polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6797|Singapore

*hipthrusts Zaius1000* Shut up and moan.
|DL|Krokkieboy
+16|6685

Zaius1000 wrote:

I currently have 175 more kills than i do deaths, is that good? Or is that bad? Do i need more kills? Am i a good player for having more kills than deaths? How many more kills than deaths do i need to be considered "good?"
Depends i guess , if you only have 1 death and 175 kills your good , if you have 10000 deaths and 10175 kills your not really good lol.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6728|California

it just means that you get, well, more kills than deaths

i just rolled over to a 2.00 K/D Ratio, so i stand at 11,000 deaths and 26,000 kills
|DL|Krokkieboy
+16|6685

Zaius1000 wrote:

Most people i see have like 5298 kills and 7483 deaths. Having more kills than deaths, is that a mark of a good player?
No they are even worse , really if you wanna se a good player he needs like 3.00 kdr atleast
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6766|06-01
if you are talking about people with more deaths than kills who are 'good' than look for mikeshw
BurlySmurf
+1|6763|Nellis AFB
It is a sign. It could also be from someone spending all of their time in planes/armor. It is alot easier to get a higher K/D in vehicles than on foot. Since I got a bit better I have been averaging 2-4 to 1 on foot and 7-10 to 1 in armor/planes. This is a big step up from when I started and could barely break even on a good day.

I usually go off how many kills to deaths they have with infantry weapons. Then look at the rest of the stats to judge someone.
Papa Smurf 314
Right in the Smurfin' parking lot?
+90|6778|New York
I have 500 more kills than deaths, and i've just shot up before for some reason.. I guess it's good if you're just starting out, but when you get past 5000 kills, you should have a pretty good kdr to be "good".
|DL|Krokkieboy
+16|6685

Zaius1000 wrote:

Right. But sometimes in some games i get alot of deaths and that lowers my kd ratio. I dont like that. I get angry.
heh well its just a game , but never start to type when your angry people luv it

Theres nothing more fun then a nic egame with alot of kills and the victims start to cry abt cheating etc..

Gotta luv it
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6777|Human Meat Shield
Yeah, getting you K/D over 1.00 is considered good. IMO alot of players don't hoof it, they take the easy route and use the superpowers of the game. I guess any advantage is cool, as long as people are okay with it. Everybody plays differently, just play and don't worry about things.
Maj.Do
+85|6760|good old CA
im working onit i know actually have more kills then deaths in a round lol.
only .76 but it went from .65 : )
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6709|MoVal So-Cal
I have 1000 more kills then deaths with a ratio if 1.36
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6732|New Hampshire
I have about 7,000 more kills than deaths with a KDR of 1.63 - aiming for that 2.0.  Personally, I think that SPM is a true mark of a good player, because it shows how useful they are to their team.  Hell, if I die 12 times and revive 24 people, i get 12 deaths, but save 24 tickets for my team.  Anyone can whore a vehicle or armor, which is the bulk of a lot of peoples KDR's.
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6736|Madrid, Spain
I started as a n00b and went for all badges and stuff, whatever the cost...
One day I realized I had 0.63 ratio.... since then I have been working to improve it, and having positive rate every day

I am a good player though
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6709|MoVal So-Cal
dotto to that because SPM is the tru sign of a good player. Armor, jets and choppers do lift the K2D ratio up quite a bit.
imdead
Death StatPadder
Disagree with the SPM, that can be that you play small/medium or not full servers and rack up 200 Pts IAR.  Or Pad in some way or other like medic on Kark. That stat to me is like the W/L ratio, bunch of hoopla.

A good player is K/D on the weapons, not the overall. Some people can have 5.56 on the overall on tanks and aviator; and only .36 on the certain weapons. Just my opinion.

Last edited by imdead (2006-01-27 01:09:40)

Metaltop
+1|6771|The Netherlands
I always want my K/D Ratio more than 2.00 (also when I played Battlefield42 or UT).

I'm now at 3.44 so I thats fine.
I can die more than 2500 times now and still have a K/D Ratio above 3.

With BF42 noone cared about his stats,, stats are just showing what you like (planes, tanks etc)
And what you are good in.
Methos_Tribun
+0|6748
I'm thinking, that a good kill death ratio is not the only thing to become or be a good player.  Every good palyer as several skills on foot fights, vehicle battles and teamwork. Dominating just one part can't be enough to say I'm a good player.

Have a look on my stats. Many of my kills came from vehicles. But i still suck for infantry and planes. For me that is just a learning process to become better. I guess it's not even helpfull to have all this lags in the wrong moments (dogfights).
All my graphic details are on low and the internet connection of 600/100 kbit/s doesn't alow a low ping. Change this things could let me become better, because i have the practies
cohen1976
+14|6776
most off the people with a K/D ratio above 2.00 are just plane/tank whores, nothing to do about skil imo
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6785|Kansas, USA

stryyker wrote:

it just means that you get, well, more kills than deaths

i just rolled over to a 2.00 K/D Ratio, so i stand at 11,000 deaths and 26,000 kills
You failed math? That many Kils and Deaths would be a 2.36 ratio.
Metaltop
+1|6771|The Netherlands

cohen1976 wrote:

most off the people with a K/D ratio above 2.00 are just plane/tank whores, nothing to do about skil imo
LOL, you have 133 hours in a Helicopter and 50 hours in a Plane and 40 hours in a tank..
What you need to say is that YOU don't have the skills.

Don't complain about others while you are doing it yourself (only you aren't doing it good).

Last edited by Metaltop (2006-01-27 01:29:52)

imdead
Death StatPadder
Skill and 'Good' players are in the eye of the beholder, if you look at your stats and say I earned this and didn't get them by the superpowers. IMO if your score is ~2  and overall K/D ~1.5 and your weapons are at least 1 and your overall vehicles are greater than 1 but less than 3, then I consider those people good.
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6691|Stillwater, Ok
I have a 1.63 ratio or something like that.  9000+ kills over 6000+ kills.  Only a little over 200 hours playing time too. So i'm happy with mine. Alot of tank time ill admit that but not much chopper or plane. Most of it has been ground humping.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard