ATG
Banned
+5,233|6529|Global Command
I hate it when people talk during movies.

I love it when some burely meathead tells the blabbermouth to shut their effing mouths or die.

Showing the full value of the 2nd amendment, this patriot set the father straight. This is why we should all be issued concealed carry permits. Next time somebody is rude in a movie theater do the right thing, the American thing, throw popcorn at the kids and shoot the dad when he tries to shield his children from your righteous indignation.
God Bless America.
https://media.philly.com/images/122608_cialella_300.jpg

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_up … movie.html

Last edited by ATG (2008-12-26 17:48:00)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
To be honest America should have metal/gun detectors of some sort in all public place entrances, period. Right to 'bear-arms' and all that riffraff is good in ideal concept, but should be moderated appropriately in actual society. There's absolutely no lawful or rightful reason to carry a weapon into a public place- selfdefense or not. This asshole shouldn't have even been allowed to carry the gun into a crowded cinema in the first place. Recklessness and generally turning a blind-eye to guns is probably why there are so many damned public shootings in America in the first place.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Commie Killer
+192|6386

Uzique wrote:

To be honest America should have metal/gun detectors of some sort in all public place entrances, period. Right to 'bear-arms' and all that riffraff is good in ideal concept, but should be moderated appropriately in actual society. There's absolutely no lawful or rightful reason to carry a weapon into a public place- selfdefense or not. This asshole shouldn't have even been allowed to carry the gun into a crowded cinema in the first place. Recklessness and generally turning a blind-eye to guns is probably why there are so many damned public shootings in America in the first place.
From the article it looks like he illegally had the weapon on him. Dont see a reason to punish the other people who legally have them.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK
whats stopping someone who has the legal right to bear arms from taking their weapon into a crowded public place?
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6684|Espoo, Finland
He had no choise.
ATG
Banned
It would have ended better if some old lady with a CCW had shoot the asswipe dead when he chucked his popcorn.

I mean, cmon. If you really want to make a statement throw your soda, for petes sake.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6741|FUCK UBISOFT

m3thod wrote:

whats stopping someone who has the legal right to bear arms from taking their weapon into a crowded public place?
The Watchmen.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Reciprocity
+721|6580|the dank(super) side of Oregon

m3thod wrote:

People who apply to legally carry a concealed weapon don't generally commit gun crimes.  And what's to stop someone with a driver's licence from plowing into a preschool playground. 

I don't condone what the guy did, but I can understand it.  The guy drops 10 bucks to quietly watch a movie, and some fucking jerkoff, family in tow, can't keep his or his fucking kid's mouth shut.  I wouldn't shoot someone in that situation, but I can sympathize with his frustration, psychopathic or not.

Last edited by Reciprocity (2008-12-26 18:26:33)

jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.

Reciprocity wrote:

m3thod wrote:

People who apply to legally carry a concealed weapon don't generally commit gun crimes.  And what's to stop someone with a driver's licence from plowing into a preschool playground. 

I don't condone what the guy did, but I can understand it.  The guy drops 10 bucks to quietly watch a movie, and some fucking jerkoff, family in tow, can't keep his or his fucking kid's mouth shut.  I wouldn't shoot someone in that situation, but I can sympathize with his frustration, psychopathic or not.
My sentiments exactly. Cinema's are all but avoided by people who actually want to watch movies round here now. I think most just wait a week and get it on pirate DVD. So really people like that are to blame for piracy...
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5931|Somewhere out in Space

m3thod wrote:

Wait, you mean you actually need a gun in a movie theatre?
jord

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Evidently so.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6445|The Land of Scott Walker

Reciprocity wrote:

People who apply to legally carry a concealed weapon don't generally commit gun crimes.
This
m3thod
+2,197|6671|UK

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Why not? Having the right to bear arms legally would mean i would be able to take my gun where ever the fuck i wanted, right?
Stingray24
Right.  And if you'd gone through the process to obtain a permit, you would not risk losing that by being an idiot and firing it at someone talking in a theater.  Those who fire in a crowded room like that would be the numbnuts who could not get a permit.
jord

Stingray24 wrote:

Right.  And if you'd gone through the process to obtain a permit, you would not risk losing that by being an idiot and firing it at someone talking in a theater.  Those who fire in a crowded room like that would be the numbnuts who could not get a permit.
I'm pretty sure that isn't true for thousands of people. How easy would it be to be normal in the process and obtain a permit, then have a breakdown. Or go into a rage like this guy? Having extremely stressful events stack up so you do this could happen to anyone, not just those diagnosed as loony toons.
ATG
Banned

Stingray24 wrote:

exactly. I hoped the sarcasm of the OP was not lost on you.
SealXo
+309|6535
i fucking hate those poeple

a stimple knock out would have sufficed though.
Stingray24

ATG wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

exactly. I hoped the sarcasm of the OP was not lost on you.
No, I was replying to m3thod.
m3thod
+2,197|6671|UK
i'll be the first one to admit i don't have a clue about guns.
Reciprocity
+721|6580|the dank(super) side of Oregon

m3thod wrote:

they're fun

and you can't have enough of them.
jord

Reciprocity wrote:

m3thod wrote:

they're fun

Like crack then
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

m3thod wrote:

whats stopping someone from taking a molotov cocktail or a pipe bomb?
Smithereener
+138|6315|California

jord wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

m3thod wrote:

they're fun

Like crack then
But crack kills.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns defend people against people with smaller guns.
firebolt5
+114|6155
jord

Smithereener wrote:

jord wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

they're fun

Like crack then
But crack kills.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns defend people against people with smaller guns.
Crack doesn't kill people. Crack dealers kill people. Crack defends people against people with lesser drugs, in their own world. I call that world Jordtopia and visit it as much as I can.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard