elite
+89|6716|Sheffield, England
challenger 2 tank is the best of the best.
sheggalism
+16|6744|France
T-90's have to stop to shot, they can not fire on the move.
Abrams either. It cannot fire while moving. Leopard and Leclerc can !
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6807|Portland, OR, USA

elite wrote:

What a great argument. You must be right.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus

sheggalism wrote:

Uh... yes it can. It can be moving and hit another moving target the size of a football like a mile away. WTF are you talking about.
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus

Viper007Bond wrote:

Look around and see if you guys can find this: Discovery.Channel.Top.Ten.Tanks.PDTV.XviD-HEH (the torrent site I got it off is private)
See also: Discovery.Channel.Building.The.Ultimate.Tank.PDTV.XviD-HEH
EVIL_STYX
TANK WHORE
+62|6684|FIVE RIVERS OF HELL

sheggalism wrote:

Yes, the Abrams can hit a target with extreme accuracy while moving at full speed across rough terrain!
Sorry, nice try though!

Last edited by EVIL_STYX (2006-02-08 15:27:57)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin

elite wrote:

Elite you and your british fellows are blind, the only reason the british tank crews though the challenger and challenger 2 were the best because they never drove any other tank besides the challenger and challenger 2.

DazBurt wrote:

This is just one of the pics that I took while I was out in Iraq, but even so, the Challenger is far superior than anything previousley built (including the Abrahms which is outdated now)

As for the German Leapord, you can only watch this space and wait until it is proved in battle because trials mean shit these days.

At the end of the day, the tank is only as good as the people crewing her

P.s.  I was also shot at by American troops who were IN FRONT of us
How would we know that all American troops shoot their friendly, those troops were arrested I am sure. Challenger 2 isn't far surperior than anything else built and the abrams isn't outdated you moron. You europeans and asians sometimes tick me off, and I amd getting tired of you guys from your country say your tank is the best, by the way, the T90 has crappy armor.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
raz
+22|6665|England, UK
Well the British Army use it, so it must be . lol
War Man
By the way the abrams can use almost any almost type of fuel, mainly because the abrams was disigned incase if there was a ww3 situation, and supplies were low, the abram could just use some other fuel alcohol, diesal, etc.

Last edited by War Man (2006-02-08 17:00:59)

War Man

Sh1fty2k5 wrote:

The swedish S122 is THE best tank in the world. This has been proven in numerous drills and test versus others tanks such as the T90U the M1A4SEP and the Challenger 2. The S122 is a based on a modified german Leopard tank and has a 80% hit chance ratio when moving and firing at targets more than 4 kilometers away (With an average crew)
M1a2 you moron, and I doubt it is the best, maybe it could beat a T90 and a leopard 2, but I doubt it could beat an abrams. I hate it when a country manufactures something and some other country modifies it, real cheap.
War Man

raz wrote:

British doesn't mean anything even if they were the first to event the first tank. Besides, the Americans can beat the british country anyday just like they did in the revolutionary war and the war of 1812.
mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6760|Rotherham, England

War Man wrote:

elite wrote:

You europeans and asians sometimes tick me off, and I amd getting tired of you guys from your country say your tank is the best, by the way, the T90 has crappy armor.
Wow, thats something coming from an american. You guys think that because somethings "american" its superior to anything else. For example, if we started a thread about the best assault rifle, nearly every american would probably say the M16, or if we started one about jets you would start blabbing on about F22-Raptor this and F-18 that.
It really does tick me off how americans think they're better than everyone, when recently the only people they have fought are terrorists and insurgents who have next to no training or decent equipment to use.

This would probably never happen, but say the USA picked on China or the European Union, do you still think that you would win, because i don't.
Americans have got far too cocky and complacent since WW2 and need taking down a peg or two, and they need to realise that they are not invincible.
Jepeto87
+38|6687|Dublin
Think they got that in Vietinam dude!

(Not a stab at all you yanks, I love America but cant say im a fan off your current administration but hey, thats Democracy in action eh?)
War Man
The only reason we lost Vietnam was because the democrats were protesting the war, we nearly had the war, then when the gulf war came and we won, our American spirit was back.
War Man

mjw wrote:

War Man wrote:

elite wrote:

You europeans and asians sometimes tick me off, and I amd getting tired of you guys from your country say your tank is the best, by the way, the T90 has crappy armor.
Wow, thats something coming from an american. You guys think that because somethings "american" its superior to anything else. For example, if we started a thread about the best assault rifle, nearly every american would probably say the M16, or if we started one about jets you would start blabbing on about F22-Raptor this and F-18 that.
It really does tick me off how americans think they're better than everyone, when recently the only people they have fought are terrorists and insurgents who have next to no training or decent equipment to use.

This would probably never happen, but say the USA picked on China or the European Union, do you still think that you would win, because i don't.
Americans have got far too cocky and complacent since WW2 and need taking down a peg or two, and they need to realise that they are not invincible.
First off: we know our country isn't invincable.

Second off: the F-22 is very high tech, with stealth technology, can lock on targets by radar even before the enemy spots the raptor, plus it is the first ever to use super cruise which allows you to go super sonic without engaging afterburners, there is more about it than you think by the way we wouldn't think the F18 isn't the best.

Third off: We would have trouble facing China(which now is a threat as well as Iran and North Korea) and Europe would especially be a problem because it is united by so many countries, we would be able to defeat France easily though because they have dumb tactics to even try to give in to the enemy.

Fourth off: Look what happened to London, the terrorists bombed London and all you could do is blame England for that?

Fifth off: The terrorists aren't that easy to face.

Sixth off: We wouldn't think the m16 is the best assauly rifle, because it is beginning to get outdated, but that is what the Scar-H and Scar-L are for(Scar L is going to replace the m14's and m4's while the Scar H replaces M16's).

Seventh off: We haven't gotten cocky after ww2, we are trying to be as much careful as we can with countries, America after,all wants to stop communism but you people believe these lies that are sent to you are true, you are blind.
Mike_J
+68|6671
Challenger 2

why wouldn't it be?  being that it is a newer tank and implements newer technology.  abrams is still around cause there isn't an enemy with a worthy opponent tank.
=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr
+7|6713|'Ull, Yorkshire, England

War Man wrote:

I hate it when a country manufactures something and some other country modifies it, real cheap.
Makes me laugh how you tell us all how good the SCAR is (by the way its not called the SCAR anymore - that was just the name of the project to find a new Assault Rifle for SOCOM), when we all know that the Rifle Mark 16 and Rifle Mark 17 are designed and built by FN USA which is another branch of Fabrique National (a Belgian company) Oh and by the way - the XM8 is replacing the M16 (designed with help from Heckler and Koch) as the US standard assault rifle, the SCAR project was for special forces.

And while we are on the subject of stealing other countries ideas - what about the Harrier? The original design was a British one sold to an American company. What about the P90? - a weapon considered for the USA's PDW (they will probably use the MP7 instead) as a replacement for the MP5K. So thats a BELGIAN weapon replacing a GERMAN one? Also the British Army bought themselves some Apache Longbows a few years ago, sent them to a British company (Westland) and improved them - so what the hell is wrong with other countries helping each other out with technology?

America has been borrowing technology from other countries for years (and stealing some as well), the fact of the matter is that these things happen because the vastly superior USA isn't as superior as everyone thinks. It just happens to house 90% of the biggest companies in the world, which pretty much run the country using puppets like George W Bush who are almost certainly elected into power through no choice of the people.

It seems to me that what was supposed to be a serious (and in my opinion pointless) discussion has turned into yet another argument of 'my country is better than your country', which will be fed almost indefinately by stupid children who don't know all the facts and spout bullshit.

The End
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD

raz wrote:

That's why I said some of you are ignorant.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD

=FDX=VEga wrote:

War Man wrote:

I hate it when a country manufactures something and some other country modifies it, real cheap.
Makes me laugh how you tell us all how good the SCAR is (by the way its not called the SCAR anymore - that was just the name of the project to find a new Assault Rifle for SOCOM), when we all know that the Rifle Mark 16 and Rifle Mark 17 are designed and built by FN USA which is another branch of Fabrique National (a Belgian company) Oh and by the way - the XM8 is replacing the M16 (designed with help from Heckler and Koch) as the US standard assault rifle, the SCAR project was for special forces.

And while we are on the subject of stealing other countries ideas - what about the Harrier? The original design was a British one sold to an American company. What about the P90? - a weapon considered for the USA's PDW (they will probably use the MP7 instead) as a replacement for the MP5K. So thats a BELGIAN weapon replacing a GERMAN one? Also the British Army bought themselves some Apache Longbows a few years ago, sent them to a British company (Westland) and improved them - so what the hell is wrong with other countries helping each other out with technology?

America has been borrowing technology from other countries for years (and stealing some as well), the fact of the matter is that these things happen because the vastly superior USA isn't as superior as everyone thinks. It just happens to house 90% of the biggest companies in the world, which pretty much run the country using puppets like George W Bush who are almost certainly elected into power through no choice of the people.

It seems to me that what was supposed to be a serious (and in my opinion pointless) discussion has turned into yet another argument of 'my country is better than your country', which will be fed almost indefinately by stupid children who don't know all the facts and spout bullshit.

The End
I thought they said they scrapped the XM8 for the time being because there was some sort of requirement it couldn't get.  For the record to everyone who isn't from the U.S., we hate Bush too.  We only elected him because he's the sonny boy of another president and it would be cool to have a president that smoked crack and pot, lol.  Who better for the media?

Last edited by _j5689_ (2006-02-09 08:44:03)

=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr
Yeah the entire OICW Increment 1 project was postponed, chances are that the XM8 will end up being the US weapon though, H&K will modify it to meet any requirements, then the US will have their new rifle. The XM29 (OICW as most people know it) will almost certainly never happen, the increment 1 and 2 weapons projects (XM8 assault rifle and XM25 grenade launcher respectively) are being developed as seperate projects now.

edit - vote for Chuck Norris

Last edited by =FDX=VEga (2006-02-09 05:23:23)

mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6760|Rotherham, England

=FDX=VEga wrote:

War Man wrote:

The End
Don't misunderstund me here, i'm not saying america sucks and britain is the best or we will kick your ass anyday, or anything like that. All i am saying is the USA takes credit for things they don't deserve to take credit for. You mentioned some in your post, but heres one you forgot, America couldn't even build their own aircraft carriers and needed help from Britain to overcome the design flaws that the Americans couldn't figure out. The British invented the steam powered catapult launch system that the USA use on their carriers and the brits also came up with the idea to have a slanted deck making it much easier and safer for aircraft to land and take off.
Master P
Banned
+0|6656|DenmarK
I Would put my money on the Merkawa,Jewish Shit ,Designed to kick Arab ass in Gaza and all that shit..And it looks Mean !!!!
=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr

mjw wrote:

You mentioned some in your post, but heres one you forgot, America couldn't even build their own aircraft carriers and needed help from Britain to overcome the design flaws that the Americans couldn't figure out. The British invented the steam powered catapult launch system that the USA use on their carriers and the brits also came up with the idea to have a slanted deck making it much easier and safer for aircraft to land and take off.
I didn't forget anything, I could have rambled on for hours but I honestly couldn't be arsed. I said that America has been using other peoples ideas forever and left it at that.

Lets just end the whole argument over whats the best tank, they all have their pro's and con's, most of us don't know shit about these pro's and con's and 90% of the tanks entering this discussion have virtually no actual combat experience.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6815

Master P wrote:

I Would put my money on the Merkawa,Jewish Shit ,Designed to kick Arab ass in Gaza and all that shit..And it looks Mean !!!!
Merkavas are too heavy with not enough grunt
elite
+89|6716|Sheffield, England
usa bring it on, we kick ure ass anyday, and also your men would kill them selves because they are dumbasses, BRITIAN OWNS ALL, ALWAYS AS, ALWAYS WILL DO!!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard