usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/

Anyone else shop there or something like it?  Because I have tried them for exactly one month now and have never felt better in my life.  The chicken and stuff tastes so much better.  Not to mention its better for you there.
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5926|United States

usmarine wrote:

Anyone else shop there or something like it?  Because I have tried them for exactly one month now and have never felt better in my life.  The chicken and stuff tastes so much better.  Not to mention its better for you there.
yeah, that place is delicious, they've got a lot of imported stuff too. But it's more on the expensive side
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6699|67.222.138.85
A friend of mine swears by it. The one time I went there with him I felt surrounded by dirty yet somehow middle class hippies.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

A friend of mine swears by it. The one time I went there with him I felt surrounded by dirty yet somehow middle class hippies.
well that is true.  but, its good food plus tons of hot chicks seem to always be in there.  no fat housewives.
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5926|United States

usmarine wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

well that is true.  but, its good food plus tons of hot chicks seem to always be in there.  no fat housewives.
no milfs???
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

argo4 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

no milfs???
yes there are milfs.  i meant the women in there know what a treadmill looks like.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6513|Austin, Texas
Down here, we refer to it as "Whole Paycheck".

Food's delicious and fresh no doubt, but leaving that store with anything more than a bag or two of groceries will leave your pockets empty. Their stuffed chicken = mmm. Pulled pork is good, and they have some cinnamon roasted pecans... oh my lawd.

Great place to stop for lunch.
i like to buy fruit there
ghettoperson
+1,943|6642

Sounds like you've turned into a pussy Marine. Chemical shit is good for you, man the fuck up!
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6358|California
nearest one to me is 45miles away so i dont think so
CrazeD
+368|6665|Maine
Usually food that's bad for you tastes better than food that's good for you.

So I'm sticking with the good stuff.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6684|Calgary

CrazeD wrote:

Actually, thats not true. Once you break away from the fucken chemicals and additives.....real food tastes really good and it doesn't slow you down.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6684|Calgary

usmarine wrote:

Don't have em in Canada, well, not in my part of Canada. We do have stores like that... Love the smell of fresh baked breads and slow oven roasted chicken.  Ymmmmmmmm. Plus I don't mind paying more for quality.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

There's one near my campus, but since I'm a poor college student, I can't afford to shop there. It does taste really good, though. However, I prefer Trader Joe's over Whole Foods.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

CrazeD wrote:

ya i used to think that.  then i went there one day and ate at one of the little restaurants they have.  then i attended some of their cooking classes.  and honestly, that place has changed my mind completely on what food is supposed to taste like.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

ghettoperson wrote:

Sounds like you've turned into a pussy Marine. Chemical shit is good for you, man the fuck up!
i reckon you are correct.  i even watch cooking shows on PBS lulz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

i would like to but it is way too expensive for fruit there.  maybe thats just because I am up north and fruit always costs more.  i remember when i lived in florida i was shocked how cheap the fruit was.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6212|Phoenix, AZ

usmarine wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

i would like to but it is way too expensive for fruit there.  maybe thats just because I am up north and fruit always costs more.  i remember when i lived in florida i was shocked how cheap the fruit was.
In AZ you just look for the deals in the paper  or interwebs and you get a few pounds, and then its not that bad
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

usmarine wrote:

Love Whole Foods and Trader Joes.  The food is so much better (and better for you).  It does run a little expensive compared to other grocery stores but the fact that you get fresh and often organic food is so solid.  I try to do all my grocery shopping there.

Marine the hipster.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6614|London, England

usmarine wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

ya i used to think that.  then i went there one day and ate at one of the little restaurants they have.  then i attended some of their cooking classes.  and honestly, that place has changed my mind completely on what food is supposed to taste like.
what the fuck happened to you, go back to basic training
Smithereener
+138|6308|California
I still haven't bought into the whole organic foods = better in every way possible thing yet (though we do grow some fruits/veggies at home), but I'd like to check this store out when I'm back at uni (closest one is too far away from home).

I do like Trader Joes, there's one maybe 3 minutes away from where I live. Is nice.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6749|Scotland

Smithereener wrote:

I still haven't bought into the whole organic foods = better in every way possible thing yet (though we do grow some fruits/veggies at home), but I'd like to check this store out when I'm back at uni (closest one is too far away from home).

I do like Trader Joes, there's one maybe 3 minutes away from where I live. Is nice.
I'm half and half. I saw Organic gingerbread men, and I was like "fuck no".
jord
+2,382|6671|The North, beyond the wall.
These non organic cheap Bacon fries are nicer.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Love Whole Foods and Trader Joes.  The food is so much better (and better for you).  It does run a little expensive compared to other grocery stores but the fact that you get fresh and often organic food is so solid.  I try to do all my grocery shopping there.
I go to Joe's also.  And "The Fresh Market" is good for certain things too.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-12-28 16:52:05)

Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6456|Tyne & Wear, England
Are you a millionaire or what?
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard