Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6742|Vermont

ZZOT wrote:

What no mention of the G36C?  This is still the most accurate of all the assault rifles.  Yes more accurate than the G36E, F2000, Scar-L and L85A1.  I really do like the optical sight on the Scar-L and L85A1 though.
Thats pretty amazing considering it's not an assault rifle.
wonkey20
+18|6710
G36E is the gun for me¡!¡!
ZZOT
+0|6676

BiRdMaN829 wrote:

ZZOT wrote:

What no mention of the G36C?  This is still the most accurate of all the assault rifles.  Yes more accurate than the G36E, F2000, Scar-L and L85A1.  I really do like the optical sight on the Scar-L and L85A1 though.
Thats pretty amazing considering it's not an assault rifle.
The thread said "best RIFLES" in the game, I probably should have used the same terminology and said the G36C is still the most accurate rifle (w/ the possible exception of the standard Marine sniper).  This is a good question though, what's the difference between an assault rifle and a carbine?  Is this simply BF2 terminonlogy based on the equipment in the kit used (assault vs spec ops for example) or is there a real life difference?
Fschwang
+10|6714|Isle of Man, next to England.
If I remember rightly (Because I can't be bothered checking with Wikipedia. Carbines are basically rifles with some of their barrel chopper off, or in some cases sliding stocks to replace the original.I think that's the difference anyway.
Rizen_Ji
+41|6737|200m out and smiling at you.
carbines i think are scaled down versions of their rifle counterparts. like the M4 is to the M16 kinda thing.

Last edited by Rizen_Ji (2006-01-30 12:45:49)

Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6677|Moscow, Russia
I love AK. And I'm starting to get the hang of G36E. So no more shitty L85A1 when a medic!
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6753
Yes , sure G36E is awesome... I would use it on 16-32 always, but on 64 server it lacks auto-mode. Burst sux, because you have to aim much more correctly and you dont have alot of time. I use L85A1 on 64 servers only when I'm USMC, and I use it unzoomed. L85A1 is very innacurate, and only useful because of auto fire mode. If I found AK I would take it instead.

AK101 is well balanced and very powerful. Medic with AK can pown everyone, even support. But if you have G36E or L85A1 most likely you will lose close/medium combats to assault/support. (because of their armor and your burst mode). I wish USMC could have AKs.

P.S. I'm not a very big noob or something and yes I like G36E, but at medium/close range it will be much easier for me to kill with AK.

AK power! AKs to the USMC please!
Rizen_Ji
+41|6737|200m out and smiling at you.
doesn't the actual M16 have auto, burst and semi-auto modes?
RDMC_old
+0|6738|Almere, Holland

ThomasMorgan wrote:

g36e > everything.
what he said L85A1 is a spray and pray gun
ZZOT
+0|6676
Thanks everyone for posting the difference between an assault rifle and a carbine.  The F2000 looks pretty cut down also, but it's called an assault gun in BF2 so I think the real life differences are probably small. 

As far as the G36E goes, it's accurate but it's lacking in full auto.  Full auto is needed for close quarters especially when trying to capture a flag.  One thing that I noticed in BF2 is that if you shoot someone around the head (not necessarily a headshot) that often times (not always though!) the motion of the person stutters and they momentarily aren't able to fire back.  With full auto mode you can get in enough rounds to kill them without them even firing back.  But with burst fire mode the situation can get reversed if you don't kill them with your first burst - it gives them a chance to kill you and keep you from firing the second burst coup de grace.  You can see this momentary stutter motion if you watch your victim closely while you're up close (or zoomed).
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6721|Melbourne, Australia
the l85a1 has to be the worst unlock.. they should of made it a stocky weapon and made the m16 a unlock... an the g36c is infact a carbine mate
A.Drew(G.Drew
+4|6741|Hamilton, Scotland

wrath2210 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

g36e > everything.
TRUE
2 TRUE, the g36E is well better than the L85a1, i know whats overpowered, g36e + grenade launcher + L85 scope = THE BEST HANDHELD WEAPON IN THE ENTIRE GAME!!!
A.Drew(G.Drew
+4|6741|Hamilton, Scotland

RDMC wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

g36e > everything.
what he said L85A1 is a spray and pray gun
the gun feels like a pea-shooter! but the scope is gd (sort of= the aiming is crap- even in real life! ive held 1 of them bfore!
mpec82
+-1|6723
i hope they'll improve it in the right way with the new patch
ResDog1
+51|6767|Netherlands
Well I seem not te get the hang of this G36e. Any tips on how to rock with this gun... Untill that time I'll use the L85A1
sheggalism
+16|6744|France
2 TRUE, the g36E is well better than the L85a1, i know whats overpowered, g36e + grenade launcher + L85 scope = THE BEST HANDHELD WEAPON IN THE ENTIRE GAME!!!
Think about it, Euroforce's assault will get an L85A2 with a AG36 grenade launcher so : L85A1 ultra semi-auto mode accuracy (plus it's the A2 version perhaps meaning better full-auto mode accuracy) with the same scope as the L85A1 (hope it) + a grenade launcher + assault's body armor = euro assault will kick ass !
mpec82
+-1|6723
the euro force l85 doesn't have the SUSAT sight
Souljah
+42|6669
have to agree with alot of people on here and say that i also take the ak-101 over any gun. if im playing as sas with the f2000 and kill someone using the ak, i will trade kits in a heartbeat :-)
loki00
+0|6663

Rizen_Ji wrote:

doesn't the actual M16 have auto, burst and semi-auto modes?
When M16 first came out, it did have full auto, but after Vietnam war, Military higher uppers realized that soldiers did a lot of spray and pray, wasting a lot of bullets = a lot of money.  If you never saw a footage of soldiers shooting at Vietnam, just see some news about people fighting in Iraq.  See how some of the insurgents shoot.  They point the around corners without looking and shoot.  So the Military decided to only have burst and semi mode on the M16A2(?), not too sure if I got the model no. right, so that the soldier will more likely aim before they shoot.  Long story short, the first M16 did have full auto, but now only burst and semi auto.
J0hn.F.Kenedy
+-1|6759|Longueuil
L85A1 is BAD i prefert the M16A2 over it but g36e is my favorite rifle lol
If your a good g36e user its a one burst kill it as a faster bps then both ak and is more acurate but do less damage... so i think AK = G36E...

Last edited by J0hn.F.Kenedy (2006-02-03 08:40:19)

BerryBlastKoolAid
+0|6677
The AK101 (w gp30) is probably the most lethal in the right hands. For some reason though, I prefer the M16A2 because the accuracy + semi auto fire = lots of kills for me.

Oh yeah, the L85 sucks ass

Last edited by BerryBlastKoolAid (2006-02-03 08:54:04)

persnickadee
+0|6662
L85a1 got to know how to use it not abuse it  wanna be snipe weapon
I2elik
+12|6754|Perth, Western Australia
Too bad the L85A1 sucks in real life, check the link to a gun site it has on the wiki.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6770|Human Meat Shield
It's good on Warlord/Mass; that's about it.
smk_valvanite
+12|6677|New Zealand, CHCH
not a complete piece of shit, lie others have said, its good in small bursts or single shot from far away and very effective if you can hit the enemy in the right place,

but yeah in close combat it does kinda suck, you gotta get prone before the enemy in order to take him down with it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard