and as soon as it sticks I press right click then left click immediatly afterwards so the tank doesn't shoot me and it usually will go back to another C4 pack, or throw a C4 pack or will throw a third C4 pack and detonate on me, killing me and the tank.
It is pretty funny though seeing the tank drivers get super pissed because they didn't have a chance to kill me before I detonated because they think I don't care if I took my own life or not.

Although I never thought of it as a glitch but more as how the game was designed. It makes me feel better knowing that it should be fixable though.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6822
Glitch is good, stops noobs C4 hopping.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6779|AUS, Canberra

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

dam straight greenie, those c4 bitchs have ruined internode 8 karkand server.
-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6802|South Cybertown, Texas
I was a kill away from my Vet. Explosive Ordinance Badge last night when all of a sudden my packs wouldn't go off! I thought it was just lag, so I re-spawn back at base and tried again! NO LUCK! The C4 just wouldn't light up!

Yea, I'm Pissed!

P.S. I don't Whore it ! I use it to the best of my ability for my team

Last edited by -=S8M=-Phoenix (2006-01-29 01:47:16)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6755|The United Center
hmmm, i, along with a lot of other people, have no problems with this 'glitch' you all speak of.  does it affect me?  yes.  did i learn to deal with it?  yes.

there's ways around it.  there's ways you can even exploit it and use it to your advantage. 

personally, i like the glitch.  like greenie said, it discourages people from whoring c4.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6728|Melbourne, Australia
i get this glitch alot to it actully happends everytime i think its thje computers because everytime i chuk 1 i cant switc hto detenator an quikly blow myself up...i h vae to wait a solid 1 and a half seconds to try an detenate and in teh heat of battle thats a long time
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6688
So this is a design change . Too bad . No I'm definiately done playing this game for good . Anyone want a used copy for $2.00 ? that's all it's worth .
Roachy
+0|6671|University of Illinois
In my experience, the C4 is the same as every other weapon in every other FPS to date. It takes time to switch to it, and it takes time to switch to it's secondary function.

Just like using the default assault gun and switching to the grenade-launching function, it's not instantaneous. It's realistic. You can't expect your spec ops guy to reach into his little belt, undo the velcro strap, make sure he's far enough away, all in the heat of battle, in under a second.

"Why's he throw another one then?" you ask. Well I think if it were me, I'd fumble the ball in that situation too.

Tbh though, I've never had him "drop another C4", or "drop a fake one". But then, that's because I've considered that "glitch" to simply be the game carrying out the current weapon's function before it has fully switched to the secondary function.

Again, I don't know anything about this "fake C4" issue. But just like most other games if you give it commands while it's not listening (i.e. during the switching process) something's bound to go wrong. You just have to get the timing down.

I don't know if this applies here too much, but the best example I can think of is in Valve's source games, and even their previous games, when you run, or especially when you go prone, the game doesn't let you use your gun until you are settled on the ground. It takes practice and a skillful operator to learn the timings and know when to fire to get the quickest possible accurate response. If you can't do it right, then 1) get killed, or 2) don't do it.

Last edited by Roachy (2006-01-29 15:41:37)

Giant_Squid500
+5|6680|U.S.A.

Roachy wrote:

Just like using the default assault gun and switching to the grenade-launching function, it's not instantaneous. It's realistic. You can't expect your spec ops guy to reach into his little belt, undo the velcro strap, make sure he's far enough away, all in the heat of battle, in under a second.

"Why's he throw another one then?" you ask. Well I think if it were me, I'd fumble the ball in that situation too.
You act as if this game is realistic...please, don't even get me started on how inaccurate the reload sequences are and how much needless time is taken up by them.

If the SF guys really had to go through all that crap with velcro and stuff then the game would be no fun.  This is still a glitch and it needs to be fixed.
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6698|England, GBR
It's not about whoring or about a guy who can pull out the detonator quickest!

It's about placing 2 on a tank, running away, switching to detonate and it frops another fucking pack?!? It's beyond a joke. I finally got my veteran C4... I swear I would of had 40 kills never mind 33 to get Expert had it not been for this glitch..

Thanks to this shit bug, I just about made 23 kills. I think I got 2 AT too, making 25 kills. Trust me. It's not worth trying until new patch (*hopes they fix it*)
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6705|Germany
I quit using C4 for explosive badges because of this glitch.
I got my basic on Warlord with the jihad technique,the ATV is just perfect for the job.

And yesterday I got my vet explosive(+Good Conduct Medal,that's a quite nice accomplishment) on Karkand using only claymores!
Running through the slaughter-alley and dropping claymores all over the place really does the trick!

Some supports of the enemy team helped me by dropping ammo bags right in front of my feet....5 claymores in such a confined area like the alley on Karkand - that's just shrapnel everywhere!

If C4 pisses you off because of the glitch - give the good old claymore-mine a go.

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-01-29 21:08:47)

TheBeast2116
+0|6679
I always thought this glitch was just lag on my side "shrug"
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6730|Sydney, Australia

the_heart_attack wrote:

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

dam straight greenie, those c4 bitchs have ruined internode 8 karkand server.
Urgh, i had that happen this morning. 3 arseholes on the MEC team did that for about 2 hours. They had perfected thier bullshit - 50 kills and 4 deaths for the best one.

Oh well, these idiots will be out of a job when the next patch/euro force is relaesed. Thats only 8-9 days...
Xristos1
God's Little Squirt
+18|6675|Colorado
Just Keep working at it man... it's a pain in the ass, and you'll die alot, but once you get the hang of it, it does work... I drop a second pack a lot, but it's the glitch and it doesn't blow up... you'll know when you do drop a second pack and if you do... well live or die... whatever gets that damn tank outta there....

Viva C4

"New Patch will hinder things but I will be the ghost that runs by and leaves you a present for your squad to open."
n00b.Worx
+44|6735|West Berlin!
The problem is that EA didn´t talk about fixing this problem in the next patch...Let´s hope they do.
kaptainflam
+2|6722
Hello to all,
I noticed the C4 glitch only on Serveurs with a ping around 120,150ms, if I try on a local server or in solo mode,
I haven't got the glitch, so I think it's relative to lag and server response, just my 2 cents.
Cheers.
KF.
-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6698

Skruples wrote:

procedure for quick detonating c4:
1. throw the c4
2. wait about half -3/4 of a second
3. press the right mouse and immediately left click. It will appear that you throw a second pack but the first will detonate. The second pack doesnt actually exist and will disappear pretty fast.

Go to an empty server and practice for a while. you'll get it.
i can do it fine but how do u get it to go the farthest distance away from you? when i do it, i always either take damage or end up dying myself.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard