jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
Does anyone here hunt? I've been after hunting for ages now and I can't find any links here that aren't for aristocrats that pay £20k for a weekend to shoot a Red Grouse that wouldn't fill you up if you ate it whole.

Ideally Deer hunting. If anyone has any info on laws etc I'd be happy to here, I am willing to book a flight over to the USA if necessary. I'd like to eat my kill too if possible.

Oh and I heard about a place in Georgia I think were there is a Warthog overpopulation and they pay you I think $60 per hog you kill. This would be ideal as the trip would pay for itself as well as the possibility of profit.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

Hunting is fun. I didn't actually kill anything myself, but the whole activity of stalking the deer for hours and being silent and stuff is awesome. I dunno if I'd fly all the way to the States just to hunt though. And it's best if you meet some people to go with, it'd be a lot more fun.
jord

ghettoperson wrote:

Hunting is fun. I didn't actually kill anything myself, but the whole activity of stalking the deer for hours and being silent and stuff is awesome. I dunno if I'd fly all the way to the States just to hunt though. And it's best if you meet some people to go with, it'd be a lot more fun.
Ya I want my Uncle to come but he's in Iraq right now and will be for the next 5 months. I'm competent enough in stalking, stealth and fitness anyway to keep up with most. I just would prefer to do it legally somewhere.
CrazeD
+368|6672|Maine
The hunting laws vary from state to state, such as the legal limit and such.

For instance in Maine, deer hunting season starts Nov 1st and ends the last Saturday in November. You can tag one buck, or if you get the bonus license (which is a drawing, and you almost always win (or at least I always did)) you can get one doe + one buck.

That is for normal firearm season. There is also bow season and black powder season. I know that bow season starts before firearm season and lasts quite a bit longer, and also you can get more deer. Then black powder season is after firearm season but again I'm not sure really when it is.

Difference states have different populations of deer and thus have different bag limits. Some states its like 2 doe and 5 bucks, or something.

I dunno if that's what you're looking for, but yeah...

Oh, and wow...an Englishmen that doesn't think hunting is brutal and cruel, eh? How interesting.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
If it's in Georgia you could go with ig.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644
yea u better hurry, IG might kill all those hogs!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

CrazeD wrote:

For instance in Maine, deer hunting season starts Nov 1st and ends the last Saturday in November. You can tag one buck, or if you get the bonus license (which is a drawing, and you almost always win (or at least I always did)) you can get one doe + one buck.

That is for normal firearm season. There is also bow season and black powder season. I know that bow season starts before firearm season and lasts quite a bit longer, and also you can get more deer. Then black powder season is after firearm season but again I'm not sure really when it is.

Difference states have different populations of deer and thus have different bag limits. Some states its like 2 doe and 5 bucks, or something.

Oh, and wow...an Englishmen that doesn't think hunting is brutal and cruel, eh? How interesting.
There are plenty of Englishmen that enjoy cruel and brutal activities, thanks. We're not all pussies.
CrazeD
+368|6672|Maine

ghettoperson wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

We're not all pussies.
Good to know.

It's just anytime someone on here mentions hunting, all you anti-gun fags start going "oh it's just a little bunny, how fucking mean to shoot it!"
jord

CrazeD wrote:

Yes that helped quite a bit. thanks. The only hunting we have had recently is the vastly more brutal and cruel sport of fox hunting, in which hounds track and tear foxes to shreds while the "hunter" sits on a Horse and watches. Somehow that isn't my idea of fun, I'd rather hunt with a rifle myself.

If you know any laws on non US citizens using firearms there that would help too. I have no problem killing animals, especially if they are in overpopulation or are going to be eaten.
CrazeD
+368|6672|Maine
I'm not sure about non-citizen laws. I'm sure there are tourists groups and such that you can hunt with or something.
Wallpaper
+303|5993|The pool
Washington might not be bad. However, Ive never gone hunting before () never got a chance. But theres loads of forest around

Only thing is it rains a lot here (light, but enough to keep everything wet [even your mom])
jord

Wallpaper wrote:

Washington might not be bad. However, Ive never gone hunting before () never got a chance. But theres loads of forest around

Only thing is it rains a lot here (light, but enough to keep everything wet [even your mom])
That's Winter season here, and is at least 8 months away. I'm looking for something in the next 3 months ideally.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command
I'd hunt birds again.
Hunting deer blows bra, imagine field cleaning a 150 lbs deer and hauling its stinking, bleeding bodies out on your shoulders.

But, fly over, I'll take you hunting.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6393|The Gem Saloon
come to st louis jordan.

you know you want to.

ninja edit:

actually, come to think of it...if you come to yankistan and DONT come to stl, you and i are gonna have words.
jord
I may just call you 2 up on them offers
CrazeD
+368|6672|Maine

ATG wrote:

I'd hunt birds again.
Hunting deer blows bra, imagine field cleaning a 150 lbs deer and hauling its stinking, bleeding bodies out on your shoulders.

But imagine the deer jerky afterwards.

jord
I want the head, complete with antlers for my wall.

Also fresh meet is (insert awsm smiley here)
ATG
Banned

CrazeD wrote:

ATG wrote:

I'd hunt birds again.

Not worth it. You'd know if you'd done it, trust me.
CrazeD
+368|6672|Maine

ATG wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

ATG wrote:

I'd hunt birds again.

I done it.

Totally worth it.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6393|The Gem Saloon

ATG wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

ATG wrote:

I'd hunt birds again.

back in the day, my ancestor used to "wear" the still warn, disemboweled deer while he walked back to whatever settlement he was hunting for.

of course, he bagged all the ladies cause of how he smelled.
jord

ATG wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

ATG wrote:

I'd hunt birds again.

Perhaps if you organised a small trailer to put the Deer in it'd be easier?

I mean, people do it all the time over there and most have some sort of established easy way to haul it back home.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6670|UK
DBBrinson1 is a hunter.  PM him
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
ATG
Banned

jord wrote:

ATG wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

I mean, people do it all the time over there and most have some sort of established easy way to haul it back home.
quads ftw.
jord

ATG wrote:

jord wrote:

ATG wrote:

quads ftw.
Yup. But providing the distance is under 2 miles I'd have no problem carrying 150 pounds in a firemans lift
ATG
Banned
ha.
famous last words.

I prefer bow hunting, if I'm gonna hunt deer.
It's been many years...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard