TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5992|Toronto

Reciprocity wrote:

-make sure tires are the same size. -obvious, but you'd be surprised
-check tire pressure.
-check tire wear.

-possibly damaged/worn/loose strut, lower control arm, tie rod end, ball joint.  damaged steering racks don't usually cause pulls, but it is possible. 

-could be a binding brake caliper.

-Have you ever curbed your car?
-Does the car pull any more or less when the brakes are applied?  When the park brake is applied?

also remember that roads are built with a crown to facilitate drainage.  Right side is lower than the left so vehicles always tend towards the right.  The effect is usually compensated for in the alignment.

beyond that I'd have to experience to condition, or percieved condition.
Tru dat. Also, check that your tyres are rotating in the right direction. Some nub did that to me once...check for an arrow.
I like pie.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5692
WTF? I just spent $80 for them to "fix" it, and it still does the same shit. He said that he can't see anything wrong with it, and it's just due to the powertrain or some shit. How the fuck can 2 different places not figure it the fuck out? Fuck FWD cars; I'm so close to going to trade this shit in.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6485|6 6 4 oh, I forget

phishman420 wrote:

WTF? I just spent $80 for them to "fix" it, and it still does the same shit. He said that he can't see anything wrong with it, and it's just due to the powertrain or some shit. How the fuck can 2 different places not figure it the fuck out? Fuck FWD cars; I'm so close to going to trade this shit in.
I have the purrfect solution for u.

Turbo Suzuki Hayabusa 1400cc from Roaring Toyz

https://www.roaringtoyz.com/08VenBusaAlbum/thumbnails/3.jpg

phishman420
Banned
+821|5692
I've known 2 people who have died in the past yr. or so from motorcycle wrecks (other person's fault both times), so fuck those things.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6485|6 6 4 oh, I forget

phishman420 wrote:

I've known 2 people who have died in the past yr. or so from motorcycle wrecks (other person's fault both times), so fuck those things.
Sry man...

phishman420
Banned
+821|5692
I've ridden dirt bikes, and I can imagine how much fun a real bike would be, but there are just too many horrible drivers on the roads; I see multiple every day. Not going to put my life in someone else's hands that easily.
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6796|Anaheim, CA

Yeah tie rod and/or screwed up tire.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5692

GuliblGuy wrote:

Yeah tie rod and/or screwed up tire.
The tires have been rotated. If it was the tie rod, why didn't either of the mechanics notice it?

When you are coasting in neutral, there is no pull. It has to have something to do with the FWD.

Last edited by phishman420 (2008-12-31 10:38:33)

TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5992|Toronto
Differential must be messed up. If you put power to it, it'll spin one wheel faster than it should.

My suggestions:

Go for a drive. Make sure you turn a lot. If it disappears when you're turning right and it gets worse when you turn left, that's your culprit (maybe)
I like pie.
Reciprocity
+721|6592|the dank(super) side of Oregon
sounds like a fun problem.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6581|Portland, OR, USA
Wait does it happen all the time or just on the freeway? On the freeway my car does it, my mom's car does it, my dad's car does it, if you let go of the wheel I'm pretty sure every car does it.

I thought that it just happened because the freeways are slightly angled to allow water to run off to the side
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6755|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
if one of your rotated wheels is out of balance , it could cause a pull to one side.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5710
You should try posting on a automobile message board. Maybe they have better experience...?
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6643

12/f/taiwan wrote:

You should try posting on a automobile message board. Maybe they have better experience...?
Or on a battlefield 2 forum by the name of, Bf2s.com

Reciprocity
+721|6592|the dank(super) side of Oregon
This is the diagnostic proceedure I'd follow if I got my hands on your car.

http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/B06-034.PDF
phishman420
Banned
+821|5692
Looks like fun.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard