rdx-fx
+955|6605
Well, WindowsUpdate is working again for my " Windows 7 64-bit" install.

directx 9 seems to have installed properly,
Steam is working properly & downloading my essential games at the moment.
Tomorrow I'll see if TeamFortress-2, Left4Dead, and IL-2 work properly.

Still have to track down a Key, and the "Please don't corrupt my MP3's, even though they should be read READ-ONLY you f'ing dolt MS programmers" patch.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6619|Greenwood, IN
Day Of Defeat: Source works just fine so i would assume that other source games will work.  I can't say the same about other games though.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6779|Cambridge (UK)

haffeysucks wrote:

doesn't the term "epic fail" or even the term "epic" get old in the slightest for you?  i've said the word about "epic" maybe 4 times in my entire lifetime, but with the amount it's used now it makes me sick to think that i used such a word.  on one end, you have JoshP using it.  on the other, you have a fat chick in my math class (who is so FUCKING LOUD i can't hear the goddamn teache)r using it.

the population of people who use the word "epic" in any other form than that of an "epic" tale, such as The Odyssey, are those that don't deserve to pass their genes on.
Epic post, haffey.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5731|Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm currently at 45% Downloading the 64 bit ISO, and I have ReloadEvery running every 30 seconds on the serial page.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5703|Notts, UK

CrazeD wrote:

I think I find your problem: Aging and shit hardware.

Also remember that drivers are very different from XP to Vista, because they don't share the same kernal. Drivers that are 100% stable in XP may very well be shit in Vista. You cannot blame Vista for this fact, as that has nothing to do with Vista and everything to do with whoever makes your drivers.
No. Drivers in Vista are most likely either identical or extrmely similar to the drivers in W7. In W7, they work perfectly, in XP they work perfectly, in Vista they cause problems and fail. The hardware is not the problem - it can run in Windows 7, a newer OS - which by your argument assumes that newer OSs work worse with old hardware - however this is not the case.

Clearly Vista could not handle old hardware, and BSOD's and crashes when it is used on older hardware - but W7 handles it perfectly without problems using the same drivers.

W7 wins, Vista fails /discussion
CrazeD
+368|6686|Maine
I've used Vista with older hardware than your sig, with no problems.

It's funny how W7 hasn't been out long at all and everybody is already praising it, without the finished product and without even testing to call it awesome.

And then you all bash Vista with what sounds like very little experience with it. Seems you just follow the crowd, tbh.
Hakei
Banned
+295|6009
Where can I download W7?
JoshP
Banned
+176|5703|Notts, UK

Hakei wrote:

Where can I download W7?

rdx-fx wrote:

Fairly easy to find direct download link:

Official 64-bit
http://download.microsoft.com/download/ … EN_DVD.ISO

Official 32-bit
http://download.microsoft.com/download/ … EN_DVD.iso

Official Registration/Download pages.. not working properly at the moment
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/eval … 53205.aspx
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/window … nload.aspx

Now, if only I could get an official Key for the installation, I'd be set...
or the pirate bay
Hakei
Banned
+295|6009
Twelve minutes remaining on mine - hope I find a way to get a key :s
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5731|Vancouver, BC, Canada
The problem I'm seeing with Microsoft just calling it "7" is that it may get confusing when people start getting lazy and not saying Win/Windows, like XP or Vista aren't common terms so they don't often get confused, but a number?!
Hakei
Banned
+295|6009
Q. What OS do you use?
A. 7

I think most people would understand.

But yea, I know what you mean :p
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6857|Reykjavík, Iceland.

TheDonkey wrote:

The problem I'm seeing with Microsoft just calling it "7" is that it may get confusing when people start getting lazy and not saying Win/Windows, like XP or Vista aren't common terms so they don't often get confused, but a number?!
Win7?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6663

When are they actually going to give it a name? And does it have a code name, like Vista did with Longhorn?
Hakei
Banned
+295|6009

ghettoperson wrote:

When are they actually going to give it a name? And does it have a code name, like Vista did with Longhorn?
Windows 7 (formerly codenamed Blackcomb and Vienna) is the next release of Microsoft Windows
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6634|London, England
I don't understand all of this. Is this a beta that they are allowing people to download for free? Also if I do install this OS, will  I need to reinstall all the drivers and shit again. (well, stupid question...of course you will)

And another thing, what's the min requirements? Is it lower than Vista? Ok firstly, I would turn off that "aero" shit. But will 7 run on this PC:

AMD Athlon 3000
768MB RAM
Shitty 64MB built in video card

Obviously I wouldn't have all the bells and whistles turned on, and no I won't be doing any gaming or folding on it you cretins, but will it be good enough for normal shit?
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6299|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Mekstizzle wrote:

I don't understand all of this. Is this a beta that they are allowing people to download for free? Also if I do install this OS, will  I need to reinstall all the drivers and shit again. (well, stupid question...of course you will)

And another thing, what's the min requirements? Is it lower than Vista? Ok firstly, I would turn off that "aero" shit. But will 7 run on this PC:

AMD Athlon 3000
768MB RAM

Obviously I wouldn't have all the bells and whistles turned on, and no I won't be doing any gaming or folding on it you cretins, but will it be good enough for normal shit?
It will run even on Netbooks such as the Asus EEE PC according to MS
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6779|Cambridge (UK)

Hakei wrote:

Windows 7 (formerly codenamed Blackcomb...
OMG!

It's codename had the word 'black' in it.

It must, therefore, be a racist OS!

Boycot Win7 - The racist OS!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6634|London, England

FloppY_ wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

AMD Athlon 3000
768MB RAM

Yes but... my PC sux, and yes, I'm aware of what an EEE PC is.

0x17 wrote:

OMG!

It's codename had the word 'black' in it.

It must, therefore, be a racist OS!

Boycot Win7 - The racist OS!
And now I definitely ain't getting it

lol nah, I'll try it out. But then again, XP ain't broke for me right now, so why fix it...
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6299|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Mekstizzle wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

AMD Athlon 3000
768MB RAM

Yes but... my PC sux, and yes, I'm aware of what an EEE PC is.
tl;dr Your PC > EEE PC
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Drykill
I Like Waffles.
+47|6705|England
Guys download it with Internet Download Manager. Firefox > 220kb/s. IDM > 2.3Mb/s and you can pause it.
rdx-fx
+955|6605
Beta Keys are being handed out now;

64 Bit
https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperienc … fault.aspx

32 Bit
https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperienc … fault.aspx

Seems like there are only 5 distinct keys for each version?
Let me know if you all get different keys

32 bit key starts with
6JKV2-*****-*****-*****-*****
TQ32R-*****-*****-*****-*****
4HJRK-*****-*****-*****-*****
QXV7B-*****-*****-*****-*****
GG4MQ-*****-*****-*****-*****

64 bit key starts with
482XP-*****-*****-*****-*****
D9RHV-*****-*****-*****-*****
RFFTV-*****-*****-*****-*****
7XRCQ-*****-*****-*****-*****
JYDV8-*****-*****-*****-*****

(Don't worry, none of those keys are going to waste here)
mikkel
+383|6615
Those links defaulted to the Windows 7 page for me for about five minutes, then they started returning error pages.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6769|Scotland

I can't even download it...
Drykill
I Like Waffles.
+47|6705|England
I really don't like how it looks :\ Is there any way of changing the theme to Vista?
JoshP
Banned
+176|5703|Notts, UK

Drykill wrote:

I really don't like how it looks :\ Is there any way of changing the theme to Vista?
change the taskbar settings and it looks pretty much like vista

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard