SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

I've had my 360 for a year and never bothered to hook it up to the net ..... so I got a $100 bestbuy card and was thinkin about doing the wireless thing for it but

is it worth it ...

I don't play that many games anymore sooooo I'm not sure what the highlight of live would be
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
phishman420
Banned
+821|5651
I rarely use Live. Spend the money on something more useful.
Dookie0119
+43|5748
I installed live a few days ago, and since then, I've downloaded numerous demos.
iPwnerrrr
Lets go tazy crazy!
+19|6233
Even if you don't use it to play games... Just hook it up and you have silver, where you can download things from the marketplace like demos, trailers, etc.
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6331|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
if i didnt have live, i would never use my xbox and end up throwing it away, and i mean that
skipper2666
Go Canucks Go!
+13|6285|Canada BC
It's about 5 bucks a month for it and I use it probably once or twice a week and I think its work it its fun playing some halo 3 online trashtalking with your friends..
wensleydale8
+81|6739|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
the sole reason im buying an xbox is so i can go on live and play with my mates
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

I only have the wireless thingie to get vids n' music from the PC. Like ig said, spend it on something useful if you don't need it in the same way I do.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
I tried to do live with the original xbox but you needed Ethernet cables and routers and god knows what else so I gave up. I haven't even attempted to set up live on the 360 and I've had it a year.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5723|Roma
6.99 euroes for a month and you can download demos and vidoes, it is worth it.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6416|Amsterdam‫

aerodynamic wrote:

6.99 euroes for a month and you can download demos and vidoes, it is worth it.
wat 
its 60 for a year    that is 5 euro per month
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
h2ostg2
+4|6576|winston salem,nc
you can get the wireless adapter at best buy,

but get the pelican label.  it is about $60 which is considerably less than the one with the official xbox logo on it.  that is what we got my son for christmas this year and the speeds comin off of it were outrageous.  you need to have wireless already in your house to use it though.
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5902|CA
If you need more 12 year olds calling you a fag in your life than this is a must buy.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
Newegg has a 12 month card for 38 bucks last I checked.

I love XBL...definitely worth the money. It's quick, efficient, and oh so sexy with the NXE.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
I bet buying a long Ethernet cable would be cheaper and better than buying that over priced xbox wireless adaptor, not saying that wireless is bad. Cos it works nicely for my PS3, but that's cos my PS3 isn't far from my wireless router (it's just above it, upstairs) but if you're even abit far away, it degrades alot for online gaming purposes.

Also there's the monthly/yearly fee's, so it depends on how much you're gonna play online. He's not a teen with no job (hint hint) so paying for a service he might not use much might not make sense, especially when there's a serebaby to spend money on instead (I'm the e-godfather, it's my job to promote serebaby)
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6459|Gogledd Cymru

Perhaps you should start by getting SEREBABY'S name right then Skittles, it's SEREBABY, not serebaby.

You fuckhole.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Look yeah, I'm on a laptop and it's a pain to type how I want to so I'm gonna be lazy from time to time, so fu berkwad
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6459|Gogledd Cymru

Capslock takes less than a second to press, or is that against Arabic law or some crazy mooj shit, you smelly jigaboo.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
You're a smelly jigaboo mooj

Don't fuck up SEREMAKER's topic (happy I used caps) - I kick yo' ass nigga
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6117|Texas
What's the range on these wireless adapters? I'm thinking about getting one.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
Go ahead and get live, it is pretty fun

Last edited by War Man (2008-12-27 20:01:37)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Stimey
­
+786|6090|Ontario | Canada
Its the only reason I got my Xbox.
Most singleplayer games bore me (<3 F3)
­
­
­
­
­
­
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada
Unless you personally know people who play on Live, I'd say no.

I've had mostly bad experiences playing with random people on Live.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6547|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

DefCon-17 wrote:

Unless you personally know people who play on Live, I'd say no.

I've had mostly bad experiences playing with random people on Live.
12 years old are a pain tbh...my friend once showed me halo 3 on live...duh! I bought the 360 for the big single player title mostly... But in the end its all up to you, if you like playing with people its not that expensive.

Last edited by Roger Lesboules (2008-12-28 01:42:41)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland

Mekstizzle wrote:

I bet buying a long Ethernet cable would be cheaper and better than buying that over priced xbox wireless adaptor, not saying that wireless is bad. Cos it works nicely for my PS3, but that's cos my PS3 isn't far from my wireless router (it's just above it, upstairs) but if you're even abit far away, it degrades alot for online gaming purposes.

Also there's the monthly/yearly fee's, so it depends on how much you're gonna play online. He's not a teen with no job (hint hint) so paying for a service he might not use much might not make sense, especially when there's a serebaby to spend money on instead (I'm the e-godfather, it's my job to promote serebaby)
Yep, I never bothered borrowing a wireless adapter that can crap out with poor connection - I just ran a wire down behind a bookcase and plugged it in. The only month of xbox live gold I had was the one month free trial, I like singleplayer.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard