Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|5847|UK

M.O.A.B wrote:

m3thod wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:


Also kinda proves they weren't that innocent either.
Yeah?  Don't become a lawyer.

It's quite possible being locked up in Gitmo made them turn to terrorism/extremism to extract revenge.
Not the best option, because then trying to prove you weren't guilty goes down the shitter. You're released why risk that freedom? That's like someone convicted of a murder going down when they didn't do it, getting out and then murdering someone.
It's still possible that a % of them would be slightly pissed off at the shit they had to endure to warrant revenge.  They people didn't have rights so its wrong to compare them to a murderer who is fortunate to have rights.

Are you telling me if you were tortured you wouldn't think of maybe extracting just a little revenge?
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
ghettoperson
Member
+1,943|5825

dayarath wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

dayarath wrote:


normal people suddenly starting to blow shit up after being released from gitmo seems illogical to me.
Try getting locked up and having to live with sleep deprivation/water boarding for 5 years, I'm sure that'd be enough to drive anyone to the point of terrorism.
no, that'd most likely drive them to the point of avoiding such a horrible experience. You don't want to be caught in that twice.

Blowing people up and risking yourself being caught again? heeell no.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Well a few years in Gitmo probably would change their status from 'normal' to 'fucked up'.  Perhaps that would throw their logic out the window, no?
did people in the second world war suddenly start massacres around them after they were released from detention, wherever, during that period?
As Ken is pointing out, if it's driven you close to insanity you might think differently.

And people in WWII were treated humanely for the most part. Unless you were a Jew...
ghettoperson
Member
+1,943|5825

m3thod wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

m3thod wrote:


Yeah?  Don't become a lawyer.

It's quite possible being locked up in Gitmo made them turn to terrorism/extremism to extract revenge.
Not the best option, because then trying to prove you weren't guilty goes down the shitter. You're released why risk that freedom? That's like someone convicted of a murder going down when they didn't do it, getting out and then murdering someone.
It's still possible that a % of them would be slightly pissed off at the shit they had to endure to warrant revenge.  They people didn't have rights so its wrong to compare them to a murderer who is fortunate to have rights.

Are you telling me if you were tortured you wouldn't think of maybe extracting just a little revenge?
Don't be stupid M3th, he'd get his book deal and write about what happened to him, but inform his capturers that there are no hard feelings.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5175|...

ghettoperson wrote:

As Ken is pointing out, if it's driven you close to insanity you might think differently.

And people in WWII were treated humanely for the most part. Unless you were a Jew...
Alot more people than just jews were treated inhumanely in WWII.

M3thod wrote:

Are you telling me if you were tortured you wouldn't think of maybe extracting just a little revenge?
There is no hypothetical on if I were tortured, I've never been tortured, I can't imagine the shit I'd go through. I think that most of the "human" reactions would be getting scared shitless (as most people would do when contacted with extreme violence)
inane little opines
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,765|5282|eXtreme to the maX
How many of them were radicalised in Gitmo by the conditions or the real terrorists?

If I'd been abducted and tortured for seven years without justification I'd be pretty damn angry.

If they really were all hardcore terrorists I would expect a 100% re-offending rate, not 11%.

Its a fuck up however you look at it.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-01-14 15:15:58)

Birds Aren't Real
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5175|...

ghettoperson wrote:

Don't be stupid M3th, he'd get his book deal and write about what happened to him, but inform his capturers that there are no hard feelings.
or they would suddenly go on the streets and kill americans on sight
inane little opines
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|5847|UK

dayarath wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

As Ken is pointing out, if it's driven you close to insanity you might think differently.

And people in WWII were treated humanely for the most part. Unless you were a Jew...
Alot more people than just jews were treated inhumanely in WWII.

M3thod wrote:

Are you telling me if you were tortured you wouldn't think of maybe extracting just a little revenge?
There is no hypothetical on if I were tortured, I've never been tortured, I can't imagine the shit I'd go through. I think that most of the "human" reactions would be getting scared shitless (as most people would do when contacted with extreme violence)
Once you've shit your pants your brain then starts to digest what you've endured.  Your fear and terror would slowly transform into hate and anger and maybe a little rip his guts out and eat his liver type thoughts.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5175|...

m3thod wrote:

Once you've shit your pants your brain then starts to digest what you've endured.  Your fear and terror would slowly transform into hate and anger and maybe a little rip his guts out and eat his liver type thoughts.
It would be more in line with a trauma of what you've endured.

If you think that there's a high likelihood of a person going on a rampage after he's been through something like that you've been watching too many movies.

I'll ask it again; did innocent detainees during WWII suddenly start massacres after being released?

Last edited by dayarath (2009-01-14 15:20:56)

inane little opines
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,765|5282|eXtreme to the maX

Dayarath wrote:

did people in the second world war suddenly start massacres around them after they were released from detention, wherever, during that period
Yes, look up Irgun and Stern.
Birds Aren't Real
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5175|...

Dilbert_X wrote:

Yes, look up Irgun and Stern.
an organisation created before hitler came into power.

I don't think the point of this thread was to turn it's discussion subject into Israel, there are enough threads discussing that country already.

Last edited by dayarath (2009-01-14 15:32:39)

inane little opines
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,765|5282|eXtreme to the maX

Dayarath wrote:

an organisation created before hitler came into power.
But they did start their massacres after WW2, its an example of what you asked for.
Birds Aren't Real
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|5847|UK

dayarath wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Once you've shit your pants your brain then starts to digest what you've endured.  Your fear and terror would slowly transform into hate and anger and maybe a little rip his guts out and eat his liver type thoughts.
It would be more in line with a trauma of what you've endured.

If you think that there's a high likelihood of a person going on a rampage after he's been through something like that you've been watching too many movies.

I'll ask it again; did innocent detainees during WWII suddenly start massacres after being released?
Innocent detainees were just that innocent.  A world of a difference between them and an nut job extremist banged up and tortured for maybe being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Your comparison is flawed.

And how about this:  Jewish death squad recalls revenge on Nazis

Friday, December 23, 2005 Posted at 8:25 PM EST

Associated Press

Jerusalem — A group of elderly Jews came forward Friday with accounts of a death squad they formed after the Second World War to take revenge on Nazis, recounting a brazen operation in which they poisoned hundreds of SS officers.

In a broadcast on Israel Channel Two TV, the survivors — some of whom fought in the Warsaw Ghetto uprising — recounted hunting down former SS officers at night. Disguised as British or U.S. officers, they dragged the men out of their homes and killed them, they said.

Members of the group, code-named “the Avengers,” said they received a large amount of arsenic from Paris and laced loaves of bread fed to hundreds of SS officers imprisoned in a U.S. camp after the war. Many were reported taken to hospital but it was unclear if any died.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1546515/posts

And stop using inflammatory language to add substance to your piss poor argument, they have been no massacres committed by a released gitmo prisoner.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|5847|UK
Just to add i wouldn't blame the Jews for setting up Death Squads....its what being banged up and fucked in the ass would prob lead you to do.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5175|...

m3thod wrote:

Innocent detainees were just that innocent.  A world of a difference between them and an nut job extremist banged up and tortured for maybe being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Your comparison is flawed.

And how about this:  Jewish death squad recalls revenge on Nazis

Friday, December 23, 2005 Posted at 8:25 PM EST

Associated Press

Jerusalem — A group of elderly Jews came forward Friday with accounts of a death squad they formed after the Second World War to take revenge on Nazis, recounting a brazen operation in which they poisoned hundreds of SS officers.

In a broadcast on Israel Channel Two TV, the survivors — some of whom fought in the Warsaw Ghetto uprising — recounted hunting down former SS officers at night. Disguised as British or U.S. officers, they dragged the men out of their homes and killed them, they said.

Members of the group, code-named “the Avengers,” said they received a large amount of arsenic from Paris and laced loaves of bread fed to hundreds of SS officers imprisoned in a U.S. camp after the war. Many were reported taken to hospital but it was unclear if any died.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1546515/posts

And stop using inflammatory language to add substance to your piss poor argument, they have been no massacres committed by a released gitmo prisoner.
out of the millions and millions of jews that went through that situation during world war II you found a small group (I quote: "The group's 40 or so members") that extracted revenge, bravo - that's high likelihood right there.

also

The group's 40 or so members were largely Jews who had not been sent to concentration camps and spent the war fighting Nazis

Last edited by dayarath (2009-01-14 15:38:19)

inane little opines
ghettoperson
Member
+1,943|5825

In any case, everyone that was saying that Obama was going to free all the terrorists are going to be pretty bummed eh?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|5777|132 and Bush

ghettoperson wrote:

dayarath wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Try getting locked up and having to live with sleep deprivation/water boarding for 5 years, I'm sure that'd be enough to drive anyone to the point of terrorism.
no, that'd most likely drive them to the point of avoiding such a horrible experience. You don't want to be caught in that twice.

Blowing people up and risking yourself being caught again? heeell no.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Well a few years in Gitmo probably would change their status from 'normal' to 'fucked up'.  Perhaps that would throw their logic out the window, no?
did people in the second world war suddenly start massacres around them after they were released from detention, wherever, during that period?
As Ken is pointing out, if it's driven you close to insanity you might think differently.

And people in WWII were treated humanely for the most part. Unless you were a Jew...
Should be considered part of WWII.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5175|...

m3thod wrote:

your piss poor argument
no urs, you defend a claim that it's likely innocent detainees would turn to terrorism while in actuality knowing nothing about tortures and anything related to that subject and it's aftermath.
inane little opines
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5175|...

m3thod wrote:

No the millions and million of jews that went through that situation were at the bottom of an oven.  The few that survived allegedly set up death squads to EXTRACT revenge in response for their suffering, you know what we were debating? Remember?   The numbers are of no consequence child.  I would also bet my sexy ass there was more than 1 death squad.

me wrote:

who had not been sent to concentration camps and spent the war fighting Nazis
if I were a dick I'd declare your argument invalid because of ^

but suppose it's true, there were quite alot of jewish survivors, actually. 40 people doesn't account a high likelihood, more like, extremely low.
inane little opines
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,765|5282|eXtreme to the maX

dayarath wrote:

no urs, you defend a claim that it's likely innocent detainees would turn to terrorism while in actuality knowing nothing about tortures and anything related to that subject and it's aftermath.
Then according to YOUR logic the jews were guilty after all and Hitler was right all along.
Take your pick, you can't have it both ways.

(Not that I'm suggesting Hitler was right.......)
Birds Aren't Real
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5175|...

Dilbert_X wrote:

Then according to YOUR logic the jews were guilty after all and Hitler was right all along.
Take your pick, you can't have it both ways.

(Not that I'm suggesting Hitler was right.......)
it's nice that you think the foundation of Israel is extracting revenge against the nazis.
inane little opines
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|5938

wow.  jail vs mass murder.  lol.  you people and your comparisons are fucking lame.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,765|5282|eXtreme to the maX
it's nice that you think the foundation of Israel is extracting revenge against the nazis.
I didn't say it was, you asked for an example of a group of innocent people detained and tortured which went on to commit massacres, Method and I have given you examples, you're going off on a tangent now.
Birds Aren't Real
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|5847|UK

dayarath wrote:

m3thod wrote:

your piss poor argument
no urs, you defend a claim that it's likely innocent detainees would turn to terrorism while in actuality knowing nothing about tortures and anything related to that subject and it's aftermath.
And you're a leading expect on the subject i assume?  I personally find it logical to assume subjecting someone to torture would have the possibility to drive them towards revenge.

Finding credible links is proving to be a pain on this subject.  If Jewish death squads did operate after world war 2 then i would be very surprised if they did not contain former concentration camp victims wanting to extract revenge.

Reports of Jewish death squads have surfaced over the years, and several books have been written. Earlier this year, Israel's government refused a request from Poland to extradite a suspected death squad member.

Sentence above from same link
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,931|5808|949

dayarath wrote:

out of the millions and millions of jews that went through that situation during world war II you found a small group (I quote: "The group's 40 or so members") that extracted revenge, bravo - that's high likelihood right there.

also

The group's 40 or so members were largely Jews who had not been sent to concentration camps and spent the war fighting Nazis
Look at the numbers - 11% recidivism going by the most liberal estimate.  A small group that may have exacted revenge.

I can't believe we are even debating this.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2009-01-14 15:55:15)

ghettoperson
Member
+1,943|5825

Kmarion wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

dayarath wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Try getting locked up and having to live with sleep deprivation/water boarding for 5 years, I'm sure that'd be enough to drive anyone to the point of terrorism.
no, that'd most likely drive them to the point of avoiding such a horrible experience. You don't want to be caught in that twice.

Blowing people up and risking yourself being caught again? heeell no.


did people in the second world war suddenly start massacres around them after they were released from detention, wherever, during that period?
As Ken is pointing out, if it's driven you close to insanity you might think differently.

And people in WWII were treated humanely for the most part. Unless you were a Jew...
Should be considered part of WWII.
Since we're being pedantic, WWII didn't start until a year later.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2022 Jeff Minard