ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command
Yes, it true. I am a real estate speculator.

When I was called that in a different thread I felt rage. But he was right.

My mistake was assuming that there was actual value in what I was buying. I speculated that greed on the banks and loan writers part wasn't such that the economy would tank. I speculated that our elected leaders would use their oversight powers to ensure that the crooks wouldn't do things that would damage our economy. The worlds economy.

I speculated that there wasn't anything outside my own actions that would destroy eight five percent of my earning potential.

Man did I ever fuck up.

So, my home has a $436000 note and the bankers say it is worth $185000 and is expect to go another twenty five percent down. I never took a penny in equity.

So now I speculate on what the hell to do.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

Ouch. As long as you're planning on living there, it's all good. I mean, it makes no difference to you what the house is worth. Just that you could have saved a lot. It'll go back up in the future.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

Well good luck with whatever you do end up choosing. But remember that the down turn isn't forever, despite what some may tell you.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85
You never move.

hah.

No that's not funny.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

Tell the bank that if they want to see even half that note (~$218K) then they need to restructure your mortgage.  It's not rational for them to take a $400K plus promissary note and devalue it into a non-money making <$185K problem.  Have you engaged your lender/bank yet?
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6181|Ireland

ATG wrote:

My mistake was assuming that there was actual value in what I was buying. I speculated that greed on the banks and loan writers part wasn't such that the economy would tank. I speculated that our elected leaders would use their oversight powers to ensure that the crooks wouldn't do things that would damage our economy. The worlds economy.

I speculated that there wasn't anything outside my own actions that would destroy eight five percent of my earning potential.

Man did I ever fuck up.

So, my home has a $436000 note and the bankers say it is worth $185000 and is expect to go another twenty five percent down. I never took a penny in equity.

I would speculate the bank fucked up when they bought your home and I would live there until they kick me out without making payments and stockpile as much money as you can.

Banks don't have families with children, this is their problem and you have already bailed them out with your payments so far and the taxes on the money they recieved from OUR government.

basically, fuck em.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Tell the bank that if they want to see even half that note (~$218K) then they need to restructure your mortgage.  It's not rational for them to take a $400K plus promissary note and devalue it into a non-money making <$185K problem.  Have you engaged your lender/bank yet?
I have no idea what you just said.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

ghettoperson wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

The outstanding amount on his loan is $436K.  The house is valued at $185K.  Why would a bank throw away an obviously large amount of profit to kick him out and sell the house (at a loss)?  It doesn't make sense for them to lose that amount.  Restructuring his loan to about half the outstanding amount ($218K) would mean that they (the bank) doesn't lose a larger amount through foreclosure.

Would you rather be owed $436 and collect $218; or be owed $436, collect nothing and have a $185 (and declining) voucher that you would still need to sell or sit on to recoup some of it?

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-12-29 17:49:22)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX

ATG wrote:

My mistake was assuming that there was actual value in what I was buying.
Oops.
Suggest renegotiating.
At least interest rates are down, that $430k should only be costing you $13k/yr - doesn't seem too bad.
Good luck.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2008-12-29 17:53:39)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

The outstanding amount on his loan is $436K.  The house is valued at $185K.  Why would a bank throw away an obviously large amount of profit to kick him out and sell the house (at a loss)?  It doesn't make sense for them to lose that amount.  Restructuring his loan to about half the outstanding amount ($218K) would mean that they (the bank) doesn't lose a larger amount through foreclosure.

Would you rather be owed $436 and collect $218; or be owed $436, collect nothing and have a $185 (and declining) voucher that you would still need to sell or sit on to recoup some of it?
Ah, gotcha. I didn't realise it was possible to do this. But yes, it makes perfect sense.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

i speculate this is a pissing match between you and kmar.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
I speculate, therefore I am.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

usmarine wrote:

Link to thread where the pissing started?
Reciprocity
+721|6579|the dank(super) side of Oregon

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Don't forget the $30-70k the bank has to spend just to foreclose.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

ghettoperson wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Link to thread where the pissing started?
Don't cross the streams!
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

The bankers say it is worth $185000 and is expect to go another twenty five percent down.
Why would you believe them? Have you had an appraisal or a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA)?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6690|Calgary

ATG wrote:

Man did I ever fuck up.

It will come back....just ride out the storm.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Also take solace in knowing that you are not alone. The 2007-09' credit crisis will forever be taken into consideration will reviewing peoples financial history.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned

Kmarion wrote:

ATG wrote:

The bankers say it is worth $185000 and is expect to go another twenty five percent down.
Why would you believe them? Have you had an appraisal or a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA)?
I only have Zillo, and the vast array of for sale signs and abandoned houses.

A further point is that it is illogical for property values to come back any time soon, unless there is a matching rise in incomes. The median prices were so out of whack with median incomes that the obvious reality is that if homes regain their values within ten years it will be because of further manipulation, and another bubble will have been inflated.
Who wants that?

ken and kman are both right in that the banks have no choice but to work with me.

All I need is steady work, the status quo of two years ago. eg; today i did 3900 in work at a total cost of 1800 including overhead. I only need to do that twice a week to be in a excellent position.

This has been an attempt at redistribution of wealth on the sly. They took it too far, or it is as i said a long time ago; a geo-political strategy to make sure countries like china and india do not become as wealthy as the U.S. and U.k. are. What better way than to make them depend on us for their economic prosperity and then to yank them back into the dirt farm.

Don't tell me our government is made up of idiots too stupid and corrupt to not see what was coming, or not care. Tell me that, make me believe it  and I will go on the war path. Nope. This is all by design. The how is the economy, the why is because the strongest control the weak.

So what if a few million Americans become " ill housed, ill clothed and ill fed " in the process.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6643
So, my home has a $436000 note and the bankers say it is worth $185000 and is expect to go another twenty five percent down. I never took a penny in equity.DAMN!!! thats a huge drop
ATG
Banned

blademaster wrote:

So, my home has a $436000 note and the bankers say it is worth $185000 and is expect to go another twenty five percent down. I never took a penny in equity.DAMN!!! thats a huge drop
huh.
You too?

That's freaky bro.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6643

ATG wrote:

blademaster wrote:

huh.
You too?

That's freaky bro.
well I just got here didnt read the entire thread or everyone's responses
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

ATG wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

ATG wrote:

A further point is that it is illogical for property values to come back any time soon, unless there is a matching rise in incomes. The median prices were so out of whack with median incomes that the obvious reality is that if homes regain their values within ten years it will be because of further manipulation, and another bubble will have been inflated.
Who wants that?

ken and kman are both right in that the banks have no choice but to work with me.

All I need is steady work, the status quo of two years ago. eg; today i did 3900 in work at a total cost of 1800 including overhead. I only need to do that twice a week to be in a excellent position.

This has been an attempt at redistribution of wealth on the sly. They took it too far, or it is as i said a long time ago; a geo-political strategy to make sure countries like china and india do not become as wealthy as the U.S. and U.k. are. What better way than to make them depend on us for their economic prosperity and then to yank them back into the dirt farm.

Don't tell me our government is made up of idiots too stupid and corrupt to not see what was coming, or not care. Tell me that, make me believe it  and I will go on the war path. Nope. This is all by design. The how is the economy, the why is because the strongest control the weak.

So what if a few million Americans become " ill housed, ill clothed and ill fed " in the process.
Zillow.com

You are a willing-to-work somebody...that means more in our environment than someone that faked their loan and tried to pay.  As much as I dislike your stances on 90% of the things we 'discuss' here, you are in a position to take advantage of the dire situation.  DO IT, don't talk about it.  I know you'll tell me your hardships and how hard it is to secure work, but you have a family and I don't, so do what you need to do.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX

ATG wrote:

You credit your govt with being that smart, principled or patriotic?

They don't give a crap if China becomes richer, as long as they cream their 5% off the top of the money flowing abroad they're happy, never mind the state of the country.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2008-12-30 00:25:09)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
ATG
Banned

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

ATG wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Who wants that?

Zillow.com

You are a willing-to-work somebody...that means more in our environment than someone that faked their loan and tried to pay.  As much as I dislike your stances on 90% of the things we 'discuss' here, you are in a position to take advantage of the dire situation.  DO IT, don't talk about it.  I know you'll tell me your hardships and how hard it is to secure work, but you have a family and I don't, so do what you need to do.
Aye. Thank thank ye sire.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard