¦TØP¦ Rommel1l
+8|6294
After reading this please,, follow the link and go vote for the Decriminalization of Marijuana.

"I will open the doors of government and ask you to be involved in your own democracy again." - President - Elect Barack Obama

What Are Your Top 10 Ideas for Change in America?

The Ideas for Change in America competition was created in response to Barack Obama's call for increased citizen involvement in government. The final round of voting began on January 5 and is comprised of the top 3 rated ideas from each of the 30 issues in the first round of the competition, which collectively received more than 250,000 votes.

The top 10 rated ideas from the final round will be presented to the Obama administration on January 16th at an event at the National Press Club in Washington, DC, co-hosted by the Case Foundation. At the event we will also announce the launch of a national advocacy campaign behind each idea in collaboration with our nonprofit partners to turn each idea into actual policy.

The #1 Voted Idea for Change right now?   =   Legalize the Medicinal and Recreational Use of Marijuana

(Do you want to tell Barack Obama that Marijuana should be legal or decriminalized? Then go register on this website and please vote yes for the Marijiuana Decriminalization.  Link:  http://www.change.org/ideas?order=top#listSection

I voted yes and I'm hoping alot of other people do as well.  Please, take the time to vote yes, and pass this information on to any relevant source you think of.  I already posted a bulletin on Myspace and Im trying to get all my friends to vote as well.

Cheers all-

Romm

Last edited by ¦TØP¦ Rommel1l (2009-01-08 11:08:13)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5694|College Park, MD
I think it should be at the very least decriminalized. There are other criminals that should be in jail instead of college kids caught smoking pot under a tree.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
¦TØP¦ Rommel1l
+8|6294

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I think it should be at the very least decriminalized. There are other criminals that should be in jail instead of college kids caught smoking pot under a tree.
Yes I agree also.  There are thousands of comments supporting your opinion along with this idea at the link.  Go vote and do your part to help this policy get reversed.

Thanks.

Romm
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6641
Rommel! Long time man, how are you?!
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6175|Ireland
All druggies should be lined up a shot.  What scabs of society.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6641

Lotta_Drool wrote:

All druggies should be lined up a shot.  What scabs of society.
f  u commie
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6175|Ireland
Pot heads are such retards.  It is illegal, F U and go to jail scabs.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
obvious troll is obvious
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6175|Ireland
Pot is bad for the environment.  I sense the conflict within you.
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6347|England - Kent
Vote no.

What will be next? Crack? Needles?

I have a friend who smokes pot and is in his late 30's and is a wreck he is unsocial and lazy he also has some thing the matter with his skin.
This don't sound like much but when you're too stoned to look after you're own house or family it becomes a HUGE issue.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6175|Ireland

xRBLx wrote:

Vote no.

I have a friend who smokes pot and is in his late 30's and is a wreck he is unsocial and lazy he also has some thing the matter with his skin.
This don't sound like much but when you're too stoned to look after you're own house or family it becomes a HUGE issue.
All parents should have a basement to house their 30 + year old pot head kid.  What is funny is when pot heads get married and their wives treat them like they are their kids, that is funny as hell to watch. 

Excerpts from actual conversation witnessed in presence of child.  Pot use verified by smell.

Why can't I buy an X-Box its my money bitch. 
Tim, I am not having this discussion with you again.
I work my ass off, and I'm gonna get one.
I'm leaving Tim. Are you comming or gonna walk home.
Fuuuuck, man.  You bought Tim Jr. a bike for his B-day though.
I'm going to the car.

These are the people Obama will listen to.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

xRBLx wrote:

Vote no.

and I have a friend who occasionally smokes pot and is currently attending Carnegie Mellon and leads a pretty successful and productive life. I myself don't smoke, but tobacco is just as dangerous, if not more so, than pot.
¦TØP¦ Rommel1l
+8|6294

Lotta_Drool wrote:

xRBLx wrote:

Vote no.

All parents should have a basement to house their 30 + year old pot head kid.  What is funny is when pot heads get married and their wives treat them like they are their kids, that is funny as hell to watch. 

Excerpts from actual conversation witnessed in presence of child.  Pot use verified by smell.

I'm going to the car.

I'm going to break this two both of you.  Outside the world you live in,  Marijuana actually does a lot of good, but not so in the case of both your loser acquintances.  Legalizing marijuana doesnt mean everyone is going to all of a sudden start lighting up and start smoking it.  It means that a plant, a plant that holds 1,000's of uses in todays society, will now be legal to use for purposes other than smoking.

The practical uses of the hemp plant are too long to list here.  I think, beyond the smoking part, the hemp plants uses are a bit out of your  perception range at this moment and time.

Instead of pinning the abilities and possibilities of a wonderful plant to one loser that you know, why dont you do some research and actually educate yourself on what your voting on instead of being unintelligent and just saying no and mentioning a loser you know.

Edit @ Lotta Drool.       Pot bad for the environment?  Actually hemp is better for the environment than anything we currently use.  This country uses tons of plastics and non-recyclable materials when they could be replaced by hemp products.

How many 1,000s of acres of rainforest and trees are cut down for paper?  Hemp produces 200% more fiber than trees.  It takes a tree 60 years to mature and a hemp plant 4 months.  Take a 100 plants of hemp in 4 months and you got 1 tree but it didnt take you 60 years?  See the logic?

Hemp is also used to make hemp oil.   This could be used for a source of energy that solves a lot of the energy needs.

Just read some comments on this original post's link and read up on what the possibilites are for Hemp.  You'll find its amazing.

Oh and just to mention....why is Hemp illegal?  Because a long time ago the cotton growers were losing money to hemp farmers because the hemp was more resourceful than cotton.  So, low and behold, the plantations owners started a shit storm and the President made hemp illegal - Thus returning the cotton farmers profits back to par.

Last edited by ¦TØP¦ Rommel1l (2009-01-08 15:25:02)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6682|Tampa Bay Florida
tbh alcohol is considerably more dangerous than marijuana... I say just legalize everything that way you can tax and regulate the hell out of it (and maintain a free market!!  right??)
¦TØP¦ Rommel1l
+8|6294
@ xRBLx   Here's a bit of information you might find interesting since you named your reason for a 'no' vote regarding your friend who sucks at life.

Marijuana Overdose
There is no existing evidence of anyone dying of a marijuana overdose. Tests performed on mice have shown that the ratio of cannabinoids (the chemicals in marijuana that make you high) necessary for overdose to the amount necessary for intoxication is 40,000:1.

For comparison's sake, that ratio for alcohol is generally between 4:1 and 10:1. Alcohol overdoses claim approximately 5,000 casualties yearly, but marijuana overdoses kill no one as far as any official reports.

Brain Damage
Marijuana is psychoactive because it stimulates certain brain receptors, but it does not produce toxins that kill them (like alcohol), and it does not wear them out as other drugs may. There is no evidence that marijuana use causes brain damage. Studies performed on actual human populations will confirm these results, even for chronic marijuana users (up to 18 joints per day) after many years of use.

In fact, following the publication of two 1977 JAMA studies, the American Medical Association (AMA) officially announced its support for the decriminalization of marijuana.

In reality, marijuana has the effect of slightly increasing alpha-wave activity in your brain. Alpha waves are generally associated with meditative and relaxed states, which are, in turn, often associated with human creativity.

Heart Problems
It is accepted in medical circles today that marijuana use causes no evident long-term cardiovascular problems for normal persons. Marijuana smoking, however, does cause changes in the heart and body's circulation characteristic of stress, which may complicate preexisting cardiovascular problems like hypertension, cerebrovascular disease, and coronary atherosclerosis. Marijuana's effects on blood pressure are complex and inconsistent as of yet.

Hormones
Chronic marijuana use has not been found to alter testosterone or other sex hormone levels. In contrast, heavy alcohol use is known to lower these same testosterone levels.

Reproductive Damage
No trustworthy study has ever shown that marijuana use damages the reproductive system, or causes chromosome breakage. Studies of actual human populations have failed to demonstrate that marijuana adversely affects the reproductive system. Claims that marijuana use may impair hormone production, menstrual cycles, or fertility in females are both unproven and unfounded.

The Immune System
Studies in which lab rats were injected with extremely large quantities of THC (the active compound in marijuana) have found that marijuana (in such unrealistically huge quantities) does have an "immunosuppressive effect" in those lab rats, in that it temporarily shuts off certain cells in the liver called lymphocytes and macrophages. These macrophages are useful in fighting off bacterial, not viral, infections.

But this is only for the duration of intoxication. There also exists some evidence that marijuana metabolites remain in the lungs for up to seven months after smoking has ceased, possibly affecting the immune system of the lungs (but not by turning the cells off).

This said, doctors and researchers are still not sure that the immune system is actually negatively affected in realistic situations since there are no numbers to support the idea. In fact, three studies showed that THC might have actually stimulated the immune system in the people studied.

Cancer
Smoking marijuana has the potential to cause both bronchitis and cancer of the lungs, throat, and neck, but this is generally no different than inhaling any other burnt carbon-containing matter since they all increase the number of lesions (and therefore possible infections) in your airways.

The Gateway Effect
Marijuana use has not been found to act as a gateway drug to the use of harder drugs. Studies show that when the Dutch partially legalized marijuana in the 70's, heroin and cocaine use substantially declined, despite a slight increase in marijuana use.

If the stepping stone theory were true, use should have gone up rather than down. In reality, it appears that marijuana use tends to substitute for the use of relatively more dangerous hard drugs like cocaine and heroin, rather than lead to their use.

Thus, oftentimes strict marijuana laws themselves are the most significant factor involved in moving on to harder drugs like cocaine. Such is the case in Nevada and Arizona, the states toughest on marijuana use.

Last edited by ¦TØP¦ Rommel1l (2009-01-08 15:56:01)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6403|'Murka

¦TØP¦ Rommel1l wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

xRBLx wrote:

Vote no.

I'm going to the car.

I'm going to break this two both of you.  Outside the world you live in,  Marijuana actually does a lot of good, but not so in the case of both your loser acquintances.  Legalizing marijuana doesnt mean everyone is going to all of a sudden start lighting up and start smoking it.  It means that a plant, a plant that holds 1,000's of uses in todays society, will now be legal to use for purposes other than smoking.

The practical uses of the hemp plant are too long to list here.  I think, beyond the smoking part, the hemp plants uses are a bit out of your  perception range at this moment and time.

Instead of pinning the abilities and possibilities of a wonderful plant to one loser that you know, why dont you do some research and actually educate yourself on what your voting on instead of being unintelligent and just saying no and mentioning a loser you know.

Edit @ Lotta Drool.       Pot bad for the environment?  Actually hemp is better for the environment than anything we currently use.  This country uses tons of plastics and non-recyclable materials when they could be replaced by hemp products.

How many 1,000s of acres of rainforest and trees are cut down for paper?  Hemp produces 200% more fiber than trees.  It takes a tree 60 years to mature and a hemp plant 4 months.  Take a 100 plants of hemp in 4 months and you got 1 tree but it didnt take you 60 years?  See the logic?

Hemp is also used to make hemp oil.   This could be used for a source of energy that solves a lot of the energy needs.

Just read some comments on this original post's link and read up on what the possibilites are for Hemp.  You'll find its amazing.

Oh and just to mention....why is Hemp illegal?  Because a long time ago the cotton growers were losing money to hemp farmers because the hemp was more resourceful than cotton.  So, low and behold, the plantations owners started a shit storm and the President made hemp illegal - Thus returning the cotton farmers profits back to par.
You do realize that hemp is already legal for uses other than smoking, right?

As to whether medicinal/recreational mj use should be legal...absolutely. Tax the ever-loving shit out of it, too.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
Overtax it and people will just buy it off the black market, it will probably be better quality too.
¦TØP¦ Rommel1l
+8|6294

FEOS wrote:

¦TØP¦ Rommel1l wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I'm going to the car.

You do realize that hemp is already legal for uses other than smoking, right?

As to whether medicinal/recreational mj use should be legal...absolutely. Tax the ever-loving shit out of it, too.
I disagree with the taxing it though.  Its a plant, we shouldnt get taxed from growing something in our backyard.  Unless you like giving the ever-loving shit out of your money to the government.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

like i said in many other threads.  please make it legal.  it would be less strong, regulated and not spiked.  and taxed.  it would piss stoners off and make it not "cool."
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
I'd rather pay tax and give money to government than funding drug dealers and all the shit that's related with that. Also then it's more controlled, less chance of getting fucked over, all the crime related to the specific drug trade with weed etc.. would reduce. Wouldn't be a bad idea.
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.

usmarine wrote:

like i said in many other threads.  please make it legal.  it would be less strong, regulated and not spiked.  and taxed.  it would piss stoners off and make it not "cool."
Lulz stereotyping.

Honestly though I don't care either way, I'm still going to smoke it, and if it's 15% more legal then I'll just buy it illegally. Like I buy knock off designer sunglasses. I smoke it mostly in my house, but that's just my trying to impress my Dog when I do it...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

Rommel wrote:

After reading this please,, follow the link and go vote for the Decriminalization of Marijuana.
Nope.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6752|San Antonio, Texas
The only problem I have with legalizing it is that the money the government would make on it would just pay for the welfare checks of people that lose their job because of it. I work at a family owned nursery, so if they make it legal for us to grow it, I would be more in favor of it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

M5Sniper3 wrote:

The only problem I have with legalizing it is that the money the government would make on it would just pay for the welfare checks of people that lose their job because of it.
Who would lose their jobs?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina

Lotta_Drool wrote:

xRBLx wrote:

Vote no.

I'm going to the car.

This is kind of ironic, considering both of you seem to support the current nanny state policy we have in place for pot.

If you want less tax money wasted on drug abuse, legalize it and tax it.  That way, society actually profits from pot, rather than getting fucked by a futile war on personal freedom.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard