mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6835|d

FEOS wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

FEOS wrote:

That's cute.

And totally irrelevant.
I thought it was showing how soldiers should ask questions instead of blindly following orders.

EDIt: Still think its irrelevant ?
Yes. Engineers questioning whether something should be built is a completely different situation than soldiers not "blindly following orders". So long as an order is legal, a soldier is required to follow it...period. Nothing the IDF has been ordered to do thus far is illegal, regardless of how you feel about the Palestinian situation.
WOW, you took it litarally eh. I personally thought they was a bigger message behind all of it. Example(from the article)

Still, is there nothing here that will stop this blood pipeline? Even those whose hearts are hardened by "moral righteousness" will have to momentarily halt the bombing machine and ask: Which Israel do we have before us? What will become of its standing in the world, which is now watching the events in Gaza? What are we inflicting on the moderate Arab regimes? And what of the simmering popular hatred we are sowing throughout the world? What good will emerge from this killing and destruction?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,811|6178|eXtreme to the maX
Its funny, I don't remember the British shelling NI for days before they sent the troops in to grab the paddys.
Come to think of it I don't remember them dropping bunker busters on the Irish Parliament either.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6833

FEOS wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I certainly will be wholeheartedly cheering the death of each and every single IDF soldier soon to be announced.
Sickening, Poe. Simply sickening. You are better than that.
no he isnt.  i never believed him all these years.  i saw right thru his crap.  sadly it took you all this long to see it.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6627

usmarine wrote:

FEOS wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I certainly will be wholeheartedly cheering the death of each and every single IDF soldier soon to be announced.
no he isnt.  i never believed him all these years.  i saw right thru his crap.  sadly it took you all this long to see it.
Saw right through my blatantly open contempt for state terrorists Israel? Wow how perceptive of you - you must be some kind of clairvoyant. Miss my 67 page 'Israeli Heavy-Handedness' thread or something? Duuuuuhhhh
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6673|132 and Bush

CameronPoe wrote:

Has anyone asked themselves: what happens at the end of this operation? Israel tried occupation. It failed. There were several intifadas and civilians on both sides continued to die. Israel can temporarily occupy and then withdraw - what do you think will happen then? Palestinians will resume rocket attacks just like they did last year and just like they have done for many moons. Where is the 'solution' in this entirely military endeavour? At least, fairplay to Israel, they eventually went in for mano a mano - for more respectable - but only after fucking up Gaza City and outlying towns goodo.
The next logical step is to pinch the flow of munitions needed to make Qassam rockets. How is an excellent question.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
jord
+2,382|6750|The North, beyond the wall.

CameronPoe wrote:

jord wrote:

I am joining the Parachute Regiment soon, that doesn't mean I condone what happened on B sunday and the rest of Op Banner. I don't even want us to be in Iraq right now. I am hardly the infidel imperialist my politicians are alleged to be. The same could be said for 1000's of young Israelis. They don't deserve to die for serving in their countries military, nor should it be wished upon them as if they are scum.
That is all very well. I just hope that if you are asked to do something that you find morally repugnant on behalf of your politicians that you ask for a discharge/walk away. Like the Wehrmacht should have under Hitler. The job of an army is for defence, and that's the height of it.

And their army ultimately deserves to lose, draw from that what you will.
What many fail to realise is 99% of collateral is accidental. In Iraq most civilian deaths are from munitions dropped from the air. I severely doubt soldiers get an order to "Go kill them kids over there". Though if I was, rest assured I would discharge myself or go AWOL. I'm not going to kill innocent people, the same as most of the people I've met on my Army course as well as soldiers, ya know, normal people.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6627

jord wrote:

What many fail to realise is 99% of collateral is accidental. In Iraq most civilian deaths are from munitions dropped from the air. I severely doubt soldiers get an order to "Go kill them kids over there". Though if I was, rest assured I would discharge myself or go AWOL. I'm not going to kill innocent people, the same as most of the people I've met on my Army course as well as soldiers, ya know, normal people.
There is no way on earth you can avoid significant collateral damage in the most densely populated region on earth, from which civilians cannot escape (nor should they given the example set in 1948). Fuck munitions dropped from the air in this context. Straight in with mano a mano. That would be respectable. Do you think they have desisted from employing cluster bombs? I think not. Those bombs are guaranteed limbless civilians, guaranteed.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-01-04 17:08:12)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jord wrote:

The IDF isn't like that so much.
jord

CameronPoe wrote:

jord wrote:

There is no way on earth you can avoid significant collateral damage in the most densely populated region on earth, from which civilians cannot escape (nor should they given the example set in 1948). Fuck munitions dropped from the air in this context. Straight in with mano a mano. That would be respectable. Do you think they have desisted from employing cluster bombs? I think not. Those bombs are guaranteed limbless civilians, guaranteed.
I was referring to Iraq mainly for an example on collateral.

War is not about being respectful anymore and hasn't for a long time. The days of Infantry charges, Knights and Chivalry is over. You use what is most effective. For the West that is dropping bombs from planes, and for insurgents it's strapping bombs to mentally ill people and planting IED's. They are hardly going to meet each other in pitched battle to duel with swords.

Last edited by jord (2009-01-04 17:13:00)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6601|Global Command
Why was my post deleted.

" the last I checked the only people living in Gaza are either Hamas, or Hamas supporters; people who voted them into power. The children there are the victims of their parents stupidity.  Until Hamas and all there supporters are dead there will be no peace. "
CameronPoe
+2,925|6627

jord wrote:

War is not about being respectful anymore and hasn't for a long time. The days of Infantry charges, Knights and Chivalry is over. You use what is most effective. For the West that is dropping bombs from planes, and for insurgents it's strapping bombs to mentally ill people and planting IED's. They are hardly going to meet each other in pitched battle to duel with swords.
How effective has the bomb dropping been with respect to stopping rocket attacks? Answer: not very/not at all.

And to go back to the last point: how does an increase in the death tally for the Taliban/Al Qaeda in Afghanistan make you feel? Good, bad or indifferent?

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-01-04 17:18:22)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6627

ATG wrote:

Why was my post deleted.

" the last I checked the only people living in Gaza are either Hamas, or Hamas supporters; people who voted them into power. The children there are the victims of their parents stupidity.  Until Hamas and all there supporters are dead there will be no peace. "
In case you hadn't noticed Hamas fought a viciously bloody civil war with Fatah in Gaza to the point where they had annihilated them. I don't think they asked the neighbours their feelings on the matter. That sort of activity isn't generally regarded as very democratic either...

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-01-04 17:20:18)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6673|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

Why was my post deleted.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 7#p2449287
That one?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Campoe wrote:

Do you think they have desisted from employing cluster bombs? I think not. Those bombs are guaranteed limbless civilians, guaranteed.
Guess not.
https://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj256/Dilbert_X/_45345164_smoke_afp_226270.jpg
I'm assuming thats either cluster bombs or shrapnel, neither of which should be used to attack civilian areas.
So much for precision attacks eh?
jord

CameronPoe wrote:

jord wrote:

How effective has the bomb dropping been with respect to stopping rocket attacks? Answer: not very/not at all.

And to go back to the last point: how does an increase in the death tally for the Taliban/Al Qaeda in Afghanistan make you feel? Good, bad or indifferent?
The Taliban are easily manipulated people that just happened to be born into the wrong area. That doesn't excuse them though, they joined up themselves, weak mind or not. I feel indifferent, if I hear 5 Taliban have been killed on the news I would forget within 10 seconds.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6483|'Murka

mafia996630 wrote:

FEOS wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

I thought it was showing how soldiers should ask questions instead of blindly following orders.

EDIt: Still think its irrelevant ?
Yes. Engineers questioning whether something should be built is a completely different situation than soldiers not "blindly following orders". So long as an order is legal, a soldier is required to follow it...period. Nothing the IDF has been ordered to do thus far is illegal, regardless of how you feel about the Palestinian situation.
WOW, you took it litarally eh. I personally thought they was a bigger message behind all of it. Example(from the article)

Still, is there nothing here that will stop this blood pipeline? Even those whose hearts are hardened by "moral righteousness" will have to momentarily halt the bombing machine and ask: Which Israel do we have before us? What will become of its standing in the world, which is now watching the events in Gaza? What are we inflicting on the moderate Arab regimes? And what of the simmering popular hatred we are sowing throughout the world? What good will emerge from this killing and destruction?
No, I didn't take it literally. I took it as a weak attempt at trying to use the described situation as a metaphor for soldiers questioning their orders. What I pointed out is that it is not at all similar enough to map to that metaphor.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6483|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

Campoe wrote:

Do you think they have desisted from employing cluster bombs? I think not. Those bombs are guaranteed limbless civilians, guaranteed.
Guess not.
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj25 … 226270.jpg
I'm assuming thats either cluster bombs or shrapnel, neither of which should be used to attack civilian areas.
Those are neither. Keep looking.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6673|132 and Bush

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Campoe wrote:

Guess not.
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj25 … 226270.jpg
What the hell is that? At least link us to where you found the photo.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CameronPoe
+2,925|6627

jord wrote:

The Taliban are easily manipulated people that just happened to be born into the wrong area. That doesn't excuse them though, they joined up themselves, weak mind or not. I feel indifferent, if I hear 5 Taliban have been killed on the news I would forget within 10 seconds.
You're going to be a British troop. I've seen British troops hooting when they successfully nail a Taliban stronghold with a rocket or an airstrike. They aren't indifferent. They aren't exactly thinking 'oh, he was just an ordinary soldier doing his job just like me, poor him' - they think 'yes, we nailed the little fucker'. It's a natural response. When 'the bad guy' takes a hit those opposed to the bad guy generally rejoice. This will explain in some way hopefully my position on the extremely heavy-handed Israeli incursion we are now witnessing. I don't know these guys. At the end of the day it's just a number, a statistic, to me and the higher that number is the less there are  of them to kill Palestinians and to cause them further misery. That is essentially where I am coming from. In a similar vain I would have cheered Nazi soldier death tolls during WWII if I was around.
jord

CameronPoe wrote:

jord wrote:

You're going to be a British troop. I've seen British troops hooting when they successfully nail a Taliban stronghold with a rocket or an airstrike. They aren't indifferent. They aren't exactly thinking 'oh, he was just an ordinary soldier doing his job just like me, poor him' - they think 'yes, we nailed the little fucker'. It's a natural response. When 'the bad guy' takes a hit those opposed to the bad guy generally rejoice. This will explain in some way hopefully my position on the extremely heavy-handed Israeli incursion we are now witnessing. I don't know these guys. At the end of the day it's just a number, a statistic, to me and the higher that number is the less there are  of them to kill Palestinians and to cause them further misery. That is essentially where I am coming from. In a similar vain I would have cheered Nazi soldier death tolls during WWII if I was around.
When adrenaline is pumping and you're getting shot out of course you cheer when you win. Sitting at my computer on a chair when I watched Russia roll  into Georgia I wasn't waiting for the latest Russian death toll so I could clap and cheer. I just don't understand that line of thinking. I guess it's selfish on my part, only applying the actions to when I am involved myself.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6833

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Saw right through my blatantly open contempt for state terrorists Israel? Wow how perceptive of you - you must be some kind of clairvoyant. Miss my 67 page 'Israeli Heavy-Handedness' thread or something? Duuuuuhhhh
you cheer when IDF or US troops die by terrorists.  i know you do.  shit you just said it.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6673|132 and Bush

Israel okays call-up of tens of thousands of IDF reservists.

Looks like this is going to be awhile.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CameronPoe
+2,925|6627

jord wrote:

When adrenaline is pumping and you're getting shot out of course you cheer when you win. Sitting at my computer on a chair when I watched Russia roll  into Georgia I wasn't waiting for the latest Russian death toll so I could clap and cheer. I just don't understand that line of thinking. I guess it's selfish on my part, only applying the actions to when I am involved myself.
Here's an example of my line of thinking. Russia rolls into the EU with their tanks and planes. You are goddamn certain I and most of Europe will be cheering a rising Russian death toll. I think the misunderstanding is that I feel very strongly about Palestine, having been there and having read deeply on the conflict and from a strong sense of Irish-Palestinian solidarity that has long existed.

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2354/1535964712_bafde1e066.jpg?v=0
CameronPoe
+2,925|6627

usmarine wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine wrote:

you cheer when IDF or US troops die by terrorists.  i know you do.  shit you just said it.
I don't think you'll find I said the latter part. But you can make it up anyway if you must. I have a very particular distaste and disgust for the state of Israel as it comports itself today (and has done for some time), the same cannot be said about my feelings towards the US (especially not with Black Jesus at the helm!).

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-01-04 17:43:13)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

FEOS wrote:

So what are they?
Pic has been on the BBC News for a while.
http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/

Campoe wrote:

especially not with Black Jesus at the helm!
The first jesus was black mate.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-01-04 17:46:14)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard