AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6315|what

lowing wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

lowing wrote:

Since when is Islam a race, yet it does not stop you from calling me a racist when I trash it
I never called you a racist. I agree with you on everything except your opinion on foreign affair.
Sorry, I was playing the odds. My luck I accuse the one guy on here that hasn't called me a racist yet.

No I am kidding, I got you mixed up with TheAussieReaper.
No I think your racist for a whole line of other reasons, but why go into that.

It's just my opinion. I'm sure others here share varied opinions too.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6834|UK

nukchebi0 wrote:

I believe I noticed a post somewhere that stated the hatred of the Jews didn't start until the late 1930's. Is Mein Kampf not an indication of how Hitler thought, nor the fact that he can to power by blaming the jews for Germany's economic struggles?
Lateran III decreed that persons who accepted interest on loans could receive neither the sacraments nor Christian burial.[3] Pope Clement V made the belief in the right to usury heresy in 1311, and abolished all secular legislation which allowed it.[4] Pope Sixtus V condemned the practice of charging interest as "detestable to God and man, damned by the sacred canons and contrary to Christian charity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usury

Forget the Muslims, hatred of Jews goes back to the age old reason.  Money.  Christians were forbidden so had to go to The Jews who were exempt.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6692|Global Command
Jews got butchered throughout the last two thousand years or so by a variety of peoples because they were pacificist and unprepared to defend themselves.
Never again, they said.

Google nazi mass shooting images safe search off if you must see what genocide looks like.
Never again is why we went into Kosovo, except it was muslims being killed.

Our thanks was what...9-11?
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6926|d

m3thod wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

I believe I noticed a post somewhere that stated the hatred of the Jews didn't start until the late 1930's. Is Mein Kampf not an indication of how Hitler thought, nor the fact that he can to power by blaming the jews for Germany's economic struggles?
Lateran III decreed that persons who accepted interest on loans could receive neither the sacraments nor Christian burial.[3] Pope Clement V made the belief in the right to usury heresy in 1311, and abolished all secular legislation which allowed it.[4] Pope Sixtus V condemned the practice of charging interest as "detestable to God and man, damned by the sacred canons and contrary to Christian charity.

Forget the Muslims, hatred of Jews goes back to the age old reason.  Money.  Christians were forbidden so had to go to The Jews who were exempt.
Yeah i heard about this on a docu that came on tv not too long ago.

EDIT: atg, i am still waiting for a reply to my earlier post.

Last edited by mafia996630 (2009-01-07 17:12:18)

TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|6143|Toronto

Kmarion wrote:

Shouldn't your outrage be at the very least equally directed towards the men who initiated the return fire?

I must admit it's disappointing to see a school hit. But again you have to look deeper. Why was the school hit? Hamas was launching mortar rounds from that school. What sense does it make to shoot artillery at a school "just for giggles"?

This war will be decided by the ones who sends out the most effective propaganda. Yes, civilians suffer, and they will continue to suffer so long as Hamas continues to exploit them. They hide behind them with all intent to get them killed. They know they can not match Israel's strength, they need innocent casualties to win. Israel doesn't.

Israel must  go in on the ground because it is the only way to effectively eliminate the weapons cache Hamas has chosen to store among the civilian population (mosque, schools, and civilian centers).

Israel has let aid in. Israel has taken in the injured. It's been documented.
Right then Kmar, you got me on that one with all that evidence. Maybe.

I'll concede that the Hamas militants are also at fault here. They should not be anywhere near schools, or any structure with civilians in it. Hiding among civvies is unethical, immoral and, well, evil. You're entirely right about the militants using cover. Again, I don't support Hamas, and I certainly don't agree with their MO. But then again--they launched mortar shells "from near a school". Now, the video showed a school, yes, but I think you missed the title. The video's about an attack on October 29th, 2007. Sorry. The actual one was this one. Their claims about having killed two militants are also bogus, as no Israeli troops came to the scene afterwards. Moreover, the vid about the injured child was dated Dec. 31. Today's January 6th. Are there any other instances of injured going through or supplies coming in?

Now, this 3-hour truce (vive Sarko! ) is all well and good, but will it really help? Israel seems willing to prolong this war, so does Hamas. If Israel is to claim the moral high ground (defence, legitimacy in the face of terrorists), then it needs to take steps to prove that. 3 hours' opening is insufficient. From your article, I quote:

abcnews wrote:

Israeli Cabinet Minister Binyamin Ben-Eliezer said the humanitarian shipments were intended to be a message to the people of Gaza that they are not Israel's enemy.
I'll take that without any salt. For the time being, though, Israel has allowed no journalists into Gaza. I'm sorry, but I have to withhold my trust in the accuracy of Israel's reports. As most should, I think.

Last edited by TSI (2009-01-07 17:14:27)

I like pie.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6486|New Haven, CT

m3thod wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Oh, I knew that. I meant in regards to Germany, which I should have been more specific about.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6346|Ireland
Jews are winning.  I think maybe they are the choosen ones.  Muslims fail.  I sure hope there are some caves for them to flee to for another 1000 years.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6573|'Murka

TheAussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

In fact they wanted to kill the Jews before there even was an Israel.
Your thinking of the Germans. And even then it was only after Hitler came to power did the hate start.
Read about Mufti al-Husseini.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6315|what

For the last time, was referring to the Jewish persecution within Germany. Lowing somehow thinks there was Muslim collaboration during WW2 like it was a grand conspiracy.

Of course the Jewish people have had it bad for thousands of years. I'm not denying that at all.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6763|132 and Bush

TSI wrote:

Right then Kmar, you got me on that one with all that evidence. Maybe

I'll concede that the Hamas militants are also at fault here. They should not be anywhere near schools, or any structure with civilians in it. Hiding among civvies is unethical, immoral and, well, evil. You're entirely right about the militants using cover. Again, I don't support Hamas, and I certainly don't agree with their MO. But then again--they launched mortar shells "from near a school". Now, the video showed a school, yes, but I think you missed the title. The video's about an attack on October 29th, 2007. Sorry. The actual one was this one. Their claims about having killed two militants are also bogus, as no Israeli troops came to the scene afterwards. Moreover, the vid about the injured child was dated Dec. 31. Today's January 6th. Are there any other instances of injured going through or supplies coming in?
My intent with posting the video was to demonstrate the lengths these militants will go through. I should not have said "that" school though. The following quoted AP article is the exact school you are referring to. It quotes Palestinian witnesses as saying they saw militants launching shells from just outside the school.. sadly the Israelis missed their mark. Still, that is not the same as deliberately targeting them. Gaza is extremely populated and that is why I expressed my disappointment with the IDF. War is hell, and in this century it's a televised hell. It makes absolutely no sense for Israel to make no attempt to avoid collateral. Even if Israel has no regard for innocent Palestinians they are certainly aware of the fact the entire world is watching. The appearance of at least showing concern is in their best interest. Hitting schools with no strategical value is nonsensical.

Your claim was that Israel is not letting anyone out or any aid in. I just picked one example. That is enough to dispel your claim. I would offer other examples including aid but you've already predetermined the validity of reporting with your selective reasoning. You've openly decided to withhold trust from information that does not fit within your world views. I truly feel you have a fixed mindset, and you have deemed any non conforming source bogus. No offense but if your willing to brush off Palestinian accounts of Hamas launching mortars from civilian locations how can I expect you to accept a neutral source?

TSI wrote:

Now, this 3-hour truce (vive Sarko! ) is all well and good, but will it really help? Israel seems willing to prolong this war, so does Hamas. If Israel is to claim the moral high ground (defence, legitimacy in the face of terrorists), then it needs to take steps to prove that. 3 hours' opening is insufficient. From your article, I quote:

abcnews wrote:

Israeli Cabinet Minister Binyamin Ben-Eliezer said the humanitarian shipments were intended to be a message to the people of Gaza that they are not Israel's enemy.
I'll take that without any salt. For the time being, though, Israel has allowed no journalists into Gaza. I'm sorry, but I have to withhold my trust in the accuracy of Israel's reports. As most should, I think.
A cease fire yes. But we should also at the same time be paying close attention to what exactly is going in and out. Hamas will undoubtedly be looking to relocate their weapons. As far as the reporter issue, Israel has enough to worry about with civilians on the battlefield. I'm sure the last thing they want on their hands is dead reporters. Still when possible I feel it is imperative that journalist be allowed in. “For the truth to get out, journalists have to get in,”
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6268|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

Read about Mufti al-Husseini.
Already covered that earlier in the thread, he just didn't want the jews stealing Palestine from the Palestinians.
Prior to Zionism and the attempts to steal Palestine there was no particular animosity towards the jews.

M3thod wrote:

They were free to borrow from other Christians at zero or token interest.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Should anyone want to protest here are some links.

Free Gaza Now - 1.5 million signatures for 1.5 million humans in Gaza
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/1500000/
AVAAZ.org Gaza: Stop the Bloodshed
http://www.avaaz.org/en/gaza_time_for_p … amp;v=2624
Scientists for Gaza
http://www.petitiononline.com/I75SD92/petition.html
British Committee for Universities for Palestine Gaza Emergency
http://www.bricup.org.uk/
IACenter.org Stop the attack on Gaza
http://www.iacenter.org/gazapetition/
Palestinian petition to PLO Chairman Mahmoud Abbas
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Pale … tures.html
End the Occupation Sign open letter to President-elect Obama
http://www.endtheoccupation.org/form.php?modin=137
Faculty for Israeli-Palestinian Peace Petition on the bombing of the Islamic University in Gaza
http://www.ffipp.org/campus_area
ADALAH Petition to End the Siege on Gaza
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/end … -gaza.html
Suspend EU-Israel Association Agreement
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/Suspen … -Agreement

I will be going to the rally here.
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|6143|Toronto

Kmarion wrote:

My intent with posting the video was to demonstrate the lengths these militants will go through. I should not have said "that" school though. The following quoted AP article is the exact school you are referring to. It quotes Palestinian witnesses as saying they saw militants launching shells from just outside the school.. sadly the Israelis missed their mark. Still, that is not the same as deliberately targeting them. Gaza is extremely populated and that is why I expressed my disappointment with the IDF. War is hell, and in this century it's a televised hell. It makes absolutely no sense for Israel to make no attempt to avoid collateral. Even if Israel has no regard for innocent Palestinians they are certainly aware of the fact the entire world is watching. The appearance of at least showing concern is in their best interest. Hitting schools with no strategical value is nonsensical.

Your claim was that Israel is not letting anyone out or any aid in. I just picked one example. That is enough to dispel your claim. I would offer other examples including aid but you've already predetermined the validity of reporting with your selective reasoning. You've openly decided to withhold trust from information that does not fit within your world views. I truly feel you have a fixed mindset, and you have deemed any non conforming source bogus. No offense but if your willing to brush off Palestinian accounts of Hamas launching mortars from civilian locations how can I expect you to accept a neutral source?
None taken. I don't disagree with you about Hamas. As I've oft stated, I do not condone them, support them, agree with them. I do, however, understand their raison d'être, much as I can sympathize with the Palestinian civilians' plight. It is them who are losing, and it is only them whom I defend.

I'm glad we concur on the IDF's mistakes regarding schools. I believe, however, that we differ on our perspectives on Israel's efforts to relieve the humanitarian crisis. Which is entirely fair. Perhaps I'm overly generalising in stating that Israel is blockading Gaza; my intent was to show that if any relief is in fact going on, its breadth and adequacy is next to null. Mind you, I'd be the first to laud Israel for taking steps to avert the crisis.

If you think they have actually tried to do anything to limit the "collateral", that's fair. Based on the info I have, I don't see that being the case at all, hence my open misgivings about the entire operation. Is it worth bombing a school even to get one mortar-launching pair, who according ? They didn't kill anyone (yet). The Israelis, however, have killed 39 (40 according to the UN). I'll be impressed if they can explain that one away.
I like pie.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6814|USA

TheAussieReaper wrote:

For the last time, was referring to the Jewish persecution within Germany. Lowing somehow thinks there was Muslim collaboration during WW2 like it was a grand conspiracy.

Of course the Jewish people have had it bad for thousands of years. I'm not denying that at all.
"By 1945 the Nazi Islamist agents were openly spreading terror. "The core of anti-Semitism had thus begun to shift from Germany to the Arab world. On the anniversary of the Balfour-declaration, demonstrators rampaged the Jewish quarters of Cairo. They plundered houses and shops, attacked non-Muslims, devastated the synagogues and then set them on fire. Six people were killed, several hundred more were injured." [9]

Al-Husseini, wrote in his post-WWII memoirs, "Our fundamental condition for cooperating with Germany was a free hand to eradicate every last Jew from Palestine and the Arab world. I asked Hitler for an explicit undertaking to allow us to solve the Jewish problem in a manner befitting our national and racial aspirations and according to the scientific methods innovated by Germany in the handling of its Jews. The answer I got was: 'The Jews are yours.'" [10]"   TAKEN FROM:    http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/duncan/060815

Contrary to popular belief, I don't write history.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So you've found some Neo-Con website which supports your one-eyed view.
See before, even the jews aren't claiming any of this.

If one particular group of people, who weren't even native to the country, started spouting racial supremacism, genocide and ethnic cleansing most rational nations would close them down or boot them out pronto.
This is what happened with the Zionists in Palestine, Al Husseini was simply attempting to defend his nation as any patriot would.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6814|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

So you've found some Neo-Con website which supports your one-eyed view.
See before, even the jews aren't claiming any of this.

If one particular group of people, who weren't even native to the country, started spouting racial supremacism, genocide and ethnic cleansing most rational nations would close them down or boot them out pronto.
This is what happened with the Zionists in Palestine, Al Husseini was simply attempting to defend his nation as any patriot would.
"Al-Husseini, wrote in his post-WWII memoirs, "Our fundamental condition for cooperating with Germany was a free hand to eradicate every last Jew from Palestine and the Arab world. I asked Hitler for an explicit undertaking to allow us to solve the Jewish problem in a manner befitting our national and racial aspirations and according to the scientific methods innovated by Germany in the handling of its Jews. The answer I got was: 'The Jews are yours.'"        "Al Husseini was simply attempting to defend his nation as any patriot would", to say the least.

Look don't trash the site, is the article false or not? You do realize Al Husseini WAS quoted don't you?

Last edited by lowing (2009-01-07 19:16:15)

san4
The Mas
+311|6851|NYC, a place to live
It simply can't be denied that every Hamas rocket launched with no military target is a war crime. Apologists change the subject to Israel's actions when anyone talks about the war crimes Hamas commits, but it's not even debatable that every Hamas rocket is a war crime. Nothing Israel does can undermine that conclusion because it's not a comparative determination. Shooting rockets at civilians with no military target is a war crime regardless of any claim to justification. Hamas has committed dozens of war crimes every day for the last several years.

But let's not talk about it.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6315|what

I don't think anyone here is supporting the rocket attacks san. But the problems we see are in Israel's handling of the attacks.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6814|USA

TheAussieReaper wrote:

I don't think anyone here is supporting the rocket attacks san. But the problems we see are in Israel's handling of the attacks.
Yeah, they have the nerve to shoot back
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6315|what

lowing wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Which does what exactly?

Oh yeah, cause more violence and more retaliation from Hamas. Until all that's left is to invade.

Tell me what is Israel's next move once it occupies all of Gaza?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6814|USA

TheAussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Which does what exactly?

Oh yeah, cause more violence and more retaliation from Hamas. Until all that's left is to invade.

See? They are pissed because Israel has the nerve to defend itself. Why are you not asking what effect the rocket attacks have beside more misery on the Plalestinians?
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6573|'Murka

TheAussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Which does what exactly?

Let's turn it around: Why doesn't Hamas just sit back and not fire rockets to begin with? It's already been shown that if they don't attack Israel, Israel doesn't attack them.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
san4
The Mas
+311|6851|NYC, a place to live

TheAussieReaper wrote:

That's not correct. People just prefer to talk about Israel because it is inconvenient to talk about how Hamas has committed hundreds of war crimes.

For example, let's ask the following unpleasant question: what should happen to individuals who have committed hundreds of war crimes?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6814|USA

FEOS wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Which does what exactly?

Let's turn it around: Why doesn't Hamas just sit back and not fire rockets to begin with? It's already been shown that if they don't attack Israel, Israel doesn't attack them.
How dare you turn this around and hold Palestine responsible for their actions.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6711|San Diego, CA, USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Should anyone want to protest here are some links.

Free Gaza Now - 1.5 million signatures for 1.5 million humans in Gaza
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/1500000/
AVAAZ.org Gaza: Stop the Bloodshed
http://www.avaaz.org/en/gaza_time_for_p … amp;v=2624
Scientists for Gaza
http://www.petitiononline.com/I75SD92/petition.html
British Committee for Universities for Palestine Gaza Emergency
http://www.bricup.org.uk/
IACenter.org Stop the attack on Gaza
http://www.iacenter.org/gazapetition/
Palestinian petition to PLO Chairman Mahmoud Abbas
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Pale … tures.html
End the Occupation Sign open letter to President-elect Obama
http://www.endtheoccupation.org/form.php?modin=137
Faculty for Israeli-Palestinian Peace Petition on the bombing of the Islamic University in Gaza
http://www.ffipp.org/campus_area
ADALAH Petition to End the Siege on Gaza
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/end … -gaza.html
Suspend EU-Israel Association Agreement
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/Suspen … -Agreement

I will be going to the rally here.
Anyone have any Pro-Israeli websites?  I heard today that there's a Botnet you can join to help Israel out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard