sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6767|Argentina
MGS4.  Well done Kojima, a deserved award tbh.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/m … atchlink;1
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6162|what

lol unbelievable.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Dookie0119
+43|5787
Yeah saw this on the 27th...Fallout 3 deserved it IMO.

But I've never played MGS4. Seems to be a very Overrated game tbh.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6767|Argentina

Dookie0119 wrote:

But I've never played MGS4. Seems to be a very Overrated game tbh.
Not overrated at all.  It's one of the best games ever.
Kez
+778|5712|London, UK
wp Kojima

Cheers Serge 
blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5757|Croatia
MGS franchise has always been top notch!Didn't have the chance to play #4 though.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6765|Scotland

Expected. GG.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6279
I've still not played 4. No PS3 because they're so damn expensive.

I want to though. I will one day.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6700|Devon, England
Bah.

Left 4 Dead > that.

I guess this included games from all platforms, so maybe it's a fair call.

But PC wise, L4D.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England
There were loads of good games this year, this year was probably the best year I've ever seen. (Yeah I know you fags will start saying "no the year X was better because some shitty fantasy game that all us gamer nerds like came out in that year" but still)

Dunno about MGS4 being on top, I mean the graphics were awesome and so was the story but the gameplay in MGS4 is kinda lame
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6765|Scotland

Mekstizzle wrote:

There were loads of good games this year, this year was probably the best year I've ever seen. (Yeah I know you fags will start saying "no the year X was better because some shitty fantasy game that all us gamer nerds like came out in that year" but still)

Dunno about MGS4 being on top, I mean the graphics were awesome and so was the story but the gameplay in MGS4 is kinda lame
It's a love/hate relationship. Where most people love it, but the odd one hates the gameplay. It's taste, really. It's quite unique.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6477
Red Alert 3 > everything else tbh.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6295|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Dookie0119 wrote:

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6540|Boston, MA
I'm glad MGS4 received the GotY from Gamespot, it's about time somebody realizes how amazing this game truly was. They pretty much hit the nail right on the head with all the comments too. Towards the end, they talk about how you can play it as a shooter or as a stealth game and it's just as good either way, that was one of the first things I noticed about the game. I always enjoyed the MGS games but never really got too into them as a kid. I never beat MGS1, I beat MGS2, and never even played MGS3. I bought the MGS4 bundle pack with PS3 and popped it in the day I got my HDMI cable. I didn't take it out for maybe a month, playing possibly the most engrossing game I have ever played in my life. The thought that people don't enjoy this game is beyond me, I don't understand what's wrong with them. It made me go out and buy the MGS collector's edition with the first 3 so I can replay all of them. I'm kind of pissed that this is probably the last one.

Also, as a sidenote, I'm honestly surprised GoW2 wasn't in there at all. That's the only 360 exclusive I wish was on PS3 so I can enjoy it too.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6444
90 minutes of cutscenes isn't a game.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6767|Argentina

Fat_Swinub wrote:

90 minutes of cutscenes isn't a game.
/facedesk
Brasso
+1,549|6640

I expected it, as everyone seems to have a fucking hard-on for MGS this, MGS that.  Personally I hated MGS 3 (I only played about 25 minutes of it out of sheer frustration).

Gamespot is a joke though, I don't know why I still go there.

Please please please let the console kiddies vote in their own section next time.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6444

haffeysucks wrote:

Gamespot is a joke
FloppY_
­

Fat_Swinub wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Gamespot is a joke
QFT
Brasso
+1,549|6640

FloppY_ wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Gamespot is a joke
QFT
the thing is, i KNOW it, yet it's the only site i ever go to like it.  i need to get to IGN more.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
FloppY_
­

haffeysucks wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

QFT
the thing is, i KNOW it, yet it's the only site i ever go to like it.  i need to get to IGN more.
Zero Punctuation > IGN > Gametrailers > Gamesradar > Gamespot

tbh
Brasso
+1,549|6640

FloppY_ wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

QFT

tbh
i can't understand yahtzee's speech.  is that bad?
FloppY_
­

haffeysucks wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

tbh
i can't understand yahtzee's speech.  is that bad?
If you are a native american, yes I'm fluent in english although I am Danish, and I understand him completely
Haven't met a freind who could yet though
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6767|Argentina

haffeysucks wrote:

I expected it, as everyone seems to have a fucking hard-on for MGS this, MGS that.  Personally I hated MGS 3 (I only played about 25 minutes of it out of sheer frustration).

Please please please let the console kiddies vote in their own section next time.
Is it a joke because people voted for MGS4?
FloppY_
­

sergeriver wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Is it a joke because people voted for MGS4?
Nah because their reviews are usually pretty biased towards whoever pays the most for having commercials on the site...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard