(D.I.)TheDevil
+0|6845
I am afraid to say this but UBAR is worng!!

1.    Meritorious Unit Ribbon
*  26 Minutes in a Squad
    * Team Score of 40 in a round (Reviving/Healing/Re-Supplying, Capturing/Defending/Neutralizing Control Points)

I have completed both still no ribbon*

2.    Expert Knife Combat Badge
*  IAR: 18 kills with Knife
    * 100 kills with a knife

I have completed both of these requirements still no badge

My nick is (D.I.)TheDevil

*I earnt it once on GA#4 then it never went into my stats cause GA is f***ed and now I cant get it again!
[TG]Vito_Corleone
+0|6806|Holland
Don't leave the server before the round's over?
That's what some people told me, don't know wether its true or not...
-=DRACO-Krusty
Deranged Klown
+21|6841|TX
just going to start with a basic question that you might already know, but you do know it is 26 minutes in 1 round correct?  dont think UBAR states it that way, but I believe it is.  also with the knife badge you cant get it if you pass the 100 kill mark unless you log out and log back in.  so if you passed 100 one round and kept playing and got 18 more in the next it wont give it to you.  you have to log out and log back in.  at least that is what i had to do.

PS... i did get my explosives badge and left the round early and i still got credit for the badge.  so i dont think leaving early matters. but it could be different for ribbons.

Last edited by -=DRACO-Krusty (2005-09-06 05:51:55)

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6845|"Frisco"

I know for fact that the expert knife is indeed correct. I am also quite confident in the other ribbons req's as well.

There are commonly what I call "verge" errors where, due to the shoddy nature of the checking algorithm BF2 uses and the instability of the stats reporting system, you often achieve the reqs but aren't awarded ESPECIALLY when you are right on the 'verge' or getting an award.
US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6811|englewood FL.
ya i know wat ur sayen i had to wait till 11,000 sumthing till i got my corpal rank....not 10,500  and log out/in  tryed that
Pathfinder502
+0|6813
Hi all-

In the UBAR section, the criteria for the aerial and armored service ribbons, states that you have to have 19 kills in each vehicle (and the time inside the vehicles). I have well over both of these number of kills globaly, but probably not in one round. But the criteria does not say that these numbers of kills have to be achieved in one round..........
...........do they have to be achieved in a round?

Path
lowyaukee
+2|6832
I think most of them refer to IAR, i.e in a round.
(D.I.)TheDevil
+0|6845
In acordance with the  Expert Knife Combat Badge
IAR: 18 kills with Knife
100 kills with a knife

I have logged in and logged back out and I have 157 total knife kills! still I cant get it My mate said he had to get 200 before he could get his!
EcLiPsE#14
+0|6820
The knife badge requirement is 100% correct...i was at it for 3 dayz at one stage and finally got 18 knife kills in one round after getting 100 global kills at 142 global kills....so it is 100% correct...also the Valorous unit ribbon is stated wrong in UBAR...i had to get 58 team points IAR not 55 (as well as the 25 hrs as leader and member not IAR) and so did many ppl i have spoken to...and i also think the crew service ribbon varies for some reason...because i was in a plane and only got 7 driver kill assists as well as i think 5 kills of my own so i wudn't be 100% in agreement with UBAR's crew service ribbon...

EcLiPsE#14
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6845|"Frisco"

The req is 55, however I believe that the routine that checks your scores isn't run every time you make a single point (running the routine each time you made a point on a 64 player server would be insane). Instead, it probably just checks the players that are on the server once every 5 minutes or something to see if you qualify for anything new.

AKA, 'Verge Errors' (not sure what that is? search it onthe forums, i've written about it several times)
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6838|Cologne, Germany

sometimes I wish people would worry less about badges, ribbons, medals and ranks and care more about teamplay and fun...
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6845|San Francisco

Personally I find it very fun to try and meet the challenge of obtaining awards. It has improved my flying and bombing abilities, made me whore the ammo and medic bags, and all of these things actually improve my teamplay abilities.
Gussi
+0|6803
Meow... and the
Airborne Ribbon -> * 10 seconds in a Parachute
be false You have be in a free fall for 10+ sec to get it.
I tried it, first try I opened the parachute soon as I got ejected from plane and landed after about ~20 seconds, nothing happened.
Then in second try, I ejected from the plane, was in free fall for about ~15 seconds, opened the parachute and ~3 seconds after that I landed, tada I got the badge soon as my feet touched the ground
tF-Vireo
The Lady of the House
+2|6842|San Francisco
There is now a sticky for people wishing to overthrow UBAR
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=1257

XD
nzjafa
+2|6763
i agree with voodoochild on that one. i'm at school still and i dont own the game so me and my friend go maybe once a week and play it at an internet cafe. there are people i know that play the game more often and so have more points, but the awards mean that there is still something to compare against each other
Kr39
Be A Medic!
+2|6760|Austin TX
i know the meritous unit ribbon is correct, cuz i used this site to find criteria, and got it.  100% accurate.  as far as the knife badge, im not sure.  sometimes it takes a while to show up on BFHQ and bf2s.  so sorry but, NO ITS NOT, YOU ARE WRONG.
jax
+12|6765
i sat in the stinger for 7 mins and i timed it on my cell phone. i also got 12 kills in it in a round but neither badage nor ribbon showed up. i dont get it.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6845|-

tF-Vireo wrote:

There is now a sticky for people wishing to overthrow UBAR
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=1257

XD
There has been for a while... Please use this thread for UBAR debunking!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard