cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6697|NJ

usmarine wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

USMarine, if you've ever actually served you are exactly the person I'm talking about.
i for one have proved myself.  you have not.  so start answering some of our questions.
How have you proven yourself?
cpt.fass1
+329|6697|NJ

usmarine wrote:

no, that is not accurate dude.  you dont pay 3150 a month towards the troops.  get real.
In the words that I've spoken before, it's the Internet anything I say will be called false anyway..

So lowing where do you live?
cpt.fass1
+329|6697|NJ

usmarine wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

i for one have proved myself.  you have not.  so start answering some of our questions or go fuck off.
How have you proven yourself? All you've done is proven the one way thinking of an incompetent human being.
right right.  and you proved yourself a big cunt.
Well I asked you a question about why you enlisted usmarine? Why don't you answer, oh and I'm a giant cunt..
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

cpt.fass1 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

no, that is not accurate dude.  you dont pay 3150 a month towards the troops.  get real.
In the words that I've spoken before, it's the Internet anything I say will be called false anyway..

So lowing where do you live?
yes because you pay 4200 a month to the troops.  what are you trying to pull?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Well I asked you a question about why you enlisted usmarine? Why don't you answer, oh and I'm a giant cunt..
like i said, go search.  i am done repeating myself.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

welp, ill be back in a few days to see of you can actually answer some of our questions.  also to see if you keep avoiding that picture you posted to prove a point, yet it was an ROTC college kid.
cpt.fass1
+329|6697|NJ
Well then bring something to the table.. You call me out I answer you call me a lier and a cunt. I haven't seen you bring anything to the table in any topic other then name calling. Can't answer a single question, the only twat her is yourself.

Also 70% of federal tax returns goes toward military, so I take what I make x it by 30% then times it by 70% to find out how much is going towards military funding.. I don't live in a Po Dunk town were I cut grass, I live in Jersey City were it's expensive, run a fairely sucessful company where I can fuck around on an internet forum all day. Am pissed because the financal crisis is putting a crunch on my business.. 

Oh and that's an other problem we don't know where that money is going to, it's probably going to Military Contracts that we're over paying for..
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command

Kmarion wrote:

Troops Need You.
Beautiful kids.

I bought into the notion that by establishing a beacon of freedom in the M.E. fundamental change might occur. I am happy to see the progress that has occured recently. The problem is that the U.S. speak with forked tounge. We do nothing to Saudi Arabia after 9-11, the country that is the biggest funder of jihad, the place where most the hijackers came from. We use mercenaries who answer to nobody apparently. I have long said Saddam deserved to be disposed of, and decried the spineless Europeans that voted on U.N. resolutions and failed to put teeth behind it.

And the funds for this? In terms of priorities, should we bankrupt ourselves borrowing trillions trying to change their culture when ours is one of lax borders, fatherless children, corrupt politicians, shitty roads and walmart employees? We are saddling our childrens children with debt because of what? Missles and bombs are cheaper. Radical Islam, if fought in battle must be wiped from the face of the planet.

I lol at Obamas rhetoric about going into Pakistan, any doofuss knows we have been there for years.

President Eisenhower wrote:

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.
So usmarine, this thread is still open because we have a duty to question and discuss all aspects of this war.

When bankers control our military policy, and corporations build our war machines the politicians who love lobby ( bribe ) money may cease to act in the best interests of our nation. Certainly the military contains some of the best and brightest in our nation. I have also known some trashy bastards, stupid as dirt, jarheads out of 29 Palms who talked with a funny look in their eye about shooting dogs for fun and missing the smell of the trash heaps and slaughter in Iraq.

The OP's point is that millions of people depend on the military for their careers. This, as Eisenhower said is a beast that will try to feed itself if not leashed with the chain of strict Constitutional interpretation on the part of the " citizens " that sit in house and senate. War has become one of the largest parts of our economy, hence the moral authority to wage it has become erroded.

Ask yourself; what would George Washington say about what our country has become? If you don't care, you have no business ever being in the military.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

@ everyone, Stop with the empty insults. Although I disagree with the OP, there is no reason to close this. I won't spend all day trying to clean up after your messes.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK

usmarine wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

USMarine, if you've ever actually served you are exactly the person I'm talking about.
i for one have proved myself.  you have not.  so start answering some of our questions.
lol this thread is awesome.

marine can u reiterate what that even means.

how have you proved yourself?
ATG
Banned

Vilham wrote:

usmarine wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

He killed nine people in Iraq.

I have respect for the marine. I do not disparage his efforts at serving our country. But that doesn't make the OP's points less valid, nor less worthy of consideration.
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.

ATG wrote:

Vilham wrote:

usmarine wrote:

I think that was up to him to share or not...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

Jord wrote:

Doesn't mean he's 'proved himself' either.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jord wrote:

Doesn't mean he's 'proved himself' either.
Perhaps, but that was how ATG assumes marine has proved himself. Marine might have been thinking of something totally different when he wrote that.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
Maybe bunnyhopping and dolphin diving in full combat kit is what makes you a man.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6494|Connecticut

ATG wrote:

So usmarine, this thread is still open because we have a duty to question and discuss all aspects of this war.
Then why not post in one of the 400 threads about this war? Questioning why we should support anyone who provides a service to us that most people don't have the fortitude to attempt is ridiculous. I don't like the police when I am writing a check for a speding ticket. But think how society would be without them. Go to a ghetto where police don't patrol often and see how those people act and tell me if that is where you want your children to end up. I think firefighters are a little over the top but if your house caught fire that 10 minutes you would wait outside while they come would seem like an eternity wouldn't it? I am a veteran and I am proud of it but if I had a nickel for every fag I saw in the service who demands special this or that because they are veterans I would have a nice bankroll, trust me. It bothers me more than anyone to hear someone say " I'm a vet, I shouldn't be treated this way" , or " I should get this cuz I served". I am proud I did my job and I have NEVER asked for any special treatment and believe me the number of men and women who ask for nothing greatly outweigh the assholes. But my problem with this thread is that CaptFass is definitely incinuating that ALL or MOST service members are cunts. Fuck him and fuck you too because these people died for their country. Put all of the political bullshit aside and whatever your beliefs and opinions are and remember that today, this Christmas day, there are children crying because they don't understand why Daddy hasnt come home yet. Go tell the single mother who is clutching the picture of her husband you don't support the troops.
Malloy must go
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6673|UK

ATG wrote:

Vilham wrote:

usmarine wrote:

doesn't prove shit.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6765
The OP wasn't about the right or the responsibility to question the soveriegnity or morality of waging war but to not thank the troops, cut their funding, reduce the military and its budget. While there are certain aspects of the military I could easily go without, things like having to know that a washer for a C-130 is within an ounce of its projected weight for an obscene amount of money, having a standing military of our size is fine with me.
Reduce the red tape and you'll see military spending reduced drastically.
Audit the military and you might have a huge one time expense to get it done but you have a starting point to see where the military is spending money and ways to make it more efficient.
Check the disability handed out by the VA, a lot of it is needed because of what has happened to servicemen over seas but some of it is just claimed bullshit.
The GI Bill is the single greatest VA benefit you could possibly have unless you lose a limb or are seriously fucked up due to PTSD.
A lot of people who enlist in the military use it to better themselves. The military is the one salaried job that many low income people can get, it gives them technical skills and teaches them responsibility which are extremely applicable in the real world. It allows for them to go to school (GI Bill) and further educate and improve themselves making them more marketable in the civilian work force.

If you want to question anything about the US armed forces question all the red tape, the contracts for little things that are bought at hugely inflated costs, not the troops. Military housing is a necessary when a private or PFC is stationed in an expensive part of the country, IE San Diego. It's simple economics actually, since there is a required number of people who have to be in a said region at a base the apartment complexes, houses for rent and sale could be inflated because it is required. These people can't really shop around town much, they have to be within a certain distance of the base to get there in time. So military housing allows for a service member to have affordable housing and keeps the surrounding market from becoming artifically inflated.

A nice site on military pay and allowances: http://todaysmilitary.com/benefits/comp … ilitarypay
mikkel
+383|6603
An organised military is a self-assuring necessity. The only reason why you would need a bigger military is that another country has an equal or superior force, so I don't support military expansion, as the military will expand to meet the needs of the expanding military, indefinitely. Just like bureaucracy. I respect the sacrifice of servicemen just as I respect the sacrifice of police officers, but ultimately it's a government job, and one that should face the same budgetary constraints as any other government job.
ATG
Banned

Ridir wrote:

The OP wasn't about the right or the responsibility to question the soveriegnity or morality of waging war but to not thank the troops, cut their funding, reduce the military and its budget. While there are certain aspects of the military I could easily go without, things like having to know that a washer for a C-130 is within an ounce of its projected weight for an obscene amount of money, having a standing military of our size is fine with me.
Reduce the red tape and you'll see military spending reduced drastically.
Audit the military and you might have a huge one time expense to get it done but you have a starting point to see where the military is spending money and ways to make it more efficient.
Check the disability handed out by the VA, a lot of it is needed because of what has happened to servicemen over seas but some of it is just claimed bullshit.
The GI Bill is the single greatest VA benefit you could possibly have unless you lose a limb or are seriously fucked up due to PTSD.
A lot of people who enlist in the military use it to better themselves. The military is the one salaried job that many low income people can get, it gives them technical skills and teaches them responsibility which are extremely applicable in the real world. It allows for them to go to school (GI Bill) and further educate and improve themselves making them more marketable in the civilian work force.

If you want to question anything about the US armed forces question all the red tape, the contracts for little things that are bought at hugely inflated costs, not the troops. Military housing is a necessary when a private or PFC is stationed in an expensive part of the country, IE San Diego. It's simple economics actually, since there is a required number of people who have to be in a said region at a base the apartment complexes, houses for rent and sale could be inflated because it is required. These people can't really shop around town much, they have to be within a certain distance of the base to get there in time. So military housing allows for a service member to have affordable housing and keeps the surrounding market from becoming artifically inflated.

A nice site on military pay and allowances: http://todaysmilitary.com/benefits/comp … ilitarypay
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
Meh, I don't see why people would go out of their way to un-support troops, fair enough, you don't have to support them. Why should you be forced to support a bunch of people you (might) don't even know, just cos they were born in the same country for you and is fighting for it, but that doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to demonise/act against them like a douche, not saying that's what the OP is doing, but I'm talking about people in general who slate the Armed Forces.

Perhaps he is right, in the case of the US, that far too much money goes into the Military when it could be better spent elsewhere, but that wouldn't mean you'd have to hate everyone in the Armed Forces, cos of that. It's just like hating on all Muslims cos alot of Terrorists are Muslims, except it's the other side. Don't collectively hate, tbh.

Basically, direct your anger higher up, not to the little guys (and gals)
ATG
Banned
Nobody said they hate the individual troops ffs. ( discounting ram and the usual suspects who's opinions are automatically disregarded anyways )

It's about how people turn to the military for education or a career, and that how enough douches doing that creates a war machine that will try and feed itself. Not to mention the souless whore politicians who are more interested in personal enrichment than they are sound policy.

Too complicated, or what?
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6494|Connecticut

ATG wrote:

Nobody said they hate the individual troops ffs
CaptFass Said:
Now that I've gotten older and started to really think about it, these are the people that didn't want to further their education or who basically couldn't provide for them self in our society.

And he also said:
a good majority of them are whiny crying bitches who think that everything should be handed to them because they served over seas and fought for our country..

And then he said this:
Oh no, you're not going to be able to support your family of four on one income if you're husband doesn't have government housing and food anymore, you might have to get a job to support your baby making.. Well welcome to the real world.

That doesn't sound so friendly to me. Go ahead, agree with him though. It's your right and I sacrificed for you to have it so I am glad you excersize it.
Malloy must go
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

JahManRed wrote:

Sending more young men and women to their deaths than actually died at the event they are "avenging", in the wrong country is plain stupid.
So you just stop when you hit one less dead than died on a given event that starts a war? Really? Is that really what you want to say here?

So, by that method of warfare, WWI would never have happened, as one death started it all.

WWII should have ended for the US when 2349 people died (2350 died at Pearl Harbor). No help for Europe (or Australia) there, I guess.

Using body counts as a measure of effectiveness is flawed. I thought we learned that from the Vietnam War...unless it's convenient to an ill-made point, I guess.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
SealXo
+309|6537

deeznutz1245 wrote:

ATG wrote:

Nobody said they hate the individual troops ffs
CaptFass Said:
Now that I've gotten older and started to really think about it, these are the people that didn't want to further their education or who basically couldn't provide for them self in our society.

And he also said:
a good majority of them are whiny crying bitches who think that everything should be handed to them because they served over seas and fought for our country..

And then he said this:
Oh no, you're not going to be able to support your family of four on one income if you're husband doesn't have government housing and food anymore, you might have to get a job to support your baby making.. Well welcome to the real world.

That doesn't sound so friendly to me. Go ahead, agree with him though. It's your right and I sacrificed for you to have it so I am glad you excersize it.
idiots will be idiots.

dont try to hard though - it might be genetic.

Last edited by SealXo (2008-12-25 21:29:20)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard