FloppY_
­
+1,010|6282|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Sins of a solar empire

Wait, what?
Has anyone here even played it ?

Last edited by FloppY_ (2009-01-01 05:15:22)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6737

It's IGN, I don't care.

Fallout 3 Easily deserved GOTM anyway.
Kez
+778|5699|London, UK
Lmfao
FloppY_
­

Jestar wrote:

True that...
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6459|cuntshitlake

IGN has gotten some money for that I bet.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6677|Disaster Free Zone

FloppY_ wrote:

Sins of a solar empire

Wait, what?
Yes... it was shit.

Even my friend who liked it stop playing after about 3 weeks.
FloppY_
­

DeathUnlimited wrote:

IGN has gotten some money for that I bet.
But, but, I trusted them https://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Sad/sad-049.gif
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6839|Reykjavík, Iceland.

DrunkFace wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Sins of a solar empire

Wait, what?
Yes... it was shit.

Even my friend who liked it stop playing after about 3 weeks.
It was awesome, but it got old and boring after the first round you play.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6571|London
My friend made a mod that sped the game up 100 times. It was a pretty good game then
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6762|UK

Jestar wrote:

It's IGN, I don't care.

Having played the game alot in the past few days I can straight up say no. Fallout 3 most certianly does NOT deserve any GOTY awards. The combat is sooooo fucking clunky. The failed miserably to improve the oblivion combat in their engine. They only created 2 new creatures for their game, what a fucking cop-out. The perks are also pretty much all nicked, no creativity there. Theres bugger all quests, like 50 in total, over the entire game, for an RPG thats just fucking weak.

Just seriously doesn't even compare with fallout 1 and 2. Ive enjoyed playing it so far, but GOTY lol yeah right. end fallout 3 rant.

As to sins. It was a good real time space RTS, reminded me kinda of homeworld combined with imperium galactica. However it wasnt great. There was a serious lack of depth to it. The early game was the only challenge, after you had a massive fleet you couldnt fail to win.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6686|Tampa Bay Florida
pfft.  Whats better than Fallout 3 then?

ps - I hope you know that not every single "quest" is marked?  Theres tons of shit you can do and it won't show up in your pip boy.  you should go to the fallout 3 wiki if you really think its that bad.

oh and you think the combat is as bad as in Oblivion?  wow.  What game are you playing?

Last edited by Spearhead (2009-01-01 09:14:10)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6762|UK

Spearhead wrote:

ps - I hope you know that not every single "quest" is marked?  Theres tons of shit you can do and it won't show up in your pip boy.  you should go to the fallout 3 wiki if you really think its that bad.

oh and you think the combat is as bad as in Oblivion?  wow.  What game are you playing?
I have been to the fallout 3 wiki, there are less 50 quests.

K ill list quite a few games that are better:

GTAIV, even though it was a let down because they removed loads of the cool stuff you could do in SA its better than fallout 3.
Left 4 Dead.
Resistance 2 tbh, having far more fun playing that.
LBP
MGS4
Dead Space

to name a few.

Lol you think the combat isn't clunky?

Last edited by Vilham (2009-01-01 10:42:55)

Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6571|London

Vilham wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

I have been to the fallout 3 wiki, there are less 50 quests.

K ill list quite a few games that are better:

GTAIV, even though it was a let down because they removed loads of the cool stuff you could do in SA its better than fallout 3.
Left 4 Dead.
Resistance 2 tbh, having far more fun playing that.
LBP
MGS4
Dead Space

to name a few.

Lol you think the combat isn't clunky?
Kinda agree, this was my first impresion of the game quoted from the other fallout 3 thread:

Aries_37 wrote:

Well I've hardly started the main quest, have been doing the side missions first and the game is getting a bit weak. The combat is dire (just like it was in oblivion), tough fights involve running away, turning and taking a few shots or VATS them and then running away again It takes infinite ammo to kill anything even when you're capping them in the face at point blank with a shotgun.
The responses I got all revolved around ''improve small guns skill'' etc. Well I did and the combat mechanics didn't get any better...killing things so fast that you don't notice the combat =/= a good combat system.

That being said I would still give it GOTY. Mainly because 2008 sucked for games (I don't have a ps3 and I lol @ the xbox), couldn't even bring myself to finish dead space or farcry 2 due to mindnumbing and repetitive gameplay
At least I finished Fallout 3, enjoyed the ending, but will probs never play it again.
FloppY_
­

Aries_37 wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

Well I've hardly started the main quest, have been doing the side missions first and the game is getting a bit weak. The combat is dire (just like it was in oblivion), tough fights involve running away, turning and taking a few shots or VATS them and then running away again It takes infinite ammo to kill anything even when you're capping them in the face at point blank with a shotgun.
The responses I got all revolved around ''improve small guns skill'' etc. Well I did and the combat mechanics didn't get any better...killing things so fast that you don't notice the combat =/= a good combat system.

That being said I would still give it GOTY. Mainly because 2008 sucked for games (I don't have a ps3 and I lol @ the xbox), couldn't even bring myself to finish dead space or farcry 2 due to mindnumbing and repetitive gameplay
At least I finished Fallout 3, enjoyed the ending, but will probs never play it again.
You must have been doing it wrong... that's not the same combat that I experience at all -.-

Fallout3 is imho the best game to be released since half-life 2...

One thing I will agree with though, is that after you have explored everything (and I do mean, everything) there is not much appeal left in the game.. However that beeing said I don't think that the combat feels clunky at all... BF2 is far worse when it comes to that...

Maybe we see 2008 as a "bad year" for gaming because 2007 was such an awesome year with the orange box, unreal III, call of duty modern warfare, etc. etc. etc.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6650

Well at least it wasn't Spore....
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6533|Long Island, New York
It's not GOTY...it's PC GOTY. I don't know why people are getting all flustered about it..

And compared to the other choices (Crysis: Warhead, Spore, etc) I'd say it deserved it.

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-01-01 12:36:00)

DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6152|Vancouver | Canada

Poseidon wrote:

It's not GOTY...it's PC GOTY. I don't know why people are getting all flustered about it..

And compared to the other choices (Crysis: Warhead, Spore, etc) I'd say it deserved it.
At least Crysis had cool combat.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6650

I think I'm with the anti-F3 camp on this thread. Sure it was a good game, but certainly not GOTY (PC). GOTY are games that go down in history, are very memorable, and games that you can play for ages and ages and still have fun, get excited about it, and still be wow'ed. While I did have fun in F3, I couldn't say I was very excited prior to playing it, or even during my play time. As a matter of fact, last night I started a new game; I wanted to create a new character and go through 100% of the quests this time around and collect everything. Well an hour into it I was bored already. Sure, I hadn't gotten to the good parts yet, but still, a GOTY is a game that holds your attention from start to finish, not only for the first time through, but even for the second, third, fourth times through.
FloppY_
­

DefCon-17 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

At least Crysis had cool combat.
So shooting a supermutant in the face resulting in his head flying off and his body scissorkicking his head away isn't cool???

Fallout 3 is pretty epic imo tbh....

Crysis Warhead is also a serious contender, but it was too short to be "game" of the year since it was more of an expansion...
Stimey
­
+786|6116|Ontario | Canada
SupCom?
That was pretty fun.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6762|UK

Stimey wrote:

SupCom?
That was pretty fun.
came out either end of 2006 or early 2007 cant remember anymore.
Stimey
­
+786|6116|Ontario | Canada
wow really?
CoH was pretty fun too, OF must have come out this year.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6466
SoaSE was a really good game, I enjoyed playing it... didn't have a great lifespan for me, but then again I'm the anti-RTS gamer so.

Even though it's shitty IGN, fair play to them for selecting a game based off actual quality, made by a smallish developer. Loads of other media sites are just spewing out the GOTY title to the predictable shit-titles based off hype / money / sales etc.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS
SoaSE was good. I never got into it (mostly because I don't have that much spare time), but it was a finely polished game.

Last edited by Spark (2009-01-01 17:13:21)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
FloppY_
­

Vilham wrote:

Stimey wrote:

SupCom?
That was pretty fun.
came out either end of 2006 or early 2007 cant remember anymore.

wiki wrote:

Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

Release date(s)     November 6, 2007 (US)
November 23, 2007 (Europe)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard