Spidery_Yoda
+399|6282

Miggle wrote:

PC/PS3 Exclusive.

No Offense 360, but BD>DVD
The problem is the 360 version got more sales. Maybe even more than PC and PS3 combined, but thats pure guessing of course. We dunno how the PC version sold.

But there was a rumour a while ago that the next GTA would be PS3 exclusive. So I think there's a fairly good chance.
Dookie0119
+43|5790
If there's a new GTA, I think it should be a bit more un-realistic. Like in Vice City, with the chainsaws and flamethrowers, miniguns and tanks.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6768|Scotland

Dookie0119 wrote:

If there's a new GTA, I think it should be a bit more un-realistic. Like in Vice City, with the chainsaws and flamethrowers, miniguns and tanks.
I disagree. I think it should be made more realistic. With children, robbing, hostage taking and all that shizzle.
jord
+2,382|6690|The North, beyond the wall.
I want animals, like guard dogs.

And Sheep for Surgeons.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6543|Boston, MA
If they're going to make the game more realistic they should make it possible for you to die in car crashes, die after 2-3 well placed shots, have possible random drunk drivers that will slam into you and you die, you should be able to sprain your ankle while running downstairs greatly limiting your movement, the cops should be able to mail you tickets, etc.

What I'm trying to say is that realistic isn't necessarily a good thing. I agree with Dookie, it's a lot more fun when they add completely random toys like the chainsaw and flamethrowers, especially the tanks.
Dookie0119
+43|5790

Zimmer wrote:

Dookie0119 wrote:

I disagree. I think it should be made more realistic. With children, robbing, hostage taking and all that shizzle.
Hostage taking and human shields would be a nice improvement.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6282
I hope its far less realistic too. Crackdown and Saints Row 2 are loved by fans far more than GTA IV.

Realistic = Limiting and ultimately boring.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-01-15 09:30:18)

cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6302|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

GodFather wrote:

They should make the shit world-wide...

instead of roadblocks, airports are shut down...

and plane tickets cost what they usually do

and you can fly to Paris, and London, and Tokyo and Dubai and Iraq.... [joke bout last]

that would be cool
well perhaps a bit smaller scale for the next game

how about being able to travel between liberty city, vice city, and san andreas (whether in the form of the state in GTA:SA or the way it was meant to be, as san francisco)

then move on worldwide

EDIT: also, GTA IV was the best cure for homesickness ever

Last edited by cowami (2009-01-15 09:37:30)

https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6768|Scotland

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I hope its far less realistic too. Crackdown and Saints Row 2 are loved by fans far more than GTA IV.

Um. Not really. With realism you can do whatever you want. That is what realism is all about.

I.e Rape, kidnap, etc. All that is realism, not sci-fi. Crackdown was fun, for about 4 hours.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6694|Disaster Free Zone
What was so 'realistic' about GTA4?

Apart from the cars needing a bit more skill to drive there was nothing much different.
jord
Realism is good in certain aspects, it's knowing when to apply it.

Realism in driving physics = Yes please

Realism in the story that limits fun(I'e Niko not being a Jet pilot means not jets) = No thanks
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6550|Long Island, New York

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

GTA IV has a HUUUUUUUUUGE fanbase. I have no idea what you're on about. Comparing SR2's fanbase to GTA IV's is like comparing Joan River's face to Scarlett Johansson's.

I like Godfather's idea, but I can't see it being added when they're still using DVDs. Hell, even when we're still using BDs.
jord
"Godfather's" idea is something that would take over 5 years to make and a very powerful machine. I've thought about it before, as in different versions of the same game with the same engine but in different locations. Obviously at first the locations would be just major cities but it could expand, with mods being made for every single town in demand. Shit, I could sit on a chair in my own house, VIRTUALLY... Sickkk
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6778|UK
Everything you could do in GTA3:SA but in the GTA4 engine.
bennisboy
+829|6659|Poundland

jord wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

jord wrote:

Really are you people this fanboytastic that you can't see that a PS3 exclusive is not going to happen?

Really, they have hundreds of employees to make shit like this work. They have the funds to overcome any problem if there will be a profit at the end. Thus, I'm sure they'll think of something.
I wasnt saying it would be ps3 exclusive. Just that there isnt room to put all that extra stuff on a dvd. Yeah they might make use of the 360's install feature, but it would require more than one disk, do you really wanna swap disks while playing?
You're hardly going to have to swap disks through the most important gun battle in the game. It will be at some irrelevant point half way through I imagine.

Do I want to swap disks? Meh not bothered.

Will I swap disks for it? I'll walk 1 metre and put a new disk in to play one of my favourite series of games, yes.
What, so every time you change island, you are willing to change a disc? Think about it, you're in a plane (one of your ideas), you fly across the load line "please insert disk 2", but when flying across that load line you've gone away from your target. So you turn back "please insert disk one". Think of the number of missions where u drive back and forth. Or the number of times in SA you went from one city to another. You really wanna be up and down like a yoyo?

It works with games like MGS and FF, because its a linear progression. A free roaming sand box game would suck if you had to change disks!
jord

bennisboy wrote:

jord wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

I wasnt saying it would be ps3 exclusive. Just that there isnt room to put all that extra stuff on a dvd. Yeah they might make use of the 360's install feature, but it would require more than one disk, do you really wanna swap disks while playing?
You're hardly going to have to swap disks through the most important gun battle in the game. It will be at some irrelevant point half way through I imagine.

Will I swap disks for it? I'll walk 1 metre and put a new disk in to play one of my favourite series of games, yes.
What, so every time you change island, you are willing to change a disc? Think about it, you're in a plane (one of your ideas), you fly across the load line "please insert disk 2", but when flying across that load line you've gone away from your target. So you turn back "please insert disk one". Think of the number of missions where u drive back and forth. Or the number of times in SA you went from one city to another. You really wanna be up and down like a yoyo?

It works with games like MGS and FF, because its a linear progression. A free roaming sand box game would suck if you had to change disks!
I doubt a system of "Change disk every island" will be in place. They will implement it so you have to change as little as possible. That's why they making Billions of dollars, thinking outside the box.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6778|UK
You can't have disk swaps in an OPEN world environment, totally breaks immersion.

As bennis just pointed out.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6282
Skiddy cars that are generally just bad to handle, horrible motorbikes, slow clunky movement, removal of all the 'fun' equipment like parachutes, fall 10 feet and die.

Etc. Bland gameplay.

Adding 'features' like rape has nothing to do with the general realism feel of the game. They can add as many realistic features as they like, as long as the core gameplay feels a lot less restricting next time.

And I still find Crackdown more fun to play than GTA IV. It's just better. And every single person i've seen compare GTA IV and SR2 says SR2 is far more fun.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6550|Long Island, New York

jord wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

jord wrote:

I doubt a system of "Change disk every island" will be in place. They will implement it so you have to change as little as possible. That's why they making Billions of dollars, thinking outside the box.
Agreed...worst they'd do is what they had in VC, have loading screens when you're switching islands.

There's no way they'd have a "change disk" system.
bennisboy
+829|6659|Poundland

Poseidon wrote:

jord wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

Agreed...worst they'd do is what they had in VC, have loading screens when you're switching islands.

There's no way they'd have a "change disk" system.
You'd have to change disks, they already filled up a DVD. You cant have all that extra stuff jord initially suggested, without taking up any more room on the disc! Yeah they'd make it as infrequent as possible, but when free roaming and exploring near the parts where you have to change disc, it would get damn annoyin. Say they make it so it loads in between the two islands. I'm sure you remember the boat missions in vice city where you'd keep crossing the loading line, you'd have that, but changing the disc every time! Yay fun!
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6792|Great Brown North

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Skiddy cars that are generally just bad to handle, horrible motorbikes, slow clunky movement, removal of all the 'fun' equipment like parachutes, fall 10 feet and die.

Etc. Bland gameplay.

Adding 'features' like rape has nothing to do with the general realism feel of the game. They can add as many realistic features as they like, as long as the core gameplay feels a lot less restricting next time.

And I still find Crackdown more fun to play than GTA IV. It's just better. And every single person i've seen compare GTA IV and SR2 says SR2 is far more fun.
i had far more fun with SR2

don't get me wrong... i like GTA IV, but SR2 just gave me a lot more fun with the dialogue, missions, side missions, activities, and custom cars... also the unlockable super weapons

Last edited by krazed (2009-01-15 11:22:24)

Dookie0119
+43|5790

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Etc. Bland gameplay.

Many of my friends say SR2 is more fun.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5693

Poseidon wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Yeah, Vice City sucked!

I don't get how you both think it's so improbable for Rockstar to release a sequel in over a year's time and it actually be good. They've done it before in less time.
It did, actually.
get out

right now

there was nothing better than driving around Starfish Island while listening to Billie Jean

seriously

get out

Seriously. Boxxy isn't hot and Vice City wasn't . GTFO.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6754|FUCK UBISOFT

jord wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

jord wrote:

Right first off, fuck just making it for Ps3. Serves no purpose what so ever, so that's not going to happen.

Now then, Bring back Jets, Jetpacks, Tattoos, Gym, Tanks, Apache's, GUN VARIETY, more shit to do when you've completed the game, more story paths to follow rather than 2 different paths every 10 missions, Good music on radio from KNOWN artists, turf wars or variant, recruiting people into a gang, Proper wanted levels (If I just killed 100 people on the street with a machine gun I want the national guard or Army on me), more enterable buildings, more independent damage to aircraft( Oh noez my wheels snapped off I have to skid to a halt or parachute out).

Do all of them and Rockstar will make THE best game ever made.
Well thats all well and good jord. But there's this thing called "storage space" and on a dvd it is considerably smaller than on a BD, thet said they filled up the DVD for the 360 with GTA:IV, so how are they gonna add all that with no more room? Some of it maybe, not all of it
They are billion dollar companies, I'm sure they'll find a way...
Jesus Christ, some people are just fucking retarded.

This has to be the lamest excuse in history and yet I see it every day here. "They're rich so they can make this happen"

"Microsoft needs halo wars to be good, so it will be"

"Rockstar is rich so they can make DVDs as big as BDs"

"Sony's success depends on little big planet, so they can't fuck it up."

Jord, If they made GTAV for BDs, you would need 10 DVDs to play on xbox. Xbox is far more successful than PS3, not to mention Microsoft is throwing money at any developer making a game for the 360. We would prefer that it be a PS3 exclusive because they could fit more content in, but we know it's not going to happen.

Why make a better game when you'll make more money with a worse one? It's depressing, but that's the way gaming is going, it feels sort of like the Producers.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6282
Well its just the way isn't it?

I mean look at all the shovelware on the Wii. Those companies could be making real games instead.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard