|TG|VividSynergy
Banned
+22|5708|Bolingbrook, Illinois
I've been trying to fix this for the past two hours.  I've been Googling, searching, and no matter what I do, it screws up on me.

What I just tried:

Reinstalled everything.
Went in-game, then exited.
Deleted 0001 profile.
Went in-game, set up my graphics settings, then exited.
Put this in my command line:
"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050 +restart

And it always crashes the second I try to Join a Server.

Can anyone offer some help?
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6449|King Of The Islands

Sounds like PB.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
|TG|VividSynergy
Banned

Cheez wrote:

Sounds like PB.
Why would PB do anything?  I haven't done anything besides switched monitors.  =/
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6158|Texas
Try this

Code:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050 +restart 1
The +widescreen param doesn't do anything, and you need an arg for +restart
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6474|cuntshitlake

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
JoshP
Banned
+176|5699|Notts, UK

DeathUnlimited wrote:

http://imk.cx/pc/widescreenfixer
IIRC that just makes it look more normal in widescreen, it won't stop it crashing
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6854|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050

To fix FOV:

Works perfectly for me, although some servers like to kick you for edited usersettings I think .
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6208|Winland

JoshP wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

IIRC that just makes it look more normal in widescreen, it won't stop it crashing
bf2 tends to crash with +widescreen 1, as it can't read it as an argument, and has no fullscreen argument. Widescreenfixer tends to work for most setups.

Run with this line:

Code:

+fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050 +restart 1
and run widescreenfixer. exchange 1680 etc with your res. Make sure it's accurate, too, 1600 and 1000 wont work.

Remember to set the widescreenfixer hotkey. I tend to use numpad divide; it's never used for anything ingame, amd it's number is easy to remember: 111.

I think this is the longest thing ive ever typed on a cellphone. Fuck.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6185|Sydney | ♥

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1.15 +widescreen 1 +szx 1440 +szy 900

Thats what i have for my shortcut

It wont work with custom widescreen resolutions, you have to use one of these

List of 16:10 Widescreen Resolutions
Resolution - Aspect ratio
1440x900-----16:10
1680x1050-----16:10
1920x1200-----16:10
2560x1600-----16:10
3840x2400-----16:10
7680x4800-----16:10
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6449|King Of The Islands

tazz. wrote:

+menu 1.15
wat
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
woodrot
I Need A Dump
+25|6740|sunderland england
i use widescreen fixer v1.32
and have ----->   "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1200
in my shortcut works like a charm
|TG|VividSynergy
Banned
Thanks guys, it works now.  I typed my command line wrong. lol

I wrote sxz and syz.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6854|Reykjavík, Iceland.

woodrot wrote:

and have ----->   "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1200
'+widescreen 1' doesn't has no effect though.
woodrot
I Need A Dump

Sydney wrote:

woodrot wrote:

'+widescreen 1' doesn't has no effect though.
your wrong m8 sorry it works great for me

copied from widescreen fixer read me ----> Widescreen Fixer v1.32

Games currently supported:
Battlefield 2 v1.40
Battlefield 2 v1.41
Battlefield 2142 v1.10
Battlefield 2142 v1.20
Battlefield 2142 v1.25
Battlefield 2142 v1.40 Beta 3
BioShock v1.0

Usage:
For Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142, edit the shortcut and add:
+widescreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1200 (or whichever widescreen resolution you use)

1) Start Widescreen Fixer
2) Select the game you'll be running.
3) Select the aspect ratio of your monitor.
4) Start the specific game.
5) Use ; to enable or disable.

Notes:
You can start this application at any time, whether a game is running or not.
The update rate slider is in milliseconds.  The lower the setting, the faster it
updates, and the less noticeable the zoom update will be.  I've been testing 1ms
with this release and it seems to work great.

Last edited by woodrot (2008-12-27 13:19:36)

tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6158|Texas
No, ur rong m8. Try with and without +widescreen 1, there is absolutely no difference. I don't use it, and I play in 1440x900
woodrot
I Need A Dump

GGF0RCE wrote:

No, ur rong m8. Try with and without +widescreen 1, there is absolutely no difference. I don't use it, and I play in 1440x900
well it works for me hud & everything looks perfect for me 24" 1920 1200 with widescreen fixer & shortcut changes just tried with & without i did see a difference with out it looks short & fat with looks perfect lucky me eh
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6185|Sydney | ♥

GGF0RCE wrote:

imo, it stretches to that resolution.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6338

this thread will be useful once i get off my lazy ass and do this for my laptop.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6158|Texas

tazz. wrote:

GGF0RCE wrote:

No I mean the parameter '+widescreen' has no effect. It's the +szx and +szy that change the res.
|TG|VividSynergy
Banned

GGF0RCE wrote:

tazz. wrote:

GGF0RCE wrote:

No I mean the parameter '+widescreen' has no effect. It's the +szx and +szy that change the res.
You know this how?
doc. josh
+48|6555
It works for me along with wide screen fixer 1.3?. Looks beautiful in 1680x1050
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6208|Winland

|TG|VividSynergy wrote:

GGF0RCE wrote:

tazz. wrote:

You know this how?
probably because he, just like me, runs without it.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6338

I tried this according to the readme file. I have +widescreen 1 +szx 1400 +szy 1050

It never states where you're suppose to put that line though. It goes in the 'Target' box on the shortcut properties of the icon right? Outside of the quotations for the file location?

I had WS fixer open in the background, and it didn't seem to work. WS fixer is suppose to adjust the game so I have a wider FOV and gets rid of the stretched look correct? Cause that didn't happen

Freezer, I'll give the code you provided and try it now.

Also, a request. Can some post a picture of BF2 properly running WS Fixer? Thnxxx
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6158|Texas

Im_Dooomed wrote:

I tried this according to the readme file. I have +widescreen 1 +szx 1400 +szy 1050

It never states where you're suppose to put that line though. It goes in the 'Target' box on the shortcut properties of the icon right? Outside of the quotations for the file location?

I had WS fixer open in the background, and it didn't seem to work. WS fixer is suppose to adjust the game so I have a wider FOV and gets rid of the stretched look correct? Cause that didn't happen

Also, a request. Can some post a picture of BF2 properly running WS Fixer? Thnxxx
Why are you using widescreenfixer if your res is 4:3?
JoshP
Banned
+176|5699|Notts, UK

GGF0RCE wrote:

Im_Dooomed wrote:

Why are you using widescreenfixer if your res is 4:3?
hahahaha

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard