DanyBoy
+6|6141|Western AU
OK so the thing is I put the CD in and it just continually tries to run it, sometimes it comes up after about 5 minutes or so and it works fine but if I leave the disc in the drive and shutdown, my computer wont boot up. I've tried it on my sisters laptop and it works fine and I've even had the disc cleaned, I've uninstalled it reinstalled and re-patched, just cant seem to fix it.

This happened to anyone else?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6807

Haven't had this happen before, but maybe you should try making an image of it and putting that in a virtual drive?

I used Alcohol 52% (free download) to make an image of the first disc, then stopped it after a couple errors (file was about 1~2 MB). Then I just keep it loaded in a virtual drive (create that using Alcohol) and never need the CD again.
BL4CKL10N
+66|6435
I had this issue a while back with an Acer Utility CD. Just what you've said, it won't let me boot without it, so I reinstalled Windows.  XP FTW
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6592|King Of The Islands

Stuffed drive? Try what mtb0minime suggested. You can also try a mini-image (an image that only contains the copy protection the game needs), but those need to be sourced through PM.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
DanyBoy
+6|6141|Western AU
well despite not finding out what the problem was the image worked fine (although i have a feeling i didn't do it right), thanks for the replies.

quick question, what do i do when the trail runs out
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6785

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard